The Crossing of Paths spread

Kagami

Hello, all! Long time no see. :)

It had been awhile since I used the cards last, but I'd found a need for what to do about seemingly star-crossed paths and came up with this spread. I had such good results that I thought I'd share it for you guys to use.

This spread is most ideally used in relation to someone whose meeting you feel is/was terribly uncanny. Generally like all profound meetings, they eventually come to an end, and more often than not you find the person has all but disappeared into thin air afterwards. Will you meet again? Would it even be a good idea to meet again? That was the question this spread ultimately set out to shed some light on.

•1•••••2•
••••3••••
••••4••••
••••5••••
••••6••••
••••7••••
•8•••••9•
•••10•••
(optional draws for clarification for 10 if needed– I tend to do an additional three cards with a final card for this, but personal preference reigns)

1. Where you were at mentally prior to meeting
2. Where they were at mentally prior to meeting

3. the underlying reasons behind meeting
4. the nature of the relationship
5. the good/positive things about the relationship
6. the bad/negative things about the relationship (this card, for me, was rather surprising)
7. the culmination/result of ultimately meeting

8. your feelings at parting
9. their feelings at parting

10. the possibility/consequence of meeting again. (this one has two possible indications, but I feel the best thing to take away from the card coming to this place is a fusion of both what is indicated by the likelihood of meeting again and also the consequences as being one and the same)

As noted, additional cards for clarification on 10 can also be drawn afterwards. I tend to draw in sets of three, plus one.

The shape is something like that of a bridge- you both arrive separately at the entrance until you have to cross the bridge together. Upon reaching the other side of your time together, you part ways. 10 would be the chance/consequences of crossing paths once again, with clarification cards (if you decide to do them) acting as a path showing where such chances could lead.

I had very fascinating results for this spread, so I hope you guys might find it useful as well. :)

-K

moon22

What an insightful spread, Kagami! I liked your description of the shape, too - the bridge and the 10 standing out of the bridge, contemplative of the whole scenario, deciding whether another meeting would be essential or not. I love it!