Anyone like the green Thoth?

Emily

Ahhhh now I got that one covered :D

The green Thoth was the first tarot deck that I made a bag for - I'd never made one before and it took a while to get right but I was pleased with the end result and the Thoth has stayed in it from the start. :)

bladeraven

Emily said:
Ahhhh now I got that one covered :D

The green Thoth was the first tarot deck that I made a bag for - I'd never made one before and it took a while to get right but I was pleased with the end result and the Thoth has stayed in it from the start. :)

Hehehehe..now let's lure the Thoth out...lol...Sometimes when it comes to deck it could be all sorts of factors...not the right time, experience, emotion, hmm...that's all the same thing isn't that ?? lol

Take it very slow.....Treat it like making a new friend...some people you have instant connections, some you have to take time and others, no matter what, you just can't seem to hit it off with.....

Try a one card daily draw with it......if that doesn't work........read about it first...otherwise....maybe just visit with the deck but don't try to read with it....In time you'll find yourself ready to use it...........

For me...I saw it as both meeting people and driving...I'm use to all walks of life and I'm use to drive everything from an itty bitty compact car to a big gas guzzling tank of a SUV...so I just jumped into it.......

There are different ways to warming up to a Tarot deck and biggest key is just don't push yourself...read the threads....chat about it....PM/chat with others who are parents of Thoths and you'll find yourself warming up to it...

If all else fails..take the Thoth out for a romantic dinner of candles, Italian food and a bottle of wine *Shrug*...Lol

Biggest key is that don't feel guilty of not using it right now....Give yourself time so you can build up an appreciation for it, instead of trying to force yourself and end up disliking the cards...worse thing is to get a deck that you want, haven't really warm up to, give it away and several years later when you yourself has had an experience that opens the door to you using the Thoth, regretting not having it...If you find yourself say...give yourself a year, of not using the Thoth or maybe 2 years...then you have to ask yourself the question....were we really meant to be or maybe we're just not right...Hmmm....Maybe I should write a book called How to date Tarot Decks??

*hugs*...Best part is you have this site, myself and everyone else to talk about it..and maybe that's just the key for you...talk with everyone, participate and maybe that will encourage you and your relationship with Thoth.

Emily

Thanks for your words of encouragment Bladeraven :) - I really would like to get to know this deck better. It is visually very different from my other Thoths but at the time I bought it, and looked through it at the shop, it was the only Thoth I'd ever seen and I did like it. The problems started when I'd got it home.

But I think your right, I feel like I've just about cleared the deck of any energy that came with it, negative or otherwise. I'll never know what uses its previous owner had for it and now I need to try and create the bond that I do have with my other decks. Maybe it is time for a little romancing. :D

bladeraven

Emily said:
Thanks for your words of encouragment Bladeraven :) - I really would like to get to know this deck better. It is visually very different from my other Thoths but at the time I bought it, and looked through it at the shop, it was the only Thoth I'd ever seen and I did like it. The problems started when I'd got it home.

But I think your right, I feel like I've just about cleared the deck of any energy that came with it, negative or otherwise. I'll never know what uses its previous owner had for it and now I need to try and create the bond that I do have with my other decks. Maybe it is time for a little romancing. :D

Whenever you have spare time...or bored or can't sleep...take out the deck..shuffle through them...ask yourself ..what sparked you to get them...concentrate on the positive and infuse them with that..*Hugs* I think you'll do great with them...just don't get yourself down if there isn't an immediate connection...sometimes....the best things take time...Kinda like..you can get fast food and the instant gratification or wait for a fine dinner to be cooked and enjoy the result at the end...I think you'll connect with them...*hugs*

Lillie

Yes.

romance it, Emily.

Tell your lovely greenie how much you love it.
Stroke it's edges and shuffle it's cards gently.

I'm sure it will appreciate the attention.

PlatinumDove

I actually love this deck. I've got the green one that I got as a study deck, its box is very battered and held together with scotch tape, and I've got the smaller regular one.

I think the reason why I like it is because its so much larger and you can look at the details so much better.

wizzle

Reading by candlelight

By candlelight the deck is much less green. It sort of mutes to green-gold. Maybe this deck just doesn't like bright light. Under soft lighting it is enchanting and reads impecably.

Emily

I'll have to try candlelight Wizzle, I did notice that when I took it out yesterday it was a dull day and the green was not so in your face - it did look muted but it just gave the impression of having softer paler colours.