Beautiful Creatures Tarot!

sashie

I'm really excited about this deck. The Oracle of Shadows and Light is my most used non tarot deck. Also have Les Vampires and -just- received the Blue Angel edition of the Shapeshifters.

Wondering though, her decks have a overly optimistic, cheerful feel. I imagine that has a lot to do with the author. But, I don't know if a tarot by her would be 'balanced'?

This is just me speculating. I don't think I've seen any cards from this deck posted anywhere. Hoping forum members will share once the deck starts to ship.

GlitterNova

"this deck features 78 of my paintings (they are all existing paintings of mine carefully selected by the author to complement the traditional minor & major arcana) never before published in deck form."

Now that's a real shame. I don't feel strongly one way or another about her artwork, but I was excited about this deck because I know she has studied classical artwork and still life, and therefore probably is well-versed in symbolism and incorporating symbols into art. I was hoping that she would apply this to the cards, giving them a real symbolic depth to ponder. Knowing the artwork wasn't specifically created for tarot means that any symbolic meaning found in the cards beyond just the very basic image was a coincidence and can't even be guaranteed :c

MagsStardustBlack

7 of Earths clearly Salvador Dali inspired. I'm unsure with this deck, need to see more cards.

Owl Song

I pre-ordered this one. The release date is listed as 12/28 (a Sunday) which doesn't make sense to me. I'll update once I know the deck is posted. I wouldn't have even considered this deck a few months ago when I saw the cover image. But after working with Jasmine Beckett-Griffith's oracles over the summer, I'm really excited about this deck.

I've seen so few cards -- it's going to be a surprise when I look through the whole deck, which is fun.

Symphony

I've pre-ordered this one too :) I love her oracle decks too so can't wait to get my hands on this when they start posting them out. It was set to be released yesterday according to amazon, but they've still got it for pre-order

Downdog

Amazon US Delay on Release

I just checked my order on Amazon and I had to approve my order being delayed until January 27th.

Symphony

Really? The UK Amazon isn't saying anything about it. I saw on the Facebook page that someone emailed Schiffer and they got back saying the deck hasn't been published yet

EarthAngel2911

Well, I preordered and then cancelled my order for this deck once I found out that the artist had not created the images specifically for a tarot deck.

I like her art, but the sample images I saw just look like big-eyed girls in different poses. That seems like it works better in an oracle deck, of which there are several now. I'll just stick with my Light & Shadow Oracle and pass on yet another tarot deck that will end up not being used. :-(

Le Fanu

I think she needs to be careful not to go into big-eyed overkill. I don't have any of her decks and even I'm a bit tired of the big-eyed revival

MagsStardustBlack

I think she needs to be careful not to go into big-eyed overkill. I don't have any of her decks and even I'm a bit tired of the big-eyed revival
Agree.

While she is clearly a talented lady I got fed up with the big glassy watery eyes just from browsing the few images online. It put me off the deck sadly.