Beautiful Creatures Tarot!

TheStarsAndTheMoon

That's good to know. Perhaps I should be brave and click that pre-order then since I cancel. I'm just worried we won't have the money when the time comes since its been a rough year so far. That's why I was planning to do it when I had the money on hand. Then I could hide it away until December. :p

Eeviee

I already pre-ordered this because I love her art so much. I too am worried that they'll stuff her art onto cards that may not actually mesh well. But I have to have it for the sake of the art itself.

The Happy Squirrel

Ooooo thanks for this! I have her oracle deck. It was my first oracle deck, and sadly realized that oracle is not for me. So I am glad she is painting for a tarot deck! Can't find any images of the cards anywhere though, so too scared to pre-order. I might have to wait for more images to emerge before ordering.

TheStarsAndTheMoon

I already pre-ordered this because I love her art so much. I too am worried that they'll stuff her art onto cards that may not actually mesh well. But I have to have it for the sake of the art itself.

I have a feeling its going to be original artwork. The author for the companion book mentioned that its been a two year project on his site.

That's what happens with Luis Royo's decks, but I collect them just because I have to have his stuff. ^^

cerenatee

Not Original Artwork

According to her website, it's not going to be original artwork. It's her existing paintings that he's going to use, so there is a chance it might not mesh well. Here's her exact quote:

"this deck features 78 of my paintings (they are all existing paintings of mine carefully selected by the author to complement the traditional minor & major arcana) never before published in deck form."

I was going to pre-order but I think I'll wait. It's not going anywhere.

desertrat

That is disappointing, but not surprising. :(

donnalee

I hope this doesn't brand me as evil and mean, but this style of art turns me off completely, so I wouldn't consider buying it. I understand a lot of folks like it, but to me there is a sort of creepiness that is not attractive to me in her work and similar work, and I would feel that even the usually-positive cards would be coloured with that vibe for me and so the readings would be of no use to me since I would resist them on some deep and even shallow levels. Just not my cup of tea--the reason I posted is that the forum said opinions, and didn't seem to say only positive opinions of a deck. Please let me know if it's supposed to be posts only in support of a deck and I can remove this. Thanks.

ravynangel

According to her website, it's not going to be original artwork. It's her existing paintings that he's going to use, so there is a chance it might not mesh well. Here's her exact quote:

"this deck features 78 of my paintings (they are all existing paintings of mine carefully selected by the author to complement the traditional minor & major arcana) never before published in deck form."

deleted :)

WhiteWolfy

O well, i'm taking it off my wishlist then. Plenty more decks in the sea :)

TheStarsAndTheMoon

I never found anything when I searched about that. Its sort of saddening, but at the same time a tarot deck of her artwork is by far cheaper than buying an original or even some of the prints. At least those of us still wanting it won't have to worry about art from other decks making their way into this one.