Caylee Anthony V/S Casey Anthony (comparison chart)

tarotlyn

:):heart:...such fascinating information and I wonder if we will ever see those days again, the
days of persecution of astrologers and /or fortune tellers? I would probably be one of the first
ones to be tarred and feathered, etc. :bugeyed: I am hoping that never happens in the future.

It might be a benefit to those that practice (publicly) astrology, numerology, tarot, etc.
to check into studying and obtaining a licensed minister's license in order to counsel others
possibly using these tools.

RE: Casey Anthony's court trial for the 4 counts...being tried as 'separate' charges of 1 year
sentence each count = 4 years (plus $1,000 per charge - $4,000 total)...and she has only
served 3 years of that so far.

The judge is, right now, discussing time served, and her good behavior while serving the
last 3 years. He is spending the next hour talking to the attorneys to decide her sentence today.

The prosecution has just made a motion to sue her in another trial for money owed to the
state for funds spent in the past 3 years investigation, plus court costs, etc. and the judge
just granted that motion.

She may get further jail time...starting TODAY...because the judge refuses to COMBINE
all 4 (lying to officers) charges.

The judge is now setting a hearting date for the prosecution to try Casey for their money
cost charges...he just gave them August 25th, 2011 as a trial for this law suit.

He is asking her she can appeal his decisions he makes today. He just gave her 30 days
to appeal today's court sentence.

Court is now in recess...she is not going home today! She is back in prison...she was just
sentenced 4 years (the maximum possible)...and probably won't get out of jail until later
this month or in August as she doesn't have 4 years served. (She will be out this summer...
but for now she is still going to be in jail). The judge also said that he will be applying 'good
time credit' towards this 4 year sentence.

He has given her the maximum sentence for each charge and he has ordered her back in
court on August 25th, 2011, to face suit for the cost of the missing person investigation
plus all court costs involved.

People outside the courthouse are freaking out right now. They are an angry crowd outside
the courthouse and they are still upset!!!

There still could be a safety concern outside the courthouse. The people of Florida are MAD!

ETA:
The exact date of her release is now being decided between the judge and her lawyers,
behind closed doors, as I type this. They will come back within the hour to tell that date
and she will THEN be sentenced and will serve time in jail until THAT date. I will come back
and tell you then how much more exact further time she will be getting.

The date will NOT now be told in open court to the public. Instead, the judge will send this
decided date to the media via email :bugeyed:...so as soon I find out how much more time
she will get in jail, I will post it here.

:heart:tarotlyn

Minderwiz

Thanks for the update!

It looks like the judge is trying to give her as long a sentence as he possibly can, possibly because of that outcry.

I know she cannot be tried again on the same charges but I still find it odd that charges were not added to cover her defence. She claimed that Caylee died accidentally in the swimming pool and that she panicked and hid the body.

Now over here that could well have led to charges of neglect - leaving a two year old unsupervised around a swimming pool - charges of allowing her death - no supervision = no rescue once she fell in - and charges of unlawful burial, failing to notify a death and no doubt possibly more charges. None of those charges would allege actions which directly led to her death Is there any prospect that such charges could be brought?

I'm not saying she would receive a longer sentence but as those charges are more directly concerned with death than lying to a police officer, they might be thought as more fitting to the crime and they would also bring closure to the case in terms of Caylee's fate. As it is the police have an unsolved death on their hands - do they now just shelve the case?

tarotlyn

Thank you tarotlyn - I'm more than happy to accept that you were not shouting but Prudence does make a good point, and, as I too used capitals for emphasis, it's worth us both remembering that other people are following the thread and may draw the wrong conclusion. So now let's put that behind us and say no more about it.
:):heart: Mum's the word! :shhh:

Perhaps it would also be a good idea for you to start another thread at some point in which you explain how you make your judgements based on the combined hard aspects. I may be a sceptic when in comes to the outers, but most western Astrologers use them and I think members would enjoy seeing how you work and how to apply the method. I promise not to interfere, other than to ask factual questions :)
Thank you for the invite regarding starting another thread (based on combined
hard aspects) but I think I will decline that because this thread was so off topic that I do
not want to chance that again in this forum. However, I may pop in and out of here, now and then,
just to comment on whatever. I have been a member here about 4 1/2 years and I have not
posted in the astrology forum that often, (nor that much in the numerology forum) because
I wanted to spend my energies more in the direction of my beloved tarot life. That is where my heart truly is. TAROT :heart: Love it!

On the court cases;

The Alan Leo is of especial interest to Astrologers - Leo was convicted under the Witchcraft Act1735 (yes a piece of legislation that was nearly 200 years old at the time of the case) The Act was used to specifically target 'fortune tellers' If I can quote from Kim Farnell's biography of Leo;

By 1912, the number of fortune tellers in London had risen rapidly and it was estimated that between six and seven hundred were operating at that time. The Metropolitan Police Commissioner issued an order that fortune tellers of all types within his jurisdiction must remove all words such as "palmist", "clairvoyant" and "astrologer" from their doorplates, window signs and other public advertisements, and public concern was heightened enough for questions to be asked in the House of Commons in 1911 and 1912.

Leo was charged with having told fortunes on both 27 February and 8 April 1914. He pleaded not guilty. In February 1914, Hugh MacLean of the City of London Police had written to Leo under the name of William Hammond asking for a list of charges for horoscopes. He received in response a letter and a booklet entitled The Stars and How to Read Them. McLean then sent off for a ten shilling horoscope. For his money McLean received a Delineation of Nativity, and the advice that he could either purchase a more detailed judgment or add to it himself by studying Leo's books The Key to Your Own Nativity or The Progressed Horoscope.

The section of the report entitled Future Prospects was read out in court. It was shown that when the letter was sent, Leo was abroad and couldn't have written it. The case was dismissed, but costs were refused.

So Leo got off, on the grounds that he didn't send the letter (it was probably a stock letter and sent by an assistant but I don't know for certain).

However in 1917 a second prosecution was brought against him under the same Act and on a broadly similar charge. Leo argued that Astrology showed only tendencies, not fate and indeed his defence rested amongst other things on the phrase 'the stars incline they do not compel' However the magistrates, unlike the Evangeline Adams' Judge, refused to let Leo argue that Astrology could be valid on that or any basis. One phrase sunk Leo - in his 100 page report he said 'At this time a death in your family circle will cause you sorrow The prosecution leapt on it and said this was a clear case of fortune telling. How could Leo argue that Astrology was about tendencies, when he said that - Was death a tendency or was there a tendency towards death?

Leo was convicted and fined £5 but also had to pay costs of £25 (about £1,000 in today's money).

The upshot of the case was a retreat by Astrologers in the UK from making any sort of forecast, for fear of prosecution. Astrology became almost exclusively concerned with character reading - Horary for example would definitely have fallen foul of the Act. These two prosecutions did much to change the way Astrology was practised and really forecasting techniques were downplayed even into the sixties, a decade or more after the Act was repealed.

The other case Dave quoted was of Lilly's forecast of the Great Fire of London. The forecast was made in 1652, the fire occurred in 1666 - he ended up having to give evidence to the House of Commons Committee that was set up to investigate its causes. The forecast itself was in the form of a hieroglyphic (a sort of coded drawing). There was a lot of suspicion that the fire was deliberately started and might have major political overtones, as it was only 6 years since the restoration of the monarchy. Lilly had supported the Parliament side in the Civil War and he had quite a few enemies because of that. Lilly managed to convince the Committee that the forecast was not precise and that he knew nothing about the fire.

Both the Lilly and Leo cases centre on the ability of Astrologers to make forecasts. I think what tarotlyn had in mind was the use of Astrologers for 'personality profiling' by the law enforcement agencies. Some years before I retired, one of my team who taught on Human Resource Management courses happened to mention that in France Astrologers were sometimes used for the character analysis of job candidates. I've not seen any corroborating evidence for that but if it is done in that context, is it a major leap to suggest it could be done elsewhere and for other purposes than candidate selection?
Thank you, Minderwiz, for giving all this VERY interesting information above,
it is something to think about, for all of us, perhaps realizing just how lucky we are at this
time in history, to be able to be on this very forum to be able to discuss our loved Metaphysical subjects.

I actually see what you are saying about how things were in London after Leo's conviction
regarding how astrologers, etc. were to keep a low profile and stick to mainly character analysis
of job candidates (which IS an interesting facet in itself!). And you said that lasted somewhat
into the 60's. I don't think it had the same affect on astrologers here in the USA though...
some, but not as much. So maybe that is why some of us are bolder in our thinking and
acting in the USA regarding these subjects.

Do we have an 'astrological history' thread going? I thought I saw the title amongst the this forum.
I think I would like to check that out...maybe behind the scenes...LOL :laugh:

:) Thank you Minderwiz for your comments on the criminal court cases of those two astrologers,
which were most interesting indeed. :):thumbsup:

RE: Casey Anthony's sentencing and release date:
She may get 1,043 days taken off her sentence for good behavior, which is 2.85 years taken
off her 4 year sentence. However, she was also convicted of felony check fraud charges and
it is not now clear if they are applying that sentence as having been consecutively served or not?

All of these things are being talked about right now, between the judge and the defense lawyers,
behind closed doors :bugeyed:

I will be back to post the exact dates as soon as they are announced on our live 'court channel.'

:heart:HUGS
tarotlyn

tarotlyn

Thanks for the update!

It looks like the judge is trying to give her as long a sentence as he possibly can, possibly because of that outcry.

I know she cannot be tried again on the same charges but I still find it odd that charges were not added to cover her defence. She claimed that Caylee died accidentally in the swimming pool and that she panicked and hid the body.

Now over here that could well have led to charges of neglect - leaving a two year old unsupervised around a swimming pool - charges of allowing her death - no supervision = no rescue once she fell in - and charges of unlawful burial, failing to notify a death and no doubt possibly more charges. None of those charges would allege actions which directly led to her death Is there any prospect that such charges could be brought?

I'm not saying she would receive a longer sentence but as those charges are more directly concerned with death than lying to a police officer, they might be thought as more fitting to the crime and they would also bring closure to the case in terms of Caylee's fate. As it is the police have an unsolved death on their hands - do they now just shelve the case?

What you are saying is (almost exactly) what everyone else is saying over here...
(The public crowds, the media, and other observing lawyers and judges are stating most of what you just said.)

It is also being said that if she does serve any further time in jail, that she might be put
into the public section of the jail and would not have further physical protection and that it
could be very dangerous for her. Some have commented that she could even be attacked
there and maybe even die as a result. So some are saying, that in that case, she will never
go free!

I believe that right now, the court and the local police are VERY worried of crowd reaction
once her exact sentence is announced!:bugeyed:

EXACT SENTENCING TIME JUST ANNOUNCED:
Here it comes: 1,043 days credit...SHE WILL BE RELEASED: ON JULY 13TH, 2011 ~ today is July 7th...so only 6 DAYS!!!

Here is what I think:
She is given only 6 days sentence left to serve...and I think that they did that right now
to keep her safe AND to let her out soon so she can sign book deals, movie deals, etc. so
that when she goes back to court on August 25th, 2011, she will be sued for court charges
and investigation charges caused by her lying to police...she may have enough money by then and
then the court can attach that money! The fees could be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars
that she will have to pay in this next law suit against her!

:heart:HUGS
tarotlyn

tarotlyn

Thanks for the update!
...I know she cannot be tried again on the same charges but I still find it odd that charges were not added to cover her defence. She claimed that Caylee died accidentally in the swimming pool and that she panicked and hid the body.

Now over here that could well have led to charges of neglect - leaving a two year old unsupervised around a swimming pool - charges of allowing her death - no supervision = no rescue once she fell in - and charges of unlawful burial, failing to notify a death and no doubt possibly more charges. None of those charges would allege actions which directly led to her death Is there any prospect that such charges could be brought?...
...an afterthought: Oh, forgot to mention, that over here, the defense does not have to prove anything.
The prosecution is the one that has to prove guilt. Casey's defense just threw that out there
(the drowning in the pool idea), but they did not have to prove that, they could say anything
they wanted to and not have to prove it. It is left totally up to the jury to decide what they believe.

:heart: tarotlyn

Minderwiz

...an afterthought: Oh, forgot to mention, that over here, the defense does not have to prove anything.
The prosecution is the one that has to prove guilt. Casey's defense just threw that out there
(the drowning in the pool idea), but they did not have to prove that, they could say anything
they wanted to and not have to prove it. It is left totally up to the jury to decide what they believe.

:heart: tarotlyn

Yes same here (the US legal system has its origins in ours). So from what you say she offered no evidence for her 'version' - nor swore on oath, either to the 'accident', nor to the 'illegal burial'. So even though the defence had mentioned them, if such charges were now brought, she could deny them and the prosecution would have to prove it all over again.

tarotlyn

:):heart: I am watching the 'In Session' court TV channel right now, and the Anthony's (grandparent's) lawyer
is giving an interview and has just stated that the grandparents have just received 17 death threats,
some more serious than others, and that the situational is still dangerous.

Earlier, Casey's lawyer, Baez, gave an interview, and stated that he is really worried about
Casey's safety upon her release. She better have some body guards around her when she
is released on July 13th. She is also getting death threats. So the irony is, the very police
that tried to convict her, now have to protect her! Imagine! :bugeyed:

I personally think that the whole family has to move out of Florida to be safe...and then to where?
...she may be coming to a state (or country) where you are! :eek:

:heart:tarotlyn