Lenormand: What Difficulties Do YOU experience?

"Lenormand: What Difficulties Do YOU Most Experience As A Learner".

• Understanding one system or any for that matter.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Certain cards when in a combo or spread. E.g. Sun/Cross.

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • How to answer a question whether specific or general.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • I find it tricky reading them in pairs, threes, or more than 5.

• I cannot get my head around certain cards. E.g. Coffin.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I find it hard to read when a card like Tree/Heart/Fish turns up for a question like Job.

• I do not know when I am the "Man"/"Woman"...or not.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I do not understand the basics.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find it confusing as one source says this and another that.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other: State Reasons In Comments.

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barleywine

For the 4 x 9 I do not read the corners, but for the 8 x 4 plus 4 I do. Feels like I am doing math! :D So,with the 8 x 4 I read "1, 8, 25, and 32".

I am sure others have their own ways of doing GTs, so it would be interesting to see who uses corners or not etc.

DND :)

Since I consider the last four cards (33 through 36) to be a "stand-alone" part of the reading, I also read the corners as 1, 8, 25 and 32. To me they seem kind of like "stakes in the ground" that show the broad outlines of the reading, similar to surveyor's stakes that mark property boundaries. But I don't give them quite as much weight as I do the first three cards, and certainly not as much as the cards in the "near/far" complex(es).

The same question comes up with mirroring; I don't recall exactly, but it seems to me you aren't supposed to "mirror" to the last four cards in an 8x8+4 array. On the other hand, I do knight to those cards.

Sharla

I'm with the poster w ho mentioned about endless possible combination meanings and not knowing till after theyve manifested what they actually were .....but this would be going against what fortune telling is about 'knowing things before'....so then what's the point.

BUT I'm now under the impression that intuition has a big say in this...so the meaning is usually the 1st one that comes to your head and if you start pondering too long, thinking no it can't be that it must be this etc....then you get confused and are usually then wrong.

Other night I asked why an ambulance had pulled up at my neighbors door, I got....sun + tower + cross.

Seeing tower + cross I knew instantly it was a hospital Job. ..but sun I was confused with.

Well next day I spoke to her to make sure everything's okay as she's pregnant, she said the ambulance came for her "son" and took him to hospital to get checked as he'd had an allergic reaction to penicillin.

So the Sun was infact her Son.....how amazing is that but I would never have guessed especially using traditional meanings.

Village Witch

I rarely do an 8 x 4 x 4 GT, but when I do, I read 1, 8, 25, and 32 as the corners. When laying a 9 x 4, I read 1, 9, 28, and 36.

I rarely read the last four as my experience has been that they didn't make any sense when it came to the overall reading or advice. I need to try again. I'm a newbie.

I read several places to read the corners in opposites, such as 1 & 25 and 8 & 32 in the 8 x 4. I recently read to read them in order as 1, 8, 25, and 32. I find I like reading them in order.

celticnoodle

I'm with the poster w ho mentioned about endless possible combination meanings and not knowing till after theyve manifested what they actually were .....but this would be going against what fortune telling is about 'knowing things before'....so then what's the point.

BUT I'm now under the impression that intuition has a big say in this...so the meaning is usually the 1st one that comes to your head and if you start pondering too long, thinking no it can't be that it must be this etc....then you get confused and are usually then wrong.

Other night I asked why an ambulance had pulled up at my neighbors door, I got....sun + tower + cross.

Seeing tower + cross I knew instantly it was a hospital Job. ..but sun I was confused with.

Well next day I spoke to her to make sure everything's okay as she's pregnant, she said the ambulance came for her "son" and took him to hospital to get checked as he'd had an allergic reaction to penicillin.

So the Sun was infact her Son.....how amazing is that but I would never have guessed especially using traditional meanings.

wow! that was a right on reading! :thumbsup:

I rarely do an 8 x 4 x 4 GT, but when I do, I read 1, 8, 25, and 32 as the corners. When laying a 9 x 4, I read 1, 9, 28, and 36.

I rarely read the last four as my experience has been that they didn't make any sense when it came to the overall reading or advice. I need to try again. I'm a newbie.

I read several places to read the corners in opposites, such as 1 & 25 and 8 & 32 in the 8 x 4. I recently read to read them in order as 1, 8, 25, and 32. I find I like reading them in order.

I have also seen somewhere online where they recommend you read them as 1 & 8 together and then 25 and 32 together.

When I first began to read Lennies, I was reading each of the corner cards in their house placement and then putting that together. So, for instance if flowers was in the first house, I'd see it as a happy message coming in and the bear was in the 8th house, Id see it as good news coming about a job ending--something of the nature. I'd also just read the flowers and bear card together, something that is strong and happy coming about.

DownUnderNZer

The last 4 cards I change depending on the reading as in sometimes it could be an extra added message/insight, something happening in the near future, and/or an overall outcome etc.

I have only been doing the 8 x 4 x 4 for the passed few years and that way of reading was given to me from someone on another website to try out - so I gave it a go and liked it! :heart:

I like the "core" parts to it.

Since I consider the last four cards (33 through 36) to be a "stand-alone" part of the reading, I also read the corners as 1, 8, 25 and 32. To me they seem kind of like "stakes in the ground" that show the broad outlines of the reading, similar to surveyor's stakes that mark property boundaries. But I don't give them quite as much weight as I do the first three cards, and certainly not as much as the cards in the "near/far" complex(es).

The same question comes up with mirroring; I don't recall exactly, but it seems to me you aren't supposed to "mirror" to the last four cards in an 8x8+4 array. On the other hand, I do knight to those cards.

DownUnderNZer

If you were looking at genders in pregnancies "SUN" would be "male child".

Sharla

If you were looking at genders in pregnancies "SUN" would be "male child".

Well this is where Lenormand can get confusing, as i would have viewed the "Sun" tarot card as a male child, because of the naked little boy riding the white pony in the R.Waite deck.

But the Lenormand "Sun" i've never associated with Male energy, or even children for that matter, the card "child" has been children for me.

Looking at these cards again Sun + tower + cross i think sun may have been that he felt warm as his temperature had rose.....the (tower) could even be the rise in (sun)temperature that had him get taken to hospital (tower + cross)

DownUnderNZer

I see "Sun" as a "masculine card" and did use it as such when a friend of my sister's was told she could not have kids. I told her "a little boy" and about 1 year or so after that she fell pregnant and had a boy in October/November. About 3 years ago now.

It depends on how you view a card as in is it "masculine" or "feminine" - just like "Owls" would be more than one child or even twins.

I do see how SUN in Tarot would be that way, but for me it came down to what came after the CHILD card and it was the SUN.

So, "masculine" and therefore "male" or at least a "strong possibility".

Well this is where Lenormand can get confusing, as i would have viewed the "Sun" tarot card as a male child, because of the naked little boy riding the white pony in the R.Waite deck.

But the Lenormand "Sun" i've never associated with Male energy, or even children for that matter, the card "child" has been children for me.

Looking at these cards again Sun + tower + cross i think sun may have been that he felt warm as his temperature had rose.....the (tower) could even be the rise in (sun)temperature that had him get taken to hospital (tower + cross)

Sharla

I see "Sun" as a "masculine card" and did use it as such when a friend of my sister's was told she could not have kids. I told her "a little boy" and about 1 year or so after that she fell pregnant and had a boy in October/November. About 3 years ago now.

It depends on how you view a card as in is it "masculine" or "feminine" - just like "Owls" would be more than one child or even twins.

I do see how SUN in Tarot would be that way, but for me it came down to what came after the CHILD card and it was the SUN.

So, "masculine" and therefore "male" or at least a "strong possibility".

Yes i'll bear this in mind DND thanks :)

Keeping to the same theme of Tarot confusingly being entwined with lenormand in some cards...i.e "Sun" and also "Moon" is another one.

Well i'm not sure if this is because i also read PC's, but i'm finding ....especially with the (bouquet) and (child) cards, that its the court card insert, that is coming into play and not the card image itself.

Child (jack :spade:) almost always comes out as bad news or as negative thinking, and bouquet is never anything pleasant, its always once again the court card (queen :spade:)

So now im thinking thats why my readings with lenormand have never made any sense...hence pushing them to one side until recently. Because it wasn't the picture talking to me it was the PC insert.

But then most of the PC inserts, mean totally different things to the card image itself....so i really don't know. Maybe its about blending the two, like taking bits from here and there.

I'm just going to experiment with them for the next few weeks.

DownUnderNZer

I have never used the card inserts as I was not taught with them. Also, "playing cards" was what I use to read for years before the Lenormand and later Tarot, so I think I would see the inserts differently based on what I learnt before the Lenormand.

Like the "Queen of Spades" I see as a "vindictive woman" and guess what? The Bouquet is everything but a "vindictive fork tongued woman" whereas "Snake" is more like that.

And that is WHY I do not pay attention to the INSERTS because the playing cards was my first tool and the BOUQUET is nothing like the QUEEN OF SPADES.

As for THREE JACKS - An affair or triangle. So, I feel there has to be a "combination" sometimes too. The Jack of Spades is more like "an immature trouble making male" under the age of 25. Again....nothing like the CHILD except for the "immature" part.

That is my thoughts on the inserts and why I choose not to use them, but never know.

Yes i'll bear this in mind DND thanks :)

Keeping to the same theme of Tarot confusingly being entwined with lenormand in some cards...i.e "Sun" and also "Moon" is another one.

Well i'm not sure if this is because i also read PC's, but i'm finding ....especially with the (bouquet) and (child) cards, that its the court card insert, that is coming into play and not the card image itself.

Child (jack :spade:) almost always comes out as bad news or as negative thinking, and bouquet is never anything pleasant, its always once again the court card (queen :spade:)

So now im thinking thats why my readings with lenormand have never made any sense...hence pushing them to one side until recently. Because it wasn't the picture talking to me it was the PC insert.

But then most of the PC inserts, mean totally different things to the card image itself....so i really don't know. Maybe its about blending the two, like taking bits from here and there.

I'm just going to experiment with them for the next few weeks.