21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step ONE

bohemiangelnoire

21 Ways- Step One

Step One- Death- The Mystic Dreamer Tarot

Death sits in a black shroud a top a pile of skulls that rises from a nebula like cloud beneath it. From this pile of bones a single white rose blooms. In the distance to the right, a tree grows, the leaves a golden yellow, gnarled, and looking slightly barren. 7 Ravens or Crows fly above the tree, and behind the birds a new moon hangs in the sky.

Right above the figure of death a woman shrouded in white rises in a wisp of light and smoke of sorts from the pile of skulls. Her face is turned to the sky and her arms stretch out in a flying motion. Directly below her a tree is growing that is full, lush, and green.

Following the "circle" of the image, a child sits to the bottom right of death, dressed in white and seated behind a cut tree stump. She is diminutive in comparison with the other figures in the rest of the image.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the Death Card from The Mystic Dreamer Tarot.

This is the Death Card.

moonlitkim

Step One

Step One - King of Wands - Deviant Moon Tarot

The King of Wands is dressed in brown tattered robes that resemble leaves. He holds a wooden staff, topped with a teardrop amber colored stone. He wears a crown made of wands that are the color and shape of roots or branches. His face appears older, with a hook nose pointed down and a white curly beard and whisps of hair. He is surrounded by three children. One is behind him, hugging him, with a half moon face and similar brown clothing, along with pointy white hair. One is alongside him, holding his hand and looking up at him. This child is wearing a black and white suit, with a tan collar and black hat. The third child is in front of him, holding onto his clothes with 2 of his 8 arms. This child is dressed in brown, with dark skin, and has a tree root/branch growing out of his head. In the background, the cresent moon is to the King's left, with the opening away from him. The sky is dark brown at the top, fading down into a light yellow. There are two barren trees in the distance. The ground at the base of the trees appears dark grey, and the King is standing on a pale grey stone or ground. He appears to be walking to his right.

This is the King of Wands card from the Deviant Moon Tarot.

~MoonlitKim

Canopicdoll

Step one - XI Justice - Legacy of the divine tarot

The card show 2 women standing on both sides of what looks like a scale.They both have one hand on the scale and the scale is in a balanced position. There is also a yin-yang symbol on the scale representing the balance of forces in nature.

The women are both wearing a helmet that covers the eyes and they are facing away from each other. Instead of wearing traditional robes they are dressed in modern v neck dresses.

The woman on the left is wearing a white dress with gold laces. She carries 2 scrolls with red ribbons in her right hand with her left hand on the scale.The woman on the right is dressed in a dark purplish spaghetti strap dress. She has a golden armband in her left hand and carries a sword. Her right hand in on the scale. There are 2 torches emitting an orange light upwards beside them. Also behind them is a large window with repeated star patterns grails.

This is XI, the Justice card from the legacy of the divine tarot.

Jewel

Bumping up thread for new study group memebers!

DreamWalker

Thank you, Jewel!

Hi everyone! :) I chose my cards and my gemini moon stepped right in and I had a really hard time choosing a card... There is one card that I really really like and I really relate to it and i think it could teach me alot...

Inner Child Cards - VII of Swords (not your typical 7 of swords)

The other card I pulled was The Big Bad Wolf.. - The Devil...

haha, I also relate to this card...

I can see where both cards could take me to great places... so I dunno what to do...

Last night I felt the big bad wolf would be a fine card - but it is kind of plain... i know it could take me places... i had hints of that last night... and i've already written about it some...

On the other hand - the 7 of swords was pulled by me 2x today and it just hit me that this card would be a REALLY good one to work with..

so, I just dont know... I'm awful at decisions like this...

what? am i supposed to do? shuffle 2 cards and pull from them? lol

hmmmm

Oh, I have a picture of 7 of swords... and I'll get you one of the big bad wolf tomorrow... by then i will have decided, but for the sake of having pics, im doing it anyways...

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq346/gdprint/VIIofswords.jpg

Looking forward and tomorrow will share my description! :D

squeakmo9

That 7 of swords certainly is different, DreamWalker! I look forward to following your steps, great to have you here:)

Queen of the moon

Queen of the moon (that is me ;) would also love to join this study group :)

There is a card that follows me already for sometime. We see each other faces many times in daily draws or just jumping up while shuffling so I guess she wants to tell me something but I am not sure what so it seams to me the perfect candidate for this study.

Step one- The moon 18- Ridder waite tarot deck

In the card there is a dog and a wolf talking to the moon. Both are separated by a road that comes from the mountains in the background. On both sides of the card you can see two columns similar to those in the card death. The moon is in the upper part of the card and it shows all her possible faces. The sun is also shining behind the moon. In the sky there are little drops (I think they are called jots or something like that (sorry still new in tarotland ;)). In the front side of the card there is a little lake from which a lobster is coming out and starts to walk the road to the mountains. On the shore there are some rocks and some plants that look like shark's fins.

I am holding in my hand the moon, my companion card in this journey.

DreamWalker

Step One - VII of Swords - Inner Child Cards -

A person sits at a desk looking towards a window. I can only see the profile of 'her' face. she sits upon a chair of brown and purple with teal covered dots and a symbol. A bird sits upon the back of the chair looking down. The person rests her head upon her left hand. Her right hand rests upon a piece of paper in which she is holding a small sword - point down. It is held as one would hold a pen and There is writing on this piece of paper. There is a small bottle also sitting on the desk. As well as 3 books, one of which is fallen down and next to it a holder containing 6 mini swords - they have blue handles. There is a chair sitting across from the person. A dog is in the chair with his eyes closed. The walls of the room the person sits in are greyish with purple and blue highlights. The person has orange/red hair and is wearing a green top.

There is a window! Outside the window you can see water, an island, a boat with sail, a castle, trees and green hills! There is blue sky!

I shall journey INTO the VII of Swords - Inner Child Cards

rhombchick

21 ways to read a tarot card

*arrives at the station out of breath and panting but just in time to see that this train has already sailed.....*

never mind...

*decides to go it alone...*

Step One - Gilded Tarot - Nine of Pentacles

The nine of pentacles, to me, is one of the most beautiful cards in this deck.
A lady stands outside in the garden. She is wearing a beautiful blue dress, with gold embroidery on the bottom, a gold ring of dots around her waist and gold rungs around her arms. She has another layer on under the blue one, it is red, also with gold embroidery, I can only see a little bit of this where her dress has lifted up. She wears a gold necklace and gold rings, also some golden headband. There is a long red ribbon in her hair that reaches the ground. She has one arm outstretched and an eagle sitting on her hand, well, a bird that I am assuming is an eagle or maybe a hawk.....She has a bit of a stoic look on her face, very mona lisa-esqu....neither smiling nor frowning, but not neutral either... closer to smiling I guess than nothing at all. There is a white pergola in the background. Three butterflies flutter through this card. One in front of the lady and two up at the top of the pergola. There is a bush in the foreground of this entire scene, there are pretty pink and purple flowers on it, and also, nine pentacles. There is a ladybird crawling on the bush too.....

And I think my allowed five minutes is up! Although I am sure I could go on...

Ambrosia

21 Ways ~ Step one ~ Vanessa Tarot ~ Ten of Wands

A young girl sits studying by the light of a desk lamp. There are piles of books surrounding her.
She looks slightly anxious and overwhelmed at the amount of books she has to get through.
There are several pieces of paper before her and she is holding a pencil or a pen.
The paper is blank at this stage, and several of the books have a bookmark between their pages.