I don't understand the hidden influences/circumstances postition

empress's dress

Hi!

I don't understand what exactly hidden influences in a spread is all about. Can someone please explain? Hidden from the querent? the situation? is it an alternative possible outcome? what is it? Can it be all of the above? Is it supposed to be vague and open-ended?

I hope I am posting this in the right place.

Thank you.

CrystalSeas

I usually read the "hidden influences" position as forces acting on the situation that the querent isn't aware of.

It may be an undisclosed medical condition. It might be a relationship s/he hasn't been told about. It might be corporate budget decisions that haven't yet been announced.

In some readings, it's unconscious motivations of the querent themselves

empress's dress

I usually read the "hidden influences" position as forces acting on the situation that the querent isn't aware of.

It may be an undisclosed medical condition. It might be a relationship s/he hasn't been told about. It might be corporate budget decisions that haven't yet been announced.

In some readings, it's unconscious motivations of the querent themselves

CrystalSeas! Thank you for reply! Got it. :)

danieljuk

I think also the hidden influences can be things you just are not seeing as an option, "this is going on but you haven't really realised". There is many different positions to the CC, a few years ago there was a thread with everyone's personal version of it here. You don't have to use that position if you feel it doesn't fit with the flow of your reading :)

Metafizzypop

I think that the hidden factors position can sometimes refer to a situation where someone is not being honest. Like if someone is trying to sell you a car, but the engine has a major problem, and they don't tell you. That's the hidden factor. So you might get the Magician reversed, or the Chariot reversed, or the 10 of Swords.