Coming Love Interest Spread

PentQueen

You know berrieh, I thought the same thing too, when I did mine. It sounded like a mixture of the only two guys I've been with. It was very strange, and I kinda felt like the answers might not be much to go on, becuase of this.

And to be honest, this spread's outcome made me question my philosophy on the cards as well. I'm currently focused on exlploring how I feel the cards are "working". When I started learning about Tarot, I strongly believed in predetermined fate. Now I really wonder if the Tarot simply works as the law of attraction does, and whatever you're consiously or uncouciously thinking is what shows up in the cards.

So with this spread, we're thinking about our past loves, what went right, what went wrong, what we'd like to keep, what we'd like to change, and guess what shows up? A resemblance of our past love(s). I dunno, maybe this is common sense, or perhaps this topic needs to be started in another thread--lol.

berrieh

PentQueen, I think that could make sense, but mine would have to be very subconscious. I hadn't asked my cards a question about K since at least May. This particular ex and I broke up 8 months ago, and I've dated several others since; and I hadn't spoken to him since September. No real reason, just hadn't, and had no reason to expect to speak to him. And I'd laid the spread and gotten to The Moon card (the 11th) by the time he called, and I'd already thought, "Gosh, this sounds like K." At any rate, it was very strange.

I think your LoA idea has some merit---the idea that the cards tell the future based on the workings of the LoA makes sense, as they are both fluid, adaptable, and malleable in a manner. I've personally never believed in pre-determined fate, and I've never seen the Tarot to reflect that except in a very few cards. I've always thought free will had its place in Tarot. If the Tarot was just reading the 'Universal System of Happenings' -- whether it's fate or the LoA or a combination thereof or something wholly different -- that would make sense to me.

GoddessArtemis

Every time I've tried this spread, all the cards come up as reflecting my ex. One day, I had a friend pull out 4 cards, asking about my coming NEXT love interest. After she placed a few random cards down, she looked at them and said, "Um, why does this look like it's your ex?!?"

So...I'm not sure if it's even possible to predict a coming love interest. For some reason, the cards seem focused on who's been, not who will be. But at least I get a good laugh each time the spread points me in the direction of my ex...and believe me, that's a bad, bad idea! :laugh:

GA

ladyprow

Me too!

I got my ex as well...though he occupies a lot of my brain space, generally (sad, I know). So I can't say I'm surprised. ;)

Although it's kind of funny...last year, when I did this spread, (we had broken up) it indicated him, and he DID come back (then we broke up again~ it's always a timing thing with us)...and now this year, when I did this spread to hopefully find someone more exciting, I got him again! :bugeyed:

So I don't pretend to understand; I'm just going to let life happen as it will and resign myself to not-knowing who my "coming love interest" will be... I figure I'll find out once he finally gets his cute butt moving my way!

But fun spread, at any rate. :) Thanks for sharing!

~lp

LovelyMissAries

Position 6?

For position 6, what they will think of me the first time they meet me I drew 3 of Swords. GREAT. Does that mean he'll think I'm a heartbreaker? Or does it mean there will be 0 attraction..?

Cactus Dahlia

Starlight09 said:
For position 6, what they will think of me the first time they meet me I drew 3 of Swords. GREAT. Does that mean he'll think I'm a heartbreaker? Or does it mean there will be 0 attraction..?

May be it means he will think 'she could break my heart', in that he likes you so much it will leave him feeling vulnerable. Or may be he will feel heartbroken as he sees you as the person for him but circumstances won't allow you to get together.

I guess it would depend on the surrounding cards. Or you could draw more cards to explain it.

Anyway, just another take on it.

Martina

Its a good spread, however I would put down two more cards-- one for a general time frame, and one for your next step/advice you need to know.

Sheri

Moderator Note

Hi everyone,

Several readings have had to be removed from this thread. Please do NOT post readings here in the Tarot Spreads forum. Readings should be posted in the Your Readings or Personal Readings forums (following those forums' respective guidelines) which can be linked to here for discussion and sharing purposes.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and understanding,
Sheri; moderator Tarot Spreads

214red

but sometimes we need to use part of the reading to illistrate our point about the spread, its about understanding the spread and getting clarification on positions from the creator of the spread.

perhaps we can have a bit more flexibility?

yukinkoicy

I absolutely can't wait to try this spread out for one of my friends! (seeing as I am currently in a relationship and very happy with it for the most part. ^_^) Especially since in a spread he got it mentioned a possible relationship, hehehe. ^_^