Your top 3 most appreciated decks from 2014

Electric Maenad

So many cards...

...so little cash.

1. The Wooden Tarot (This is the only one I actually have so far. Backed it on KS and oh my gods, this is an amazing deck. Creepy as hell and a seriously difficult read, but damn is it gorgeous.)

2. Tabula Mundi (Was waffling on the Rosetta, because Uncle Al's deck just doesn't do it for me, and then Babylon started posting her art for this. DO WANT. But now I can't decide whether to wait for the minors or get the deluxe majors set.)

3. Prisma Visions Tarot (Again, DO WANT.)

Padma

I think Prisma Visions Tarot is 2015?

Le Fanu

I posted some info and photos here:
http://www.tarotcollectors.com/view_topic.php?id=2659&forum_id=4

He's also on FaceBook. You can see all of them here:
https://www.facebook.com/juri.jakovenko.9/media_set?set=a.4966935249468.2167966.1181773103&type=3

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there's been very little discussion of it in the Tarot community.
How does one go about ordering this? I guess it's Majors only from the images. Is it easy/expensive to order? I LOVE this.

Dark Victory '39

I'm dying here. I almost didn't want to add input on this thread because I'm so torn.

1. ceccoli
2. japaridze
3. deck of the dead

Alice and silverwitchcraft tied for fourth. I've been told I annoy the hell out of my sitters when I use the alice deck because I drift off into literary territory about what Carroll might think of the deck. Frankly, I might read better w/ it if I wasn't so overly aware of the original text; still amazing craftsmanship none-the-less.

But the big winner for me is the ceccoli; I pulled out Christine Jette's Tarot Shadow Work book and the ceccoli has become my go-to deck in working w/ all of my 'crap.' I have to pick my jaw up off the floor whenever I'm done w/ a shadow session. Scary. I also have to keep the deck in separate room away from the other decks in case I fly into a rage and tear it up into teeny tiny pieces. Have made some faux ceccoli cards w/ the aid of colorphotocopies glued on index cards purposefully to rip. Hugely enjoyable; especially when triple mounted so that they make a more satisfying ripping sensation. The paper equivalent of teeth gnashing.

I can't ever really imagine letting japaridze or deck of the dead go. I cd still turn on a dime w/ the others, being a total flake. Japaridze has an amazing amount of substance, and it's such an extra joy because of its small companion book.

OnePotato

I posted some info and photos here:
http://www.tarotcollectors.com/view_topic.php?id=2659&forum_id=4

He's also on FaceBook. You can see all of them here:
https://www.facebook.com/juri.jakovenko.9/media_set?set=a.4966935249468.2167966.1181773103&type=3

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there's been very little discussion of it in the Tarot community.

How does one go about ordering this? I guess it's Majors only from the images. Is it easy/expensive to order? I LOVE this.

It was an ex-libris project, so it was never offered for sale as a "deck" that could be "ordered". People sponsored the creation of an individual card, and then received the entire edition (60 copies) of their card, hand printed from the original etched copper plates. All sponsors agreed in advance to trade copies of their print with all other sponsors, so that in the end, all involved each received a full set of the 22 finished prints, along with the 38 remaining copies of "their" card. (This is pretty much the standard method for creating "ex-libris" work.)

Laura Borealis

I'm dying here. I almost didn't want to add input on this thread because I'm so torn.

1. ceccoli
2. japaridze
3. deck of the dead

Alice and silverwitchcraft tied for fourth. I've been told I annoy the hell out of my sitters when I use the alice deck because I drift off into literary territory about what Carroll might think of the deck. Frankly, I might read better w/ it if I wasn't so overly aware of the original text; still amazing craftsmanship none-the-less.

But the big winner for me is the ceccoli; I pulled out Christine Jette's Tarot Shadow Work book and the ceccoli has become my go-to deck in working w/ all of my 'crap.' I have to pick my jaw up off the floor whenever I'm done w/ a shadow session. Scary. I also have to keep the deck in separate room away from the other decks in case I fly into a rage and tear it up into teeny tiny pieces. Have made some faux ceccoli cards w/ the aid of colorphotocopies glued on index cards purposefully to rip. Hugely enjoyable; especially when triple mounted so that they make a more satisfying ripping sensation. The paper equivalent of teeth gnashing.

Dang! You should let the artist know, somehow (maybe via LoS). I bet she'd appreciate that.

Le Fanu

It was an ex-libris project, so it was never offered for sale as a "deck" that could be "ordered". People sponsored the creation of an individual card, and then received the entire edition (60 copies) of their card, hand printed from the original etched copper plates. All sponsors agreed in advance to trade copies of their print with all other sponsors, so that in the end, all involved each received a full set of the 22 finished prints, along with the 38 remaining copies of "their" card. (This is pretty much the standard method for creating "ex-libris" work.)
Thank you for that. So I guess that's a "no" in answer to "will I ever have this deck?" :D

prudence

I can totally relate to how deeply the Ceccoli is able to dig into my psyche/childhood "stuff". I consider it a compliment of the highest degree to describe a deck as being that capable of plumbing the depths of anyone's psyche. If there are therapists out there who use tarot in their work with others, this is the deck I would recommend.

Serenia

I have thought about this for several days now, but I still can't make up my mind...

Out of the decks that were released in 2014, I bought the Chrysalis Tarot, the Legend of Tarot, the Marseille Cat Tarot, the Mystical Cats Tarot, the Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot and the Silver Witchcraft Tarot. I like all of them a lot - I have to admit, though, that I have only really worked with the Ceccoli and the Silver Witchcraft so far. I love both, but couldn't decide between them, because they're so different. So I guess my first place goes to the Silver Witchcraft and the Ceccoli equally.

And place two and three... Well, I don't really feel up to the Marseille Cats yet, and the Chrysalis, although very beautiful, is not talking to me for some reason. And while I totally love the concept of the Legend of Tarot, I feel that the Mystical Cats might be a bit easier to read. So the bottom line is that I'd rank the Mystical Cats second and the Legend of Tarot third.

(Can I get away with naming four decks in total? :eek:)

conurelover

Was Tarot of Delphi from 2014?