TAROT de PARIS study group

Moonbow

Shaka JPT

and very happy birthday. Are you really in Hawaii? What a perfect place to have a birthday in.

Aloha

Moonbow*

Astraea

Happy birthday, JPT, and many more to come!

JPT

In this 'Aeclectic' world, swirling with hundreds tarots, it is a privilege to assist in this study group from time to time.

1. Firstly I'd like to point out that there are several typos in the book and other places where the London editors missed the context altogether. These things are being corrected for the second edition St. Martin's Press. But I'd be happy to correct any confusion that may have arisen from those mistakes.

2. Premise - It is necessary to understand that the TDP did not begin as an idea to produce a tarot. Nor was it conceived as a 'theme deck'. (In 1981 the market for new tarots was still quite small.) Also all the images required that they be 'discovered' by walking around in a city, Paris, where I had never lived or previously visited (at least not this lifetime. The only way the project was fulfilled was to ‘open’ myself to what the city had to offer and then invent ways of getting lost in it to allow ‘active randomness’ to intuitively direct me to the locations and statues.

3. Spirits – As I wrote in the book, Paris is animated by the magnitude of its sculptural diversity. The ‘Spirits’ embody and encourage that animating force. They are not concerned with the ramifications of their animations. They stimulate situations when they appear. Their appearance is the ‘message’.

4. Quiz? - There is a graphic mistake in one of the numbered minor cards. This has now already been corrected in the reissued cards. Only one clue……….when counting the suit symbols in each card………….there is one too many in the group? Anyone who finds it gets an 11x14 art print of any card in the deck they choose. Go for it!

Thanks for the B’day messages!

I’m off to Japan for a month of workshops, readings and lectures.

Aloha,
*jpt

Summerdream

Hi Jpt!

I found it!!! Check your Pm.

Momof3girls:))))

Summerdream

I love this deck. I've never been to Paris but this deck makes me feel like I am there.

Thank you JPT for the 11x14 print. I chose the Ace of Air because it is my favorite card in the deck.

I look forward to contributing to this study group.

By the way the answer to Quiz #1 is the Eight of Fire!

Momof3girls:)

JPT

Okay .......so here's Quiz #2

We have a WINNER!!
Hmmmmmmmmm, Now that I can guage the extent that you folks will go for some freebies................ I'll have to crank up the Quiz another notch.

#2 Something broken
There's something broken in the minor cards. What is it and how many of them are there? Hint: its not stone.

Reward: a reissue deck sent to your door (by moi) which is much faster than waiting for the publisaher/distributor to sort it out!

*jpt

Summerdream

Re: Okay .......so here's Quiz #2

JPT said:
We have a WINNER!!
Hmmmmmmmmm, Now that I can guage the extent that you folks will go for some freebies................ I'll have to crank up the Quiz another notch.

#2 Something broken
There's something broken in the minor cards. What is it and how many of them are there? Hint: its not stone.

Reward: a reissue deck sent to your door (by moi) which is much faster than waiting for the publisaher/distributor to sort it out!

*jpt

Hi again JPT!

The 5 of Air has a broken sword. There are 7 swords in the picture but only 1 is broken.

I'd love to have a reissue deck sent directly to my door!

Momof3girls

Cerulean

Dear Mom-of-3-Girls

You are amazing and wonderfully observant!

I'd be glad to be in your study group, as well!

Mari H.

JPT

Quiz #2

To All,
Momof 3girls has discovered the correct object but............there are more....keep searching.
*jpt

Summerdream

Re: Quiz #2

JPT said:
To All,
Momof 3girls has discovered the correct object but............there are more....keep searching.
*jpt

Hi JPT!

Aha! On the Seven of Air there is also a broken sword. So that makes for a total of 2 broken swords (5 and 7 of air).

Momof3girls:)