Taking the reversal plunge, with a vengence

karlwb

Two years into my “apprenticeship”, I decided to introduce reversals into my readings.

I have tried reversals before but found the upsidedown images confusing and disconcerting. At the same time, I felt I was missing out on something by not incorporating reversals in my readings. In lieu of using reversals, I noted reversal information, and would apply it to readings if it seemed to fit. It was up to me to make that determination and wasn’t sure if I cared for the ambiguity.

That being said, I did my usual Sunday morning reading, a general, no-questions-asked, talk to me spread simply based on the CC without the staff.

Cover - Lovers
Crossing - Tower
Beneath You - Queen of Swords
Behind You - Temperance
Above You - The Magician
Before You - Justice

All reversed! (Even the Tower, though traditionally the crossing card is not read as reversed)

I’ve heard of some readers flipping the cards upright in these cases. I feel this is what the cards gave me, for better or worse. Even if upright, I would still look at this reading with a sense of aversion.

While I do my homework to compile and decipher the reversal information, the first for these cards since I started doing so, perhaps I could get your collective thoughts.

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi Karlwb,

Could you please add your interpretation, making sure that you include all of the cards?

From the Posting Rules (click):
  • You must interpret all of the cards - please make it obvious, no 'overview' interpretation.
  • You must leave feedback (comments about the interpretations you’ve been given) for each person who has replied in your thread. Thank you notes and updates are not considered to be feedback; remember that the people who are replying to your thread are learning too and they learn from feedback.

Could other posters please wait till Karlwb has added his interpretations?

Thanks.

Sulis - moderator