Same card keeps coming up, upright and reversed.

Eyes

I've been noticing that sometimes when asking different questions on the same subject I keep drawing the same card, sometimes upright, sometimes reversed, how do you go about this? My intuition tells me that I should go with the upright meaning, what are your thoughts?

Thirteen

Moderator Note: If you name the card, you must interpret it!

Greetings Eyes and welcome to Aeclectic Tarot. We're very happy to have you.

Please take a moment to read up on both the Using Tarot Card forum rules and those of the Your Readings rules, as they detail what you must do when posting questions about readings and repeat cards.

UTC: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204174
Your Readings: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=211635

One of those most important rules is that NO ONE can reply to your question until you interpret ANY cards you named first. The Rule is "If you name a card, you must interpret it." It doesn't matter why you brought it up. Mention a card by name and it must be interpreted.

So. If you just want to ask about getting repeating cards (ANY card, nothing specific) and what a reader should think or do in that situation, then you need to edit out ALL those cards you named. If you want help on those cards you named, however, THEN you must tell us what you think they mean before anyone can give you any help of any kind. Please do one or the other ASAP.

POSTERS PLEASE HOLD OFF REPLYING UNTIL EYES EITHER INTERPRETS THE CARDS NAMED OR REMOVES THEM FROM THE ORIGINAL POST.

Thirteen co-mod Using Tarot Cards

Eyes

Greetings Eyes and welcome to Aeclectic Tarot. We're very happy to have you.

Please take a moment to read up on both the Using Tarot Card forum rules and those of the Your Readings rules, as they detail what you must do when posting questions about readings and repeat cards.

UTC: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204174
Your Readings: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=211635

One of those most important rules is that NO ONE can reply to your question until you interpret ANY cards you named first. The Rule is "If you name a card, you must interpret it." It doesn't matter why you brought it up. Mention a card by name and it must be interpreted.

So. If you just want to ask about getting repeating cards (ANY card, nothing specific) and what a reader should think or do in that situation, then you need to edit out ALL those cards you named. If you want help on those cards you named, however, THEN you must tell us what you think they mean before anyone can give you any help of any kind. Please do one or the other ASAP.

POSTERS PLEASE HOLD OFF REPLYING UNTIL EYES EITHER INTERPRETS THE CARDS NAMED OR REMOVES THEM FROM THE ORIGINAL POST.

Thirteen co-mod Using Tarot Cards
Alright, updated readings thread and removing cards from this thread.

LeFou

What if you go with both meanings? Can there be truth in both at the same time?

Rayo

Sometimes I read that as a change in tone.
Just the other day I was reading for a cousin and told her she had to be more forgiving (a gentle suggestion). She was offended and insisted that I draw again, but then I got the same card reversed. So I said: The card is saying you refuse to forgive, you insist on clinging to the past.

Pretty much the same meaning since when a card keeps returning I believe it's probably insisting on the same message, but I make the tone more forceful if it comes reversed.

Eyes

What if you go with both meanings? Can there be truth in both at the same time?

Yeah I think it depends on the card and the question

Eyes

Sometimes I read that as a change in tone.
Just the other day I was reading for a cousin and told her she had to be more forgiving (a gentle suggestion). She was offended and insisted that I draw again, but then I got the same card reversed. So I said: The card is saying you refuse to forgive, you insist on clinging to the past.

Pretty much the same meaning since when a card keeps returning I believe it's probably insisting on the same message, but I make the tone more forceful if it comes reversed.
Lol this reminded me when I told my little sister about the repeating cards, she said the cards roasted me and I was dumb for not listening.

TarotNewbie1

The repeated card thing happens to me a lot. I find it so fascinating. And it usually keeps happening for some time and then goes away like a phase. When that happens the message is pretty powerful. There is def something in that card I need to get a lesson from or a message that is being conveyed. I would probably read the upright meaning as the card is saying you need to do this.... And if the same card is coming reversed it is saying...you are not doing this but you need to do this whatever the upright meaning is.

Sometimes I will take that card, and then lay three cards, and ask what specifically is that card trying to tell me.

Just my opinion. Hope that helps.