The Wildwood Tarot

Lela

Finally, images of the Wildwood tarot have been posted on Aeclectic. I wonder how this will go over with the die-hard Greenwood fans especially since it's supposed to be a reconception/redesign of the Greenwood Tarot. What do you all think? So far I'm liking what I'm seeing.

ETA: Upon second look, while I think the Wildwood looks pretty good, you just can't mess with the original Greenwood IMO.

rwcarter

I like the images. But I'm not a die hard Greenwood fan. I'm also not a fan of keywords on cards, so I'll probably be passing this one by.

Silver Crow

Love it, want it, and most likely will buy it. :)

Yasmin

It's got my attention!

strings of life

rwcarter said:
I like the images. But I'm not a die hard Greenwood fan. I'm also not a fan of keywords on cards, so I'll probably be passing this one by.
Keywords = pet peeve, so I'll only get this if the cards are big (DruidCraft size) so that I can trim them.

A shame really (Re: keywords). I do like the artwork though and it has been on my wish list. I'll just wait until it comes out and decide at that time.

Oh, and Lela, there is already a thread about this deck here. The search engine at the top right hand corner works wonders :).

hunter

If it's sold at Borders and I have a 40% off coupon I can see me buying it. I have plenty of decks that I have not given proper attention to yet though, that are just as good or better, so I'm in no rush.

Lela

aurarcana said:
Oh, and Lela, there is already a thread about this deck here. The search engine at the top right hand corner works wonders :).
Yes I saw it, but I decided to start a fresh thread since there are now images available.

Mods, if you want to merge the this thread with the other, it's all good. :)

Yasmin

hunter said:
If it's sold at Borders and I have a 40% off coupon I can see me buying it. I have plenty of decks that I have not given proper attention to yet though, that are just as good or better, so I'm in no rush.
We have until 2011. You'll be ready by then. I know I'm more enthusiastic because I never had the Greenwood...which is why I got the DruidCraft...so do I need another one along the same ideas? UGH!!

HearthCricket

I think it looks lovely, but it isn't the Greenwood, at all. It looks completely different and has a very different approach. I am all for it and will add it to my collection and hope it is nice for readings, as well. But referring to it as a reworking of the Greenwood is a bit far fetched, IMO. I am just going to refer to it as the Wildwood and accept it on its own merits, not by comparing it to the original Greenwood in any way. :)

Londubh

I have the Greenwood, I really like the images, but I really do like what I am seeing here. Thanks for the link, I hadn't realized there where images posted.

I will buy it and just not think of it as "THE GREENWOOD", because the two sets of images really can't compare to each other. I am glad they changed the name, it will help with the division.

I do hope desperately that it will be DruidCraft size and that the colors will be strong. Nothing turns me off a deck faster than washed out color.