It's the all singing, all dancing enabling Thread #4

rwcarter

Solandia likes us to keep threads below 1000 posts and the old enabling thread has passed that mark, so here's a nice new one.

The old thread can be found here: http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=143323

The whole Tarot Decks forum is enabling, but in this thread people are encouraged to enable others on specific decks that already exist.

Please limit your enabling request(s) to a short list of decks. Enabling requests that are directed at a company are not allowed in this thread. Please include the title of the deck you're enabling within the body of your post and/or the title of the post.

As before, please stick to enabling. This is NOT the place to discuss decks you don't like. Posts in this thread that are NOT enabling will be removed.

Thanks

Sulis and rwcarter - Tarot Decks co-moderators

Chronata

Darkana

Oh! I am so glad this is here!

I keep talking myself out of the Darkana deck..now that there's a spiffy new one in the works (in limited color) I can't decide if I should just go ahead and get one or not...

please tell me all the virtues of the old one...please?

BeyondtheVeil

Chronata

Oh! I am so glad this is here!

I keep talking myself out of the Darkana deck..now that there's a spiffy new one in the works (in limited color) I can't decide if I should just go ahead and get one or not...

please tell me all the virtues of the old one...please?

I have no idea about the deck, but definitely think you should buy it. :D Chronata needs a treat!! :heart: You want this deck.... buy the deck.... :D Darkana deck is calling.... "Chronata... buy me! Make me your own! " :)

Did that help any? :D lol

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

nisaba

So, somebody give me a *real* reason for buying the Classic Tarot.

And the Black Tarot - does anyone have anything good to say about it?

Holly doll

The Illuminati is calling me; should I pick up the phone...?

Irischacha

Tyldwick

The tyldwick is so expensive but so beautiful. Worth $100?

TheStarsAndTheMoon

I have the black tarot. I'm such a royo fan. I really love the artwork and its a good deck for exploring the darker aspects of things or shadow work (if one does such work). It also fantastic to have if you like collecting royo's work like I do.

Rhapsodin

I have the black tarot. I'm such a royo fan. I really love the artwork and its a good deck for exploring the darker aspects of things or shadow work (if one does such work). It also fantastic to have if you like collecting royo's work like I do.

I have a set of his Trading Cards done on "chrome". I'd buy this deck if it was also on chrome. A pity that more artists haven't explored the possibility of this medium.

FLizarraga

The tyldwick is so expensive but so beautiful. Worth $100?

I'll post exactly what I did in the de-enabling thread. You'll see why.

"This one is tough. Everything that has been said here about it is true. It is still probably THE most beautiful deck I have ever seen. It is magnificent.

Now, there is the matter of readability. I wouldn't say that the Tyldwick is an unreadable deck, not exactly. It's just... distant, remote, reticent. It's hard to get a word out of it. I have managed to squeeze some good readings out of it, but NEVER a straight answer. The AT friend I got it from says she had the exact same problem, and that's why she sold it in the end.

It's like having a shellshocked Siamese cat. You adore her, you feed her, you watch her slink regally from one room to another. She may even allow you to pet her, after a few years. But she will never purr under your hand, or even cuddle next to you of her own accord.

And there's the matter of the pain. The house might be empty and neglected, but it's haunted. People have died there, and they died terrible deaths. Nothing as crass as murder, of course, although at least one of them committed suicide. They simply... died of suffering. That suffering pervades those lovely, crumbling walls. It will seep through your fingertips, and make you want to touch those beautiful cards less and less.

If that sounds like something you can live with, then by all means, get it --or wait till I or some other member passes it on, like the Bottle Imp. Otherwise. Stay. The. Hell. Away."

After all is said and done, however, I still have mine, and have NO intention of unloading it. I doubt I ever will... ;)