Spread for the Cat's Eye Tarot deck...

catdoc

Metafizzypop said:
Whatever else is in the spread, it definitely needs one card as The Litter Box. It would represent all the things that a person needs to ::ahem:: eliminate from one's life...........

excellent point :)

which makes me think of using the important cat resources - food , water , scratch post, napping spots, sleeping spots, meaningful work/play, friends and family and of course litterpan as spread positions with the appropriate associated meanings...

that's what I like about brainstorming it brings out ideas that would not otherwise surface.
Deb

quintessence

An Homage to Bast, Cat Goddess of Egypt

This is the journey of a cat up through the Temple of Bast in the ancient city of Bastis. She has come to present herself to the Goddess, reveal her strengths and talents on the altar, and be rewarded by being placed in a basket carried by a priestess who will feed her and attend to her needs.

*4* *5*
*3*
*2*
*1*

1. At the steps to the Temple, what obstacles must I overcome?
2. Under the portico, who or what is protecting me?
3. Along the aisles through the small grove of trees, how do I prepare?
4. On the altar of Bast, what strength or talent do I have to show Bast?
5. In the basket of the priestess, what will be my reward?

(In the layout, cards 1 through 4 go on a diagonal line up to the right, not straight up, but I couldn't figure out how to post it that way.)

Zelmira

Love this spread! I will use it with other tarots too. Thanks for sharing. Blessing,
Zelmira

catdoc

Homage to Bast - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I also like this spread. Quintessence, did you design it?

Aulruna

I'm also among the ones awaiting the conclusion of this deck!

And I liked the spreads I've seen so far. I will definitely try the Bast spread.

I was thinking along the lines of the old proverb: "A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

where you could pull 3 cards for what is coming easily to you, 3 cards for what you yet need to learn/experience and take risks for and 3 cards for what you can build from it (or a similar variation of playing, straying, staying and their degrees of permanence).

catdoc

Aulruna said:
I was thinking along the lines of the old proverb: "A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

where you could pull 3 cards for what is coming easily to you, 3 cards for what you yet need to learn/experience and take risks for and 3 cards for what you can build from it (or a similar variation of playing, straying, staying and their degrees of permanence).

I bet Lynn would love this idea. Including the proverb adds a nice dimension to the idea of a nine card , nine lives, cat theme spread.

I am enjoying all of these ideas. I am glad Lynn suggested having a special spread to go in the LWB.
Deb

quintessence

catdoc said:
I also like this spread. Quintessence, did you design it?
Yes, I did! When reading the novel, Hand of Isis, there was a description of the city of Bastis and the Temple to Bast. (It's a really great book about Cleopatra and her hand maidens.) The temple is the only one in the ancient world that had a grove of trees in the middle. It's in ruins now, grove long gone, but still I felt that it should be remembered for having given so much honor to cats. Since you are doing the same with your deck, I thought it appropriate to link the two by a special spread, and this one came to me all at once in a sort of video in my mind. I could see a cat approaching the steps and the first position question came to mind, and I just followed the cat through to the basket of the priestess with the other questions coming at each position.
I loved it immediately, but played with it a few times to see if it would work well with the cards before I sent it off to you. I'm so glad you and others also like it; it's nice to think that ancient history may be preserved through these means.
Q

Zelmira

Just bumping this thread. The deck is about to be out for sale. Blessings,
Zelmira

Madelyn

I know this thread is a bit dead, but I am a proud owner of it. I love this deck! Its a bit hard to interpret for others, so I'm thinking on making it my first "personal spreads only" deck for myself.