a new group proposal

mahimaisme

i was just wondering..
would anybody in interested in participating in a group to study techniques and new methods of reading the cards?
several methods like gathering all the cards after a large spread reading and placing them in order to see which majors rule each card, etc are great ways to add depth to readings, as well as understand the cards better.
would anybody in interested in sharing, creating, learning such methods of study?

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi mahimaisme,

Just a quick moderator note to say that if you start this group and it involves doing readings then the Reading Exchange would be the best forum for it, not Tarot Study Groups.

Sulis - co-moderator - Tarot Study Groups

mahimaisme

sulis,
thank you.

lemme clarify :)

i meant discussing techniques and new insights from experience and other people. the readings done with these methods would go in the readings exchange. this group would be to discuss techniques, correspondences (like numerology, alchemy, etc for example), ideas to add depth and clarity to readings.

but then again, maybe all correspondences plus other methods would be too wide?

just playing with ideas here to see if i can form something concrete... i really wanted to do something with a group which doesn't focus on traditional ways of reading etc but on experimentation and expanding meanings...

??

TheLovers2

If you do get this going, I think it would be great and, hopefully, innovative in terms of other ways to read the cards. There is probably nothing new under the Sun (so to speak) :) but, since we certainly haven't heard it all it could prove interesting.

What I am particularly interested in is methods and ways/techniques that people employ when reading the cards WITHOUT SPREADS. Something interesting happened to me the other day, although, I haven't written out my Reading, but, the cards are set aside for me to do so. Well, what happened is I asked a question with, of course, sub-questions as a shoot-off of the main query and I pulled some cards - not knowing how many I would pull. I just pulled until I felt a "stop." I pulled the cards one at a time, so after the 1st card I looked at it, thought some and felt I should pull another, etc. Then, I felt, "Ok, stop. That's it; you have the picture."

But, what was interesting is that while looking at the cards, considering my question, etc., it seemed that I was led to consider the 1st card pulled (which was in my mind answering the main question) as my "outcome" card, also. In other words, when I was done examining all of the cards, I was directed back to the very 1st card as my "outcome." Like a circle of sorts. Another thing that happened is that the same card that was "me in the situation," was also for the other person in the situation that I was asking about. It was like: "This is you and what you're doing or bringing into the situation (now) but, (same card) this is ALSO him and what he will bring into the situation (later). That has never happened before. Regarding this "same card speaks for both" thing. There was one other card in the same Reading where that happened.

I had considered posting about this, which to me is an anomaly, just to see if this has happened to anyone else and then I saw your post re: new ways to read the cards, so I thought I'd share it here. :)

TL2 :TLOVE

mahimaisme

TL2,
yes, that is what i was thinking of...wayrs to read cards. innovative ways to use them. techniques to understand them better in unconventional ways...
i do read without spreads very often and i find that helps if you have several ways to read combinations, etc.
i'm hoping there are enough people who'd wnt to explore further! :)
and if there aren't... oh well! :)
mahima.

Yora

I like expirimenting and expanding! :p So if you'd want me in it, count me in!

Alta

I have done this a few times myself, though not every time.

Before I retired I sat down one evening with my deck and started laying cards as I thought about the various players in the 'drama'. As I thought of each person, I branched off the cards in different directions. Two of them only got one card and several got as many as five.

It helped past anything I could have expected when I had it complete, in fact I even took pics of the layout so I could look back.

Since that experience I do tend (when I am not reading with a pre-set spread as in Circles) to just lay the cards. One thing, not in the case above, but often, I use an odd number of cards so one card will always be 'central'.

catlin

I do not always use a spread. Sometimes I just use the cards that jump out at me, sometimes I take the cards on top from the pile and read them one by one.

Yes, I'd be interested in such a kind of reading technique study group.

Sophie

Yes, such a group sounds interesting.

I have reading "conversations", where I draw cards as part of a conversation with the divine, through the deck. There are no set numbers of cards or places, just as in conversations with friends, there are no agenda items. Each of us in turn contributes. I talk and through the cards, the divine talks back.

Lewen

I am interested as well. I don't claim to know much, but I am always up to learning new ways to enchance my readings.