Quad Spread for Polyamorous Relationships (11)

Tarot Orat

A quad is a relationship between four people, where everyone knows about everyone else and no one is cheating or going behind someone's back. This spread deals with the relationships of each partner to the other three, as well as the relationship as a whole. It can be used for any kind of quad - open, closed, or semi-open.

1 = Person A, the querent of subject of the reading
2 = Person B
3 = Person C
4 = Person D
5 = Relationship between A and B
6 = Relationship between A and C
7 = Relationship between A and D
8 = Relationship between B and C
9 = Relationship between C and D
10 = Relationship between B and D
11 = The relationship as a whole

Clovergirl

I am new here, so forgive me if I am asking something that should be apparent.

With the four people - A is determined. How would B,C,D be determined?
By focusing on the person when drawing or by the card itself - looking at it to see who fits?

Thank you.

Tarot Orat

I am new here, so forgive me if I am asking something that should be apparent.

With the four people - A is determined. How would B,C,D be determined?
By focusing on the person when drawing or by the card itself - looking at it to see who fits?

Thank you.

I think it would depend on whether one's doing hierarchical poly or not. In the case of a hierarchy, I think B would be the primary, and C/D would be secondaries. Another way of doing it might be when you became involved with each partner - that's how I do it; B is the longest-standing relationship, D is the most recent.

However, I think both of your ideas are great! I usually have a person in mind when I draw the card, but looking at the card after drawing it to see who "fits" is an interesting way of doing it too.

PapaWolfie

Love It!

I just wanted to say that I love this spread! I'm not currently in a quad, but am in an open relationship. So this spread is awesome! :D

I'm kind of wondering if the spread could be modified to fit other relationships. For example, if you had fewer or more than 4 people, could cards be taken away and added?

Tarot Orat

I just wanted to say that I love this spread! I'm not currently in a quad, but am in an open relationship. So this spread is awesome! :D

I'm kind of wondering if the spread could be modified to fit other relationships. For example, if you had fewer or more than 4 people, could cards be taken away and added?

I'm glad you like it! I have a triad spread also:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=215864

It was difficult to get all the interrelationship cards into the quad spread, in terms of a layout, but I'm sure there's a way to do spreads for 5+ person relationships. (It might have to have little sub-spreads inside it.) It's an interesting challenge, I'll try creating a quint spread next!

PapaWolfie

I'm glad you like it! I have a triad spread also:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=215864

It was difficult to get all the interrelationship cards into the quad spread, in terms of a layout, but I'm sure there's a way to do spreads for 5+ person relationships. (It might have to have little sub-spreads inside it.) It's an interesting challenge, I'll try creating a quint spread next!

Thanks! The quint spread sounds interesting! I hope to see it soon. :)

RainbowRaven

I love this! I am polyamorous as well and wish I could save this and your triad spread into a little box of favorite spread threads. Thank you!

Tarot Orat

I love this! I am polyamorous as well and wish I could save this and your triad spread into a little box of favorite spread threads. Thank you!

Thank you! :) I could never find poly spreads on AT when I searched, so I figured I'd create my own. I'm glad people are finding them useful :)