Mary K Greer's Books

frac_ture

I'm getting a tremendous amount of benefit out of working through "Tarot for Your Self." It's been teaching me a lot about both the more standard meanings of the cards, and also how to have faith in my own interpretations. The exercises are fun and very interesting, and the workbook feel is really working for me personally (mileages may of course vary on that score). I've been impressed enough, though, that when I finish, I think I want to pick up "21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card." Her book on Court Cards sounds pretty great, too!

Scarlet27

Greer's books are SO amazing. I've been lucky enough to get my hands on "21 ways..." and "Tarot for yourself". I specially liked the fact that they're BIG books, which allows me to take them more as workbooks instead of just reading them when I take long bus rides, because that's what I usually do with the other not-so-big books I read. I'm a person who finds it very difficult to sit down and complete exercises, but not with these two workbooks. I had a blast working with them, and I'm glad I took the time :D

I also recommend Greer's "Understanding the Tarot Court" and "Tarot mirrors".

Jes

Ok, since I first posted this I have actually purchased both 21 ways to read a tarot card, and Tarot for yourself.
I have worked through most of tarot for yourself, and have worked up until step 10 so far in 21 ways. i have picked out the steps I liked best so far and use these, with some adaptions whilst reading.

these are great rescources for all readers. i am finding that I have to go away and use the things i read/learn about then come back and read more of the books, try again, come back etc.

am glad I got these.

Babalon Jones

I have 21 ways sitting in my cart at amazon right now, waiting to fill in the rest of an order. Can't wait to get it!

gregory

I have 21 ways sitting in my cart at amazon right now, waiting to fill in the rest of an order. Can't wait to get it!

No, you can't. Why not drive over there and pick it up !

Babalon Jones

LOL gregory, I'm not sure what you are trying to say! (but it is Amazon you know, there is no "there" as they exist in their own parallel universe.)

So, do you like the book, is that what you mean?

gregory

LOL gregory, I'm not sure what you are trying to say! (but it is Amazon you know, there is no "there" as they exist in their own parallel universe.)

So, do you like the book, is that what you mean?

Kinda do, yup :D

(What I like, seriously, is that it is non-proscriptive. Unlike so many of the books out there, it offers LOADS of alternatives and no "this is the way to go".)

Cerulean

I like Women of the Golden Dawn and Essence of Magic

I enjoy history and tarot, so Women of the Golden Dawn has both and I've delighted in rereading it.

Essence of Magic is about aromatherapy and tarot, a nice blend of sensation and tarot topics.

The others are warmly creative and experimental, which I like, but the two above are likely to be almost unique in their way of looking at some subjects in their themes. So they stand out in my mind.

Cerulean

gregory

Oh yes - Women of the Golden Dawn. THAT is something else entirely :)

Babalon Jones

Oh I'd almost forgotten about Women of the Golden Dawn. It has been on my "must read" list for awhile, so I think I will get that one now too while I am thinking of it!