The *AT* Tarot Top Ten....

AJ

I'd be curious how many members voted. My guess would be in the 200-300 range.

The Academy Award contingent has the same problem re: release time. Movies that were a blockbuster shoe-ins earlier in the year are overwhelmed by the movies timed to come out in December so they are fresh in the voters mind. There has to be a cut off line somewhere or no voting could ever take place. December 31 is as good as any other.

I'm really pleased that the thread on the potential winners didn't get so wrought up, unlike some past years. Maybe humankind Has advanced :)

baba-prague

AJ said:
I'd be curious how many members voted. My guess would be in the 2-300 range.

Yes, I'm pleased it's been so much calmer than in former years (hope I am not speaking too soon).

However, I rather hope that more than two members voted :joke:

WolfSpirit

baba-prague said:
However, I rather hope that more than two members voted :joke:

LOL, I think everyone can only vote for one deck so you have to have at least 10 voters to get 10 different decks and then they would all have equal vote. So to have 10 decks all with different votes you need...hm...a lot more voters...that's my answer :laugh:

Aerin

Well done to everyone indeed!

I must say, I was pleased to see the BG there: well deserved. I wondered if people would vote for it given the timing.... I had mine in plenty of time to make up my mind about it: I was able to get into reading powerfully with the deck pretty much from the word go.

I voted for the Fey too on the same basis. I can read with it, in some depth.

Aerin

baba-prague

WolfSpirit said:
LOL, I think everyone can only vote for one deck so you have to have at least 10 voters to get 10 different decks and then they would all have equal vote. So to have 10 decks all with different votes you need...hm...a lot more voters...that's my answer :laugh:

Yes, that sounds like sound maths to me Wolf. Er, sort of })

Aerin said:
I must say, I was pleased to see the BG there: well deserved. I wondered if people would vote for it given the timing.... I had mine in plenty of time to make up my mind about it: I was able to get into reading powerfully with the deck pretty much from the word go.
Yes, that's why I thought the deck might not make it to the list. It did come out so late in the end. Well, last year was like that, things were a struggle. A friend who is an intuitive told us in the early spring that the whole of 2007 would be difficult for us, and so it proved. I'm so pleased that it's now 2008!

Mary Fire Queen

ha! I voted and would all ready change the deck I voted for "best of all time" to the Gilded. I am such a newbie but the Gilded has all ready proven to be the most useful, one I use to read for others, and I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do before I got it.

The only other one on the list I have is the Victorian Romantic. I am glad that Karen and Alex did so well :D

I haven't used this deck, but to add to the congrats list doesn't Kat who made the Golden tarot post here?

I didn't even vote for the 2007 list.

6 Haunted Days

teomat said:
Yes, I thought this too (and agree with you on working with a deck before voting for it).

However I guess the key words here were 'PUBLISHED in 2007' (which the BG was). So technically, the BG wouldn't be counted for a 2008 poll...therefore unless it was voted in the Top 10 of All Time, it would never appear in any future poll. And...erm...we can't have that can we? :D

I don't have the deck (I voted for the Noblet), but I predict the BG will appear on the All Time list this year.

Yea that was what I was asking. So it's just a poll asking those here out of the decks published in the 2007 calender year have the best images, theme, creativity, idea etc. That kind of thing.

Got it. I was under the wrong impression it had also do to with actually using the deck, how it read and whatnot. That's how I myself mainly judge a favourite or "best" deck....imagery and theme are a second criteria.

I got my copy the 5 of Jan., for me a month or so wasn't enough time to see if it trumped Pearls of Wisdom in reading ability. While it was always (from it's inception) my favourite deck of all time for it's images and how "me" it is in the deepest sense, I need time with a deck to see if it's going to be a reading deck. I myself did have powerful readings right off that doesn't mean it's going to read like that all the time or even like that a month from then (which it has done and more, it's a powerhouse of a deck). Obviously I took/take the polls a bit more seriously and gave weight to my decision, it seems more take a light-hearted approach. Next time I'll be more flippant about it, and not put so much thought into it.

In that case the BG certainly deserves it, if I had known exactly what the poll meant, I would have voted for it and not waited.

I voted for Pearls of Wisdom a beauty of a deck that reads like a dream, I adore it!

Victorian Romantic was my choice for best deck of all time, I love every aspect of that deck. It's an amazing work of art and much genuis, love and time went into it!

ETA: I was comparing in my head about how the Oscars have the same issue re the late releases a few weeks ago. But then it occurred to me it wasn't quite the same. You don't need time to see if a movie is going to read well and deliver lol. Tarot is immensely intimate and personal!

baba-prague

6 Haunted Days said:
Tarot is immensely intimate and personal!

Well said - I couldn't agree more.

Jewel

~gasps in horror~ I cannot believe my beloved Cosmic Tribe did not make the All Time Top 10! ... then again I believe I wonder that every year ~chuckles~.
6 Haunted Days said:
Mystic Faerie errrrr that one completely threw me off. It has some charming images, but the bad out weighs the good that deck.
I could not agree with you more. It is beautiful, that is all I have to say about it.

I have 9 of the decks on the All Time Favorites list, and agree with most of them. I do think the Druid Craft has the best court cards to learn from, and the Fey is an all time favorite of mine. The Victorian Romantic is still in a class all of its own in my opinion, I was rather surprised it did not make it higher on the list. Would love to see the Fantastic Meanagerie join that list some day.

6 HD, I am like you when it comes to voting. I need time to use and get to know a deck before I can determine if it really deserves my vote. I feel like the creators put in their time, energy and love into creating the decks, and I need to put in my time and love to properly judge their work from my perspective.

Congratulations to all artists in the top 10 on both lists!

rachelcat

Jewel said:
~gasps in horror~ I cannot believe my beloved Cosmic Tribe did not make the All Time Top 10! ... then again I believe I wonder that every year ~chuckles~.
Ahh, yes, I love it, too, but it takes us special people to love it so!

So I was "scientifically" going down the list and giving (myself) comments on each one, and I realized I didn't know even enough to make a snap judgment about the Sol Invictus. I went to the website---

Wow! I love it! It's beautiful and amazing and just all-around well done! It goes on my wish list for sure!

I command everyone reading this to stop what they're doing and take a second or third look at Sol Invictus! :)

Personal scorecard for 2007: Have 1; want 3; don't want 6 = 10
Personal scorecard for All Time: Have 5; want 2; don't want 3 = 10