6 of Cups: Yes or No?

Pique Dame

FYI - I'm aware that the tarot is not good with yes/no questions, but I wasn't sure how else to phrase it since it's largely out of my control. I'm having a bit of an issue with my bf's ex continuing to pop up in his social circle. The background: one of his good friends is hosting a Super Bowl party on Sunday and he and I talked about going, but his ex was invited to it and might go, too. Personally, I DGAF if she's there or not because they broke up over 4 years ago. He's mentioned a few times that she likes to cause drama, but I told him I just want to watch the game with other people who want to watch the game and I will tune out everything else around me. He said, "No, you don't understand how bad she is. She causes fist fights. I wouldn't want to put you through that." (I internet-stalked her a bit and discovered she was charged with battery once, so he's not joking.) Naturally, he's upset that his own friend continues to maintain ties with her and invite her to things, so he said he would say something about it to him, check the invite list to see if she's definitely going, and let me know later what the deal is. He also mentioned possibly going to the party himself for the first half and meeting up with me "wherever I end up" for the second but I didn't like that idea at all. This is the Super Bowl and my team is in it, so this is a huge deal to me and I wanted to watch the game together. Also, if his ex is really that bad, why would he even want to put in an appearance, especially without me?
Anyway, I did a 3-card reading this morning (RWS w/ reversals) asking whether my bf actually talked to his friend yesterday (he didn't) and checked the guest list (he did) like he said he would, and for the last question, I asked if I would end up going to the party with him on Sunday and I got 6 of Cups (upright). Immediately, I read it as a yes, like an invitation being extended. Two sweethearts together doing something pleasurable, the 6 is a lower echo of the Lovers, and the flowers as a gift could be bringing a bottle or dish to the host's house, which is a bit out in the countryside, like the card. But there's not much happening in it that suggests a party with a lot of people I haven't met yet. There's an element of childhood, home, or the past in there (and not past as in an ex who starts fist fights). It might mean I'll end up doing something more familiar to me, like another friend of mine's house or a venue I went to in prior years.
Well, it's getting down to the wire and I need to finalize my plans, so how would you read this in this context?

mary_leo

Since the question was if you would go to the party I would read it as a yes, you will go to a party where old friends would be catching up and having a good time.

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando Tapatalk

Pique Dame

Since the question was if you would go to the party I would read it as a yes, you will go to a party where old friends would be catching up and having a good time.
I thought about that: old friends catching up. I just pictured 3 of Cups or 4 of Wands more as a house party card, or something else that would suggest venturing into yet-uncharted territory. Everyone else will know each other, though, so it could be suggesting that. And the guy who lives at the house does have young children, so there's the childlike aspect.

mary_leo

When I was reading your thread I felt a harmless cheerful gathering with good old friends.
I think of the 6 of cups as a nostalgic card.
I pulled it twice to indicate getting in contact with childhood friends through Facebook.

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando Tapatalk

Barleywine

Since the question was simply "Will I go?" I would consider the 6 of Cups - irrespective of the card's specific interpretation - as a probable "yes" to the extent individual cards are able to convey a "yes-or-no" answer.

Pique Dame

When I was reading your thread I felt a harmless cheerful gathering with good old friends.
I think of the 6 of cups as a nostalgic card.
I pulled it twice to indicate getting in contact with childhood friends through Facebook.
I felt a very warm, harmless gathering vibe, too. It's just that the nostalgic aspect makes me think it may be indicating being around people I'm more familiar with, as the question was phrased "Will *I* go?" rather than him or us going together, so I assumed it was more about me. It could be we both go and I see someone else there I know, perhaps and old friend from my past.

Since the question was simply "Will I go?" I would consider the 6 of Cups - irrespective of the card's specific interpretation - as a probable "yes" to the extent individual cards are able to convey a "yes-or-no" answer.
As far as yes/no questions, this card upright is one of my yes cards, although it does depend a bit on the circumstances, which is why I thought a little context would help.

Barleywine

As far as yes/no questions, this card upright is one of my yes cards, although it does depend a bit on the circumstances, which is why I thought a little context would help.

Understood. That's how I read yes-or-no with card combinations. For single cards I just use the table I created. If I were to expand here, I would say "a good time was had by all." It's interesting that Aleister Crowley considered the 6 of Cups a card of sexual pleasure (Venus in Scorpio), so you might want to keep an eye out for any "chemistry" of that particular type.

Pique Dame

It's interesting that Aleister Crowley considered the 6 of Cups a card of sexual pleasure (Venus in Scorpio), so you might want to keep an eye out for any "chemistry" of that particular type.
Well, if my team ends up winning, you can guarantee there will be plenty of celebratory sex later! ;)

Pique Dame

So here's what happened: He did ask me to go to the party. He went skiing Friday night and came back yesterday morning and the plan was to meet at his place and head over to the party together. BUT (dramatic pause) on his way back from the ski house he started experiencing what he believes to be a mild case of food poisoning and was feeling extremely nauseated and dizzy. (It may have been something at the house because 3 other people came down with the same thing.) So he wasn't feeling up to driving an hour to a house party with 80 other people so we stayed local and watched the game at a bar where some of his friends were. And there was indeed some celebrating after!
So I guess it makes sense that it seemed like a 'yes' card but without much indication of a party actually happening. I got the invitation but we never made it to the event.

Barleywine

So here's what happened: He did ask me to go to the party. He went skiing Friday night and came back yesterday morning and the plan was to meet at his place and head over to the party together. BUT (dramatic pause) on his way back from the ski house he started experiencing what he believes to be a mild case of food poisoning and was feeling extremely nauseated and dizzy. (It may have been something at the house because 3 other people came down with the same thing.) So he wasn't feeling up to driving an hour to a house party with 80 other people so we stayed local and watched the game at a bar where some of his friends were. And there was indeed some celebrating after!
So I guess it makes sense that it seemed like a 'yes' card but without much indication of a party actually happening. I got the invitation but we never made it to the event.

Thanks for the update. Since you intended to go but didn't through no fault of your own, I would see it as a "yes" as well. And . . . where does one go skiing in Northern Virginia? Snowshoe Mountain?