*Help*!!! (printers)

blackroseivy

*Good* News*!!!!!!!

That's funny, I did get a quote - maybe I didn't know that the e-mail went through?

I can't afford to have this run into thousands, though - no WAY could I HOPE to make it back & anyway my mother is paying & we only have so much money here! :p

Haha - but I have good news!! :D

I have, indeedy, found a local printer that can print the cards for a mere few hundred - VERY few hundred - although I'm not sure what the lamination fee is yet, but the estimate was so low for the cards I'm not worried ($380 for 50)!! :D

The only problem is, they will have square corners. Which will take me to my NEXT thread...

blackroseivy

Ok, got the corner-cutter (just about) in the baggie, the printer V-'d out ok as far as I could see - I will ask for a sample before I commit, of course!

I am going to be varnishing my cards. The lamination is just those sheets of plastic with a lip over the edge - NOT what I want my cards to look like. :p

Hehe!!

I have that Windsor & Newton varnish I was talking about - the question I have now is, do I pick matte or do I pick gloss? I have the matte, nice, smooth satin finish - but I COULD go glossier.

Anybody out there have an opinion? :D

December Fairy

I like glossier than matte finish, but not a real high gloss.

blackroseivy

Thanx for the link! :D

Lillie

I like something in between. A sort of satin finish.
Not too glossy, that's too shiney. Not too matt, that's too dull, looks unfinished.

Just my personal preferance.

blackroseivy

As a matter of fact, that's pretty much what I am aiming for. This wonderful matte-finish varnish gives it a satiny, not-too-glossy finish but it is definitely not dull at all.

December Fairy

Lillie said:
I like something in between. A sort of satin finish.
Not too glossy, that's too shiney. Not too matt, that's too dull, looks unfinished.

Just my personal preferance.

That's what I was trying to say. The word would not come to me. :p