Is it a good ToM version?

Yves Le Marseillais

Tarot Gallery

Bonjour Katniss,

If you search for old historical Tarot of Marseille pattern facsimilys, then take a walk on my free access Gallery of Tarots:

http://tarot-de-marseille-heritage.com/english/historic_tarots_gallery.

I plan to publish about 12 historical decks in facsimily and 4 more will be added this year to my two avaluable.
If you PM me I could send you my Newsletters with valuable informations.

Have a nice WE.

Salutations from France Marseille
Old €urope

Yves

Katniss

Katniss, if you don't love the rougher lines, let me throw another contender into the ring: the ISIS TdM. I don't have this one myself and I have no idea how much it costs, but a lot of people praise it for its aesthetics.

thx for the suggestion + yes, this one is absolutely gorgeous + i would have loved to have it but i checked the site + it'd be $40 total with ship. so that's too much 4 now :-(
i do keep the site as i'll get it when i can!

Bonjour Katniss,

If you search for old historical Tarot of Marseille pattern facsimilys, then take a walk on my free access Gallery of Tarots:

http://tarot-de-marseille-heritage.com/english/historic_tarots_gallery.

I plan to publish about 12 historical decks in facsimily and 4 more will be added this year to my two avaluable.
If you PM me I could send you my Newsletters with valuable informations.

Have a nice WE.

Salutations from France Marseille
Old €urope

Yves

thx, i'll check your site; really interesting what you're doing, it's great to bring the originals back to life! i'm definitely interested by your newsletter + will pm

well, working with my budget i settled 4 the Fournier ToM 4 now. i really like the way it's drawn and the colors even if sometimes i think they should have kept a bright yellow like 4 the eagle on the Emperor's card, it's kind of lost in the blend... but that'll do. i have to say that if money wasn't an issue i'd have chosen the Isis, so far that's my fav!

thx again to y'all for helping find a ToM!

Barleywine

well, working with my budget i settled 4 the Fournier ToM 4 now. i really like the way it's drawn and the colors even if sometimes i think they should have kept a bright yellow like 4 the eagle on the Emperor's card, it's kind of lost in the blend... but that'll do. i have to say that if money wasn't an issue i'd have chosen the Isis, so far that's my fav!

You shouldn't be disappointed with the Fournier; the production values are excellent and the cardstock, finish and size are a joy to work with. The colors obviously aren't traditional but they're vibrant and inspiring. It was my choice after a lot of looking and consideration of budget constraints. Isis is on my wish-list, or (well, and) one of Yves'.

Katniss

You shouldn't be disappointed with the Fournier; the production values are excellent and the cardstock, finish and size are a joy to work with. The colors obviously aren't traditional but they're vibrant and inspiring. It was my choice after a lot of looking and consideration of budget constraints. Isis is on my wish-list, or (well, and) one of Yves'.

thx 4 what u said, can't wait to receive it, it shouldn't take too long as it ships with priority mail... i see that i'm not the only one falling 4 the ISIS but buying "2nd love aka Fournier" lol! i hope 4 both of us that we'll get the Isis soon!

Chrystella

I think I need to add the Isis to my wish list too. I have Yves' Pierre Madenie and I adore it! It might very well be my favourite TdM.

Abrac

Hard to go wrong with the Fournier. The coloring on some of the Spanish decks takes a little getting used to but it grows on ya. I'll be interested in hearing your opinion when you get it. :)

Katniss

Hard to go wrong with the Fournier. The coloring on some of the Spanish decks takes a little getting used to but it grows on ya. I'll be interested in hearing your opinion when you get it. :)

sure, i'll post when i get it ;-)

Katniss

i received my TM Fournier version + i wasn't disappointed by it! i actually like it even better than the pics i'd seen online. i don't think that the colored backgrounds will be a problem 4 me, the colors aren't too strong + look like an old painting. the images are very well done, i like the neatness of the lines. just one thing i'll have to get used to is the size! it's indeed smaller than my RW so at first it feels weird lol!
i haven't started to study it just yet as life got in the way; but i can't wait to get started with my TM!

Chrystella

I look forward to hearing more about your experience with the TdM, Katniss, particularly with the Fournier. I don't have that one and I've been on the fence about getting it (though I am slowly breaking down lol).

Abrac

A lot of online scans are very poor representations of what the cards look like in reality. Good to hear you like what you ended up with. :)