Question about Daily Court Cards

Herodotus

I've been trying to keep the habit of doing a daily draw every morning.

For the past week and a half (that would be about ten days, although I haven't been writing my daily card down, so I'm not sure about that), I've gotten nothing but court cards (I shuffle every night before I sleep and again every morning before I draw). For the first couple of days, I'd tried to figure what lesson each card had for me to learn for each day. After a couple days, I began to expect with a bit of humor that I'd continue getting court cards. Now its just uncanny, and I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Anyone ever experience something like this / have any ideas what it might mean?

I have a copy of that book by Mary K. Greer and Tom Little about the Tarot court. The first step I've taken is to begin to re-read it so I can learn more about court cards in general. I was hoping, however, that someone here might have some insight on my situation.

Thanks,
- Herodotus

CrystalSeas

Do any of the cards repeat? Or is it a different card every day?

Often, court cards are personality traits of the querent. Since this is your personal daily draw, it might mean that you're being urged by your cards to use them as a personal growth tool.

Greer's "Tarot For Yourself" might be a good place to start examining your own attributes that are aspects of the card for the day.

violetdaisy

I wrote a post about this somewhere....in response to something. When I draw a court for my daily I draw a second card for reference. I don't normally do clarifiers but with a single card court's are difficult... is the court you, is it someone else, is it a situation.. too many options. So I draw a second card.

I think I used a hypothetical example of Queen of Swords. Usually I do figure that court is me and I know that this Queen values her mind over her heart with decisions etc. But how to be sure? So draw a second card. I think I used the example of 6 of Pentacles previously. This tells me apparently it's important for me to "imbody" this queen because I need to be careful of the assistance I offer and/or what I accept on the receiving end.

Example #2 - King of Swords rx. .... hmmm, I know exactly who this is but why do I need to pay attention to him today? Second card....lets say....the Star. Apparently this person really has it in for me today and after whatever interaction happens their goal is to squash my hope and future aspirations.

See?
I promise I'm being random. I've actually never had either of those combos :)

Herodotus

Do any of the cards repeat? Or is it a different card every day?

Often, court cards are personality traits of the querent. Since this is your personal daily draw, it might mean that you're being urged by your cards to use them as a personal growth tool.

Greer's "Tarot For Yourself" might be a good place to start examining your own attributes that are aspects of the card for the day.

I got Queen of Swords two days in a row, and Knight of Cups two days in a row. Every card has been either a Queen or a Knight, though.

Herodotus

I wrote a post about this somewhere....in response to something. When I draw a court for my daily I draw a second card for reference. I don't normally do clarifiers but with a single card court's are difficult... is the court you, is it someone else, is it a situation.. too many options. So I draw a second card.

I think I used a hypothetical example of Queen of Swords. Usually I do figure that court is me and I know that this Queen values her mind over her heart with decisions etc. But how to be sure? So draw a second card. I think I used the example of 6 of Pentacles previously. This tells me apparently it's important for me to "imbody" this queen because I need to be careful of the assistance I offer and/or what I accept on the receiving end.

Example #2 - King of Swords rx. .... hmmm, I know exactly who this is but why do I need to pay attention to him today? Second card....lets say....the Star. Apparently this person really has it in for me today and after whatever interaction happens their goal is to squash my hope and future aspirations.

See?

I hadn't thought to use clarifiers, thanks for the suggestion. I intend to draw a second card if this continues, but I want to know if anyone has an idea, not what a court card means, but rather, why am I continuing to get them after a week? It's weird.

Of course, Murphy's Law dictates that I'll probably not get another court card for ages now.

violetdaisy

I hadn't thought to use clarifiers, thanks for the suggestion. I intend to draw a second card if this continues, but I want to know if anyone has an idea, not what a court card means, but rather, why am I continuing to get them after a week? It's weird.

Of course, Murphy's Law dictates that I'll probably not get another court card for ages now.

Likely the cards (guide/s) inner/higher self (wherever you place your beliefs) are nudging you to look at relationships right now. Not the deep, soul mate, twin flame, romantic stuff (guess it could be that too) but how you relate and react/respond to others you interact with on a daily. Normally, a court card being the equivalent of a situation is a rare thing for me. Usually it's a person - me or someone else.

It might be an interesting excersise to "assign" courts to people you know; reserving 1-4 to indicate self (or just figure one of the majors as *you*). Take it further and assign upright and reversed courts to certain people if you interact with that many regularly. :)

Herodotus

Likely the cards (guide/s) inner/higher self (wherever you place your beliefs) are nudging you to look at relationships right now. Not the deep, soul mate, twin flame, romantic stuff (guess it could be that too) but how you relate and react/respond to others you interact with on a daily. Normally, a court card being the equivalent of a situation is a rare thing for me. Usually it's a person - me or someone else.

It might be an interesting excersise to "assign" courts to people you know; reserving 1-4 to indicate self (or just figure one of the majors as *you*). Take it further and assign upright and reversed courts to certain people if you interact with that many regularly. :)

Hmmm. I have been very lonely lately. Maybe the cards are suggesting the sorts of people I should be looking for? The Knight of Cups threw me, though, because instead of thinking it may be someone else, that is my main significator.

Herodotus

See?

Ok, today I pulled the Page of Swords, and for a clarifier I pulled... the King of Swords, followed by the Queen of Pentacles, followed by the King of Cups. I finally pulled the 10 of Swords. Perhaps it all means I'm just overthinking it.

But I'm not sure my cards aren't just playing games with me.

violetdaisy

If I were to pull 2 courts - esp of same suit I would look at a few things.
In your case the two cards are in ascending so that's something to think about.
Another thing to consider is what suit they are both in. - In this case swords. And (in my humble opinion) - the two least jaded, least likely to cause problems of those 4.

The page is just starting out, all full of ideas - you managed to skip the Knight who can be quite vicious with words (if only because he's speaking before thinking) and you skipped the Queen - cunning, analytical, and more likely to either use the emotions of those around her to manipulate them or to ignore them because they get in the way.

(Not that she always does that - in some cases she's just not a warm fuzzy being. For instance - I have to 'think' about how I'm supposed to respond to how my daughter 'feels' Because my automatic response may not be what she needs at the moment - that's a Queen Swords thing.)

Anyhow I would be looking at today for figuring out how to turn a bright idea into a real procedure/product/new invention whatever. :cool3: A day to jot down, think about improvements and then plan on how to implement them.

And since this morning's draw was challenging for you - I'd definitely at the very least journal your day in as much detail as you can stand. Even if what you actually "did" consisted of a shower, binge watching TV, ordering pizza, and taking a 3 hour siesta. There are thoughts and feelings happening all of the time between and during events. Then leave it alone for a while...days...a week...until it's right to look back at it and reflect on it.

I probably would have stopped at two...by the time you ended up with the 10 it was probably saying that it's said everything it could possibly say to day to make things make sense to you - you "killed" it. D.E.D....and exactly right, 10 Swords can indeed indicate way over thinking things.

Herodotus

If I were to pull 2 courts - esp of same suit I would look at a few things.
In your case the two cards are in ascending so that's something to think about.
Another thing to consider is what suit they are both in. - In this case swords. And (in my humble opinion) - the two least jaded, least likely to cause problems of those 4.

The page is just starting out, all full of ideas - you managed to skip the Knight who can be quite vicious with words (if only because he's speaking before thinking) and you skipped the Queen - cunning, analytical, and more likely to either use the emotions of those around her to manipulate them or to ignore them because they get in the way.

(Not that she always does that - in some cases she's just not a warm fuzzy being. For instance - I have to 'think' about how I'm supposed to respond to how my daughter 'feels' Because my automatic response may not be what she needs at the moment - that's a Queen Swords thing.)

Anyhow I would be looking at today for figuring out how to turn a bright idea into a real procedure/product/new invention whatever. :cool3: A day to jot down, think about improvements and then plan on how to implement them.

And since this morning's draw was challenging for you - I'd definitely at the very least journal your day in as much detail as you can stand. Even if what you actually "did" consisted of a shower, binge watching TV, ordering pizza, and taking a 3 hour siesta. There are thoughts and feelings happening all of the time between and during events. Then leave it alone for a while...days...a week...until it's right to look back at it and reflect on it.

I probably would have stopped at two...by the time you ended up with the 10 it was probably saying that it's said everything it could possibly say to day to make things make sense to you - you "killed" it. D.E.D....and exactly right, 10 Swords can indeed indicate way over thinking things.

One clarifier should have been enough. But when it was another court card, I couldn't help myself, and when I continued to pull them, well...

Anyway, thanks for the tips and the insights, I appreciate it.