The Dreams Of Gaia Tarot

Citrin

I'd love to know how people are finding this deck in readings. :) I'm a bit skeptical towards decks that are soo different but still want to come off as tarot hmm. But it is Beautiful... So yeah, readability please?! :)

alainaobrien

I'd love to know how people are finding this deck in readings. :) I'm a bit skeptical towards decks that are soo different but still want to come off as tarot hmm. But it is Beautiful... So yeah, readability please?! :)

Torn on this deck too! I keep hearing great things but not really sure if it's my style :-/ would like to hear how it reads as well :)

DaughterOfDanu

I'd like to know this too. I find myself straying from decks like the Chrysalis which was beautiful but too different from tarot for me to fluidly work with as a main form of divination.

I'll still love this deck, and probably worst case scenario work on occasion with it exclusively with my Messenger Oracle. But I'd really like to be able to read it like a tarot.

Scarlet Woodland

I'd love to know how close the minors (1-10) are to traditional tarot systems if anyone's had a rummage through the book yet. I'm happy working with unusual courts and majors but I love my RWS minors and would miss them.

Have been watching unboxings and the only clue I've found so far is that the 10 of water write up sounds very 10 of cup-ish.

It's so stunning I will definitely buy it anyway but would love to be able to read the minors more or less traditionally.

conurelover

I'd love to know how close the minors (1-10) are to traditional tarot systems if anyone's had a rummage through the book yet. I'm happy working with unusual courts and majors but I love my RWS minors and would miss them.

Have been watching unboxings and the only clue I've found so far is that the 10 of water write up sounds very 10 of cup-ish.

It's so stunning I will definitely buy it anyway but would love to be able to read the minors more or less traditionally.

These are not RWS. If that's what you want from this deck you will be disappointed.

I don't mind it not being RWS because I love my AI and Mary-El

Scarlet Woodland

These are not RWS. If that's what you want from this deck you will be disappointed.

I don't mind it not being RWS because I love my AI and Mary-El

The information is appreciated

conurelover

I got some time to look at the minors and will try to give a little description of what I think so far.

Suits
Fire - flame on every card
Water - water flows on every being
Air - every being is winged
Earth - every being except IV and V are part of earth/plants

The Knights are not like any I have seen in any other deck but reflect the core elements/meanings associated with each suit:
Earth-Seneschal
Air-The Scribe
Fire-The Hero
Water-The Counselor

Pages reflect a bit of the Yin/Yang of each suit:
Earth-Heaven/Earth
Air-Body/Mind
Fire-Masculine/Feminine
Water-Emotion/Intellect

There are 5 non court cards with a 3rd eye. All of the Courts EXCEPT AIR have a the 3rd eye.

Only VIII of Air, V of Fire, and II of Water could even bare some kind of resemblance to the RWS. I am glad for that. If this deck reminded me of those drawings I would not like it.

I haven't bought a deck for a while. This deck is not as rich as Mary-El. That being said, because it is different, and I like that, I don't remember being drawn into a decks images as much as this since I got my Mary-El three years ago. The last two decks I bought I hated and I think I threw them out.

It will take me a bit to get used to the Majors and to not read the Child like I do in Lenormand.

:)

DaughterOfDanu

I've looked through my copy and I do like it art-wise. I've always loved Ravynne Phelan's work.

It's definitely not a typical tarot. There's a few more Major Arcana and it is split into three different categories. The majors don't correlate to traditional ones. So for some of us, it won't be a bother, for those who are more structured and traditionalist it may. I see an undertone of tarot within many of the minors, though it's not obvious. I do love the court cards in this deck!! It's very clear that Ravynne put a lot of time into this deck even down to the beautiful box it came in.

There's also some differences that conurelover mentioned in her post.

I wish the cards had been a bit thicker. Usually Blue Angel decks have that nice glossy thick cardstock but this was a little on the thin side for me. I also got the Faerytale Oracle in the mail today and the cardstock with that is the usual. The backs are very simple which is nice but quite different from the intricate illustrations on the fronts.

Other than that this is a lovely deck for those who are very spiritual and into working with the tarot for healing and introspection. Because there's a lot going on with each card I feel like I can easily spend a good deal of time just picking apart what each card symbolizes to me. I'll be using this deck, along with the Faerytale for working on some personal goals that revolve around self improvement.

Luna's Crone

but working with different types of decks let you stretch your intuition muscle and become more open with options of intuition. when you look at the picture it starts you brain and intuition working, so ya just got to get used to the deck first. I have read with chrysalis yet but i am getting close, love that deck.