Here's another

Cerulean

www.divinationsystems.com

I was looking for an eight card spread. What I like about this one is you can get online readings with some really hard to find tarots, including the Blue Moon Tarot, Pagan Tarot 2000 and Dorothy Krause tarot.

What is really interesting to me is the meanings change with every deck--from short sentences with the Pagan Tarot to very insightful suggestions. Some of the readings can be slightly predictive or meditative, depending on the spread that you choose.

I'm using this to practise my own spreads.

Inana

Have to say I dont like much that kind of computer-generated readings, but this site is interesting. It has lot of different spreads to choose and like you pointed out, non usual decks. Plus its not full of publicity advertisments or pop-ups.

How are you using this for practising your own spreads? You mean looking for ideas or inspiration? Or using the cards showed in the site?
Thanks for sharing the link.

Cerulean

Experimenting in 3 ways.

1. What I did was look for a comparable deck in my collection--say the Pagan Tarot. Then I chose one a pull of the same cards, using the same headings and looked at what I was thought the cards said, with a brief look at the meanings in my book.

I chose the same spread in the computer generated site and compared.

2. In one volunteer reading example, the questioner was confused but need some guidance. I don't charge, being someone in practice, so the questioner understands that I am learning. The questioner actually chose a spread and a deck online---the fact that they had an online spread to look at actually helped shape a question for me to pull on. The questioner asked me to read along the lines of the same spread in a comparative card pull. I had no idea what the online reading said, although I did find out the chosen deck online was one of the 22 majors only.

The questioner did say soon they were buying a certain deck that I had, so I actually did a reading from that deck manually. It turns out that this deck gave an interesting reading to the questioner in some ideas and guidance. I know this sounds kind of vague, but the original question was very private, so I'm not naming the decks involved.

3. I found that the meanings of the separate decks were actually provided by the author, so there's a different feel to each pull. The Pagan Tarot is very different from the Black Flamingo or Blue Moon deck...that's why I find this a surprising, but interesting variety for comparing my manual spreads.

If you do readings for others, they might also find this helpful to guide you to a spread that helps them shape their question or help them interact with their own cards when you aren't there to talk to them about their fine-tuning questions from your general reading. By the way, you are the second person to tell me in terms of free readings, this seems different than getting a canned reading from other computer-generated card pulls.

What I really like is the website also allows you to link to their site if you want to give a nice freebie...and the decks are very nice, as they are all independents, as far as I know.

Mari

catti

i found a nice spread

its an 8 card spread called land and stars
ideal for the what am i doing with my life, career type questions
*********************************************************5**6*****************************8****9********
******4*********************************7*******************************1*************************************************2****3****************************************************************************
hope you can see that
1 is the outcome
2 +3 is the present
456 the past
789 the future

i used a general question with William Blake tarot and was surprised by the readings effectiveness. I too am suspicious of electronic readings and usually dont like them. But this site is very aeclectic and has lots of spreads , maybe 7 different categories with at least 10 spreads in each....i go there and pick up ideas for new spreads...i have found that some spreads work with some questions better so that is how i am using the site to learn
thanks for the link Mari

Inana

Mari: Looks like an interesting way to experiment comparing the meanings of the book and the meanings you come with. And also the online reading to help shape questions and pulling cards manually to expand meanings. Each deck can provide diferents visions and hues of understanding.

When I've used this authomatic online-readings and I tried to interpret the cards, my mind turns off. I only see the text on the screen and read it, its like if i dont see the cards anymore. Thats maybe why you use an equal deck and do the spread manually too.

About the free readings, this is a quite good site because is well articulated, but when computer generated theres always that feeling of cutted and pasted sentences. No global picture.

Catti, the variety of spreads with different meanings for the cards is what surprised me too.

SongDeva

Annikin

Hey there all!

Just wanted to say I'm a long time fan of Annikin (now Divination Systems) and got their daily reading by email for ages.
I always wondered what happened to them.

I haven't looked at the new site beyong noting the name, but I'm psyched!!!
Thanks!