Samhain Deck of the Bastard

MoonGypsy

i already posted in the Samhain Deck of the B Advertisement section [late this afternoon], but i thought i would repost what i said here:

"Mine is here!!!!!!!!! i can barely pull myself away in order to write this!

i really am still quite awestruck...talk about atmosphere and ambiance! It is completely palpable. i can feel the crispness in the air...

i am not going to mention any particulars about the individual cards, as i really want everyone to be surprised and enjoy the ride!

You will NOT be disappointed, my friends! Our Seven S has completely outdone herself with this rare gem!

i am so grateful to have been able to purchase this fabulous deck. So often we have really high expectations for a deck and then are a bit let down when we actually have it in our hands.

In this case, this deck FAR SURPASSED my highest expectations!

Well done, Seven S!!! You have outdone yourself with this one!"

ETA: i am planning on distressing the edges later this evening or tomorrow:

Vintage Photo with perhaps a dash of Tea Dye thrown in for good measure. :p

greatdane

ooooh Penthasilia just added pix!

She distressed her edges and posted pix on the Samhain advert thread. SO COOL!

greatdane

THANKS FOR THAT INFO, MG!

Great to know for those of us who haven't done this before.

greatdane

THANKS PENTHASILIA!

Since you did SUCH a lovely job, I'm sure ATers would really love to see the result to use not just on this deck, but others!

Wintergreen

I just got mine too!!

I've only looked quickly, but it's a gorgeously dark deck. The cardstock and printing are excellent. I don't have the original Bastard, but I'm so very glad I jumped on this. It's a keeper, and it will likely become one of my main reading decks.

greatdane

oooh Wintergreen!

I keep going through and there are such lovely little details to find. Judgement is interesting....if you look closely...love this deck!

Disa

Ok, I looked and looked and looked. But I want to look more! I can't wait til I have some downtime to look at the decks side by side.

This deck is sooo gorgeous! I am so happy to have it! It's true that so many times we have high expectations and then feel let down with decks. I said exactly that when I got my first DOB- I told the DH it was the first deck in a long time that I wasn't disappointed in when I got it- same goes for this one.

Seven Stars, I think your decks and your whole image as a reader is everything I aspire to be- one day. You're the real deal, you know what we like and you make it come to life (I think cause you like it too :) ) You've captured the essence of what I think a Tarot Reader is.

Thanks so much for another lovely deck :)

Penthasilia

Since you did SUCH a lovely job, I'm sure ATers would really love to see the result to use not just on this deck, but others!

;) I am liking the look of the soot so much, I will probably use it on the dark goddess tarot since the borders on grey.

I think it is great to play around with these different inks and figure out which one will match the borders and backs most appropriately. With the burnt wood edges of the borders and back in this one, along with the black back- the combo works well.

I think I am hooked on these "ranger rick" inks! :D