Card to represent self love?

katep

I am planning to do a candle ritual around self love and I want to select some tarot cards to use as a visual support.

I was wondering what cards people thought would work well? I was thinking of Lovers, Star and Queen Cups?

Nemia

When I read your question, in my mind bubbled up Temperance and the World. I can't even tell you why. Temperance has this nice spot in the worlds, between the different elements, and seems to feel very happy there - there's the aspect of tempering steel, i.e. we work at ourselves all the time but with joy, not desperation, making ourselves clearer and stronger - and the iris, the connection between the Heavens and ourselves - yes, that seems like a good place to be, at peace with ourselves and the world.

World is even stronger. Temperance says, "I do this and enjoy it", and World says "I did it and it was great".

Can't give you better reasons for that - when I saw your choices, they seemed great, too. Lovers - believe in your decisions and your connections to others. Star - believe in your star, in your plan for life and your destiny. Queen of Cups if this is you - giving and receiving love.

You could even make a circle. Your queen in the middle, and Lovers, Star and other majors (not necessarily those I chose) around her. A magnetic field of love from your inner archetypes :)

DDwarks

I use the 2 of Cups for this.

It helps me create a deep and loving relationship with myself based on true understanding and respect of who I am.

Its like a gift I'm giving myself.

katep

I love both these ideas, thank you! The World is also completion - as in you are complete as you are, which is a lovely idea. Hadn't ever thought of Temperance, never too sure what to make of her. 2 Cups also a lovely idea.

ShinyAeon

Strength. I can't verbalize exactly why, but yeah. Strength = self love.

Pipistrelle

The first card that sprang to my mind was the Empress. She is the nurturing mother who wants us to love and care for ourselves, flaws and all.

decan

I thought as well to the Empress, because she seems very satisfied with herself.

Anyway this could be a matter of personal preference and as well it depends on the art in a particular deck.

EmpyreanKnight

The Hermit is not afraid to isolate himself so that he can take a deep look inwards and ponder on the necessary changes that he would have to make in order to improve not only his situation, but his own self in the long run. In his meditations, he gains a deeper understanding of who he really is as a person, his gifts and talents as well as his faults and weaknesses, and in so doing, little by little he learns to accept himself for who he really is, developing an unsentimental self-regard that is clouded by neither vanity nor delusion.

I think that the Hermit would be a very good card to represent genuine and earnest self-love.

decan

Interesting EmpyreanKnight.
Actually the Hermit is one of my personal cards; that is to say that I think this card (and some other cards) are among my permanent guidance cards, so it would be interesting for me (for example) to understand how the Hermit expresses self-love, probably he should express something like that, but with a Great sobriety (I imagine).
Anyway for me, the Hermit card and self-love aren't great friends, or the hermit has a special lesson to learn in that matter, but it's just my opinion!

EmpyreanKnight

We all have different experiences and traverse our distinct and personal paths, so I fully respect your opinion, decan. :)

By the way, the Hermit is my personal card too, since I'm a Virgo. I do find that I resonate more with Strength, The Devil, and my birth card The Emperor though.