Tarot Beyond the Basics by Anthony Louis

greatdane

thanks for sharing the link, Ana Luisa!

His book is the one I started with and the only one I refer to occasionally now. I love it. I did not know about this other one, but will check it out!

ana luisa

His book is the one I started with and the only one I refer to occasionally now. I love it. I did not know about this other one, but will check it out!

Hi, greatdane!!! I got your message, thank you !! :thumbsup: I will have to hold my shopping urges for a while: this month has been really tight. This book won't hurt as much though because it's only out in April :D

rwcarter

I didn't know he had a new book coming out either. Love TP&S, so would have no problem pre-ordering this one sight unseen. Thanks for the heads up ana luisa!

Rodney

RunningWild

I've been waiting to hear from those with more experience than me about this book. I picked it up a few weeks back and have been very slowly reading sections of it when I get a free moment. So far the section on Astrology has helped me understand a few things I couldn't seem to grasp before. That's as far as I am in the book. That's how slowly I've been reading it. LOL

ana luisa

I've been waiting to hear from those with more experience than me about this book. I picked it up a few weeks back and have been very slowly reading sections of it when I get a free moment. So far the section on Astrology has helped me understand a few things I couldn't seem to grasp before. That's as far as I am in the book. That's how slowly I've been reading it. LOL

Don't feel bad. I have also been reading it quite slowly :D I guess it's a slow read kind of book. Especially because I have absolutely NO previous knowledge of astrology, ruling planets, the whole lot. I like his prose and he his reading samples have been quite helpful. It is MUCH denser than Tarot Plain and Simple but that was to be expected from the title !!! :D

3ill.yazi

Took a look at it in the bookstore today. Looks good. Will have to save up some $ for it. My one complaint is, all these new tarot books are huge trade paperbacks: you need a school bag to carry them around, lol.

RunningWild

Took a look at it in the bookstore today. Looks good. Will have to save up some $ for it. My one complaint is, all these new tarot books are huge trade paperbacks: you need a school bag to carry them around, lol.

True enough, but sometimes getting books on your Kindle or whatever e-reader you may own isn't good enough, especially if it's used for reference.

Plus I like to make notes in the margins. Yes, I know you can make notes on the other formats but I like the old fashioned way. LOL

3ill.yazi

Lol I wasn't saying I want them as ebooks. I prefer pocket paperbacks. I use my Eden Gray book still because it fits in my pocket.

Dark Victory '39

This is such a good book. My library actually had it, but i ended up buying it. I know Anthony Louis' work, from reading his horary astrology book; i understand natal astrology very well, but found the horary to be over my head, and yet i'm always kind of astonished at how well he can take difficult information and make it really clear; he also doesn't waste alot of time, and i always appreciate the sheer amount of info in his books, and that he cites so many other authors. For the longest time i've wanted to put my years of astrology study to better use w/ tarot and this book made that happen; but i can tell from his writing that i think (or at least i'm pretty sure) that this will be also applicable to the astrologically unenthused.