Rider in Spanish

starchild

hello, i have done a google search on my question but havent found any answers. maybe you guys will know.
i'm wondering when the first waite decks came out in spanish. My friend recently bought a AGM spanish deck and the question of the translasion came up.
thank you x

starchild

do you think i should post this question on another board? maybe on talking tarot or the decks forum?
thank you x

gregory

I would think it was fine here.

The ISBN from the USG site suggests they put it out in 1998 - and they have strenuously defended their copyright on it since 1971. I can't find anywhere suggesting earlier. Does she have an ISBN ?

AGM did print several of USG's editions.

starchild

thanks Gregory for your reply, no i dont have an ibsn for the deck as my friend is away now.
so the Spanish agm decks may have come out in 1998? or have i misunderstood. thank you.

Abrac

Kaplan's Encyclopedia of Tarot, Vol. 4, acknowledges several non-English editions (including Spanish) but doesn't give publication dates. Vol. 3 says French and German editions were issued around 1984. That might be a good date to use as a working hypothesis for the Spanish.

What exactly do you mean by a question of the translation?

Abrac

Actually I think it's possible 1998 may be it. Kaplan's Vol. 3 which first came out in 1990 makes no mention of a Spanish language edition, though it mentions the German and French; but in Vol. 4 (2005) it does. I thought there would've been a Spanish edition a long time before that but maybe not. :)

starchild

hi, thanks again for your replies, so 1998 maybe the time of the spanish editions then.
Greg, when i mean translation, i mean that the cards came out translated into spanish.

gregory

hi, thanks again for your replies, so 1998 maybe the time of the spanish editions then.
Greg, when i mean translation, i mean that the cards came out translated into spanish.
Yes, I know. And it was USG who put out all the other language versions - so their dating should hold up.

starchild

thanks Greg, your a star....