tarot apps - what is your favourite/least preferred and why

Aivli

Has anyone tried the PicTarot app for iPhone?

Hello,

Well I don't have that particular app, but I have several others. I most recently acquired the Ator Tarot app. But, I did go and check it out. I like the funny little one-eyed creature, and I think I will try the free version. I don't know anything about Aleister Crowley except that his system differs from the Rider-Waite-Smith (which I am more familiar with).

If you like tarot apps, I highly recommend Fool's Dog apps. They are top notch in functionality and user interface!

daphne

Do you know any Thoth app?

daphne

Hi Daphne,

The one mentioned above by Mrpants, PicTarot app, seems to be Thoth based, I think.

It is. But not with the Thoth cards...I was looking for an app with Thoth...it seems it does not yet exist.

daphne

And which apps allows you to choose your own cards, face up?

Like reconstructing a spread you already done with real cards and you want to keep and analyse later?

JasonLion

All of the apps/decks from The Fool's Dog allow you to enter spreads that you have done outside the app. You need to set "Draw cards from:" to "List of cards", either at the bottom of the new reading page or on the settings page.

The Rosetta Tarot is not exactly the same as the Thoth deck, but it is very heavily influenced by the Thoth deck.

Aivli

Yes! Fool's Dog apps are my favorite!! They really can't be beat in functionality, design and user interface, or quality and price! There are more than enough options and settings for selecting and drawing cards (face up or face down). I can design my own spreads, and recreate spreads from readings I've done with physical cards and then save it to my journal along with all my notes and thoughts. Awesome!

daphne

Thank you!!!! I will give it a try!

shadowdancer

Gilded Royale also now available for android :)

Just downloaded it from the google store. The images are amazingly clear. Also downloaded the Lenormand Reverie which is also available.

Looks like 4 of Ciro's decks are now there for both android and ipad. I am sure they will prove popular.