Diary of Broken Soul

Eyebright

Great news that other people will finally be able to behold the wonder of this deck. This deck is so deep, I love it. I'll treasure my copy I got from you Ash <3

Tansey Ella

I got one of the original 78 card decks for Ash. At the time there was no LWB. Just wondering if one has ever been written or is in the works?
TE

strings of life

Tansey Ella, I sent you a PM.

sacredashes, this is such wonderful news and thank you to Schiffer for deciding to publish this deck. I cherish my two copies, especially the trimmed one (Nina* you did a great job).

And Ash, I can't wait to read the companion book.

I'm hoping--really hoping--that they don't print on that coaster-like card stock that makes their decks display pieces as opposed to usable Tarot decks. The Diary deserves so much more than that!

MoonGypsy

This is such fantastic news! i have always wanted one without the notches,
and a companion book or lwb--so i am completely thrilled!

Congrats, Ash! You sooooooo deserve it! :love:

Winterchild

Wonderful news!

Wow! I am lucky enough to own an original but his is great news and I will definitely out it on my must have list...

Congratulations Ash!

sacredashes

The creation process for this deck took 3 years and it has bits of real people who were going through some pretty rough patches. I took their stories and wove it into Jahanam, careful to hide them even when I shared the stories.

When it was completed, I had a dream of being locked up in a tower with a lot of strangers and there were blood stains on the wall. There was no door but there was a stairway along the wall going upwards in a spiral. As we climbed, I thought I saw a small passage way and it had an exit door so I asked the others to follow me but noone did.

I climbed out of the tower alone but the others were stuck inside. That was when I knew I wanted my deck to be something more than just tarot cards. I wanted my deck to build a house of cards, readers can use it meditate as they build. Find the passage way out through readings or some ritual that helps them focus on their inner voice.

I know a lot of people are uncomfortable with the slits and the house of cards feature but it is part of the deck. It allows you to build 3 dimentional spreads and Diane Wilkes has agreed to help me work on these spreads. All other decks out there offer 2 dimentional readings. The Diary offers that as well but if you wish to build just for mindless fun, you may do that as well. My nephews have done that with the deck, just build huge houses for the fun of it and then take it down.

It may come as a disappointment to some of you but when I pitched The Diary to Schiffer, I pitched a feature in tarot that has never been done in the history of tarot creation., Well, not that I am awre of. Please don't ask me to take that out.

I would not be true to my creation if I did that. šŸ˜Š

Ash

MoonGypsy

i hear you deeply in my soul, dear Ash. The slits stay or no go. [a little pun];

i honor that...:love: You must be true to your vision.
the building of the House of Cards feature is a huge part of the Soul of this Creation
So Mote It Be...

sacredashes

Thank you, Moon Gypsy

Another thing I forgot to add, being a Virgo, everything has to be practical as well.

When I did outdoor readings and the wind blew, my cards would fly so I carry tumbled stones as paper weight to hold them down.

With the slits in The Diary, I do regular readings but I use the slits to lock the cards together and they hold each other down so the cards don't fly away. ;)

Penthasilia

Has anyone heard if this has come to pass? The Schiffer publication? I was just hoping since the Star tarot was coming- I could dream twice...