The *AT* Tarot Top Ten....

HearthCricket

Oh, I love polls and votes. I think it is interesting to see the variety of interests on this board and what decks speak the most to certain people. It makes you open your eyes, sometimes, and try something you never have before. I certainly never expected to be so attracted to the Thoth, but it keeps giving me excellent readings and was almost on my top 10. Nice to see it on others. It is always hard to knock things down to a certain number, which just makes you think more about it. :)

Jewel

cirom said:
And there would certainly be no need to vote because there would only ever be three candidates (the same three) and no serious alternative would be permitted, a bit like the recent Russian elections.
Actually Ciro, I hate to correct you, but there would only be 1, the TDM as the RWS and Thoth came later and were influenced by the TDM ~chuckles~.

Reading this thread over makes me realize that we have this same discussion EVERY SINGLE YEAR after the polls come out *LOL*. Yep, I am laughing because I have no intention of banging my head on the wall over this poll. The one thing I think it does well, and I am glad for it, is that it provides recognition. Unlike book lists, tarot is still not main stream, and I am glad there is a place (no matter how faulted) that at least tries to give recognition to tarot decks and tarot artists. Request a name change of the poll, that sounds fair enough, but lets not take away from great decks which will stand the test of time. Start a poll on changing the name of the poll, if something that simple will solve this age old AT debate, then lets do it (I would but I am technologically impaired and don't know how *LOL*).

I would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge new decks that are based on tried and true systems that no longer depict suit emblems on the cards (Fey, Victorian Romantic, for example, both of which made the Top 10) ... I see them as a great contribution to tarot history. These are not clones regardless of the fact that they are RWS based. So thank you to all deck creators that have given us this new alternative type of tarot deck. I for one, LOVE it!

magpie9

Jewel said:
I would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge new decks that are based on tried and true systems that no longer depict suit emblems on the cards (Fey, Victorian Romantic, for example, both of which made the Top 10) ... I see them as a great con contribution to tarot history. These are not clones regardless of the fact that they are RWS based. So thank you to all deck creators that have given us this new alternative type of tarot deck. I for one, LOVE it!
I agree! And it's odd how it has slipped in, almost un-noticed. You would think there'd be all this uproar :rolleyes: and the loud sounds of breaking tradition....and really, there's hardly been a murmur.

Jewel

magpie9 said:
I agree! And it's odd how it has slipped in, almost un-noticed.
That has really surprised me too, which is why I wanted to acknowledge it.