"Spirited Away" Tarot - Here's my latest obsession!

mercenary30

Sweet Deck idea

If this ever made it to print, I would buy it. Those cards are very cool.

Package them up with the DVD, and a good book!!!

Cerulean

Just fyi...

Outside of Japan, Disney has world-wide rights.

Anime fans sometimes have tribute sites to share talk, images and ideas and while the movie is new out on video/DVD, distributors will sell the cels, cards, manga sets. etc....but then they have such short distribution runs...so if you are putting together things that require those images, you might want to collect now, while they are available.

Melvis

Thanks, everyone, for all your kinds words! It would be fun to publish, but not really worth the effort. If I complete the deck (which it looks like I might ... they are coming together so fast!) and it looks good printed, I'll probably just print a deck or two for myself and a couple friends, but that's about it.

HudsonGray, the Chariot was one of the tougher cards to do, since there were a few options for it. I ended up going with a rather strange choice...Lin and the little round barrel boat (it has a real name, I name, but I can't think of it right now). It's odd, I know, but when I think of the charioteer, I think of Lin's determination to someday get away from the bath house.

Of course, I may change it later, since I've already changed a few cards around after I'd completed them!

Here she is...

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Attachments

• chariot.jpg
    chariot.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 114

Melvis

Thanks to Mari_H also, for getting me a few of the manga (?) to play with. Yippee! :D

Here's today's favorite: the Sun. I have almost all of the cards decided already, as far as who goes on what card, etc., except the Sun was giving me so much trouble. I knew I wanted the Reversed side to show the Sun in the baby's (Boh's) room, since it's a false sun that shines on Boh's sanctuary against germs. But the Upright version had me stumped, because the real sun is hardly ever shown.

Then it hit me...'Son', not 'Sun'! So here is the Sun card, showing the return of Yubaba's Son, Boh, to his real self.

Peace,

Melvis

Attachments

• sun.jpg
    sun.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 109

Melvis

Okay, just one more!

Now I know how Baba-Prague feels when she says in her Baroque Bohemian Cats thread that the JPG's she's showing just don't do the artwork justice! All those squinchy JPG squiggles just muddy everything up. Oh, well. At least I'll be able to print out pretty versions someday. (Insert devilish snicker here... }) )

Here's the Second Wind card showing Sen/Chihiro riding Haku, as she's remembering her first encounter with Haku several years earlier. (The subtitle is hard to read at this size, but for the Second card of each suit it is "Duality".)

Peace,

Melvis

Attachments

• windtwo.jpg
    windtwo.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 115