How to made specific descriptions on a spread ?

paulo32

Hello

I wonder how do you find specific descriptions about one subject on a spread.
On a spread we go for general to particular things and subjects, so how to find them ?

Bye
Paulo

firemaiden

I'm moving this to the Spreads Forum, as it will get more responses there.

Thirteen

Originally posted by paulo32 I wonder how do you find specific descriptions about one subject on a spread.
On a spread we go for general to particular things and subjects, so how to find them ?

I'm not quite sure I understand you on this one, Paulo. Descriptions on what subject? Give me a specific example. And what do you mean "we go for general to particular things"? How so? Again, give me an example.

HudsonGray

Are you looking for sites that show a lot of different spreads for different subjects perhaps?

Elle

Paulo,

Do you mean how do we find money and health issues (pentacles); love and spirituality issues (cups); intellect and mental strain (swords); and motivation, action, and conflict (wands) in a spread?

Each position in a spread represents an aspect. Whatever you name the position, let's say. The card that is placed in that position is read to answer that specific question for that position.

So if the position question is: What are the feelings so and so has for me? And you draw the 8 of cups...well, so and so may need to take a little walk for a while to think it over...

Warmest,

Elle

paulo32

Hello Thirteen, HudsonGray, Elle

What i pretend to say is : imagine that you have a job,and you want to find more about your job, then in your job you have your boss, and you want to know more things about your boss: if he is a nice person, etc etc and so on ,and so on.
So you part from a general subject like your job and you go find specific things in connection with your job.

I know that we should took extra cards,to find the particular situations, so how you do it ?

Thanks
Paulo

HudsonGray

Oh!

Ok, that might be two separate readings, or you can do them in one if you're not getting too complex. You'll need to make your own spread with the positions covering what you need to know.

I'd do something like:

Card 1 - General info about my job/the job
Card 2 - problems associated with the job I need to know about
Card 3 - what is the best way to deal with the major problem
Card 4 - general card about the boss
Card 5 - extra info about the boss you need to be aware of
Card 6 - best way to deal with the boss from your position
Card 7 - General advice about the job that can benefit you

Then if anything presented itself strongly that you need more info about, you do a second reading with that as the subject.

Always look for a 'general' focus on something, a card for 'advice' on how to deal with it, another on 'warnings about the problem' that you'd need to know. A general outcome card can be put down at the end, but with something broad range it may not cover everything. You can narrow things down to the type of work, the employees you need to interact with, to how your feelings about the job will change in the first few months, to whatever.

paulo32

Thanks HudsonGray

For your answer.Does anny one have more sugestions ?

bye
paulo

dadsnook2000

For HudsonGray

That was a nice, logical and concise answer/example to a very sincere question. I wish we all posted replys like that. Dave.