How should I use this goldstone? (*Intuitive* responses please!)

MandMaud

If it doesn't have those flashes, I would lean toward red aventurine.
Ah, ok. When a looking-up-facts mood hits I'll look it up. While the listening-openly mood persists, I won't! :)

This is what I do too. There are stones all over the house, the identity of which I have no idea. These are mainly rocks that come from walks and trips.
I have more than a handful, only a few that I chose myself, and yes more of those are from walks than "crystals". My ex qualified as a crystal healer which is why I have any at all (except one or two gifts). I have to say, my interest AND my in-touch-ness has grown since he became my ex. ;) (He kind of took over a subject so that it was his alone.) But I don't really pick up much from them, only one or two specific ones: a tourmaline I needed all through last year, and a ruby zoisite (I think it's called) that I love. It may or may not develop over time, we'll see.

However, thinking back, I've always picked up something deep from worked stone - in buildings. Right back in my teens, when I had no truck with All This Woowoo Tosh (y'know :laugh:) but yet felt about certain old buildings (esp. a particular Welsh castle) as if they were people. Since getting into the woowoo side of things :D it's got more n more enjoyable.

I enjoyed your sharing about the trees. That's exactly how I feel relating with stones. And trees, for that matter. One tree who taught me that was the saguaro cactus. Technically not a tree, among the plants of the desert, the saguaro creates and anchors a supportive grid of energy and is respected by the other non-humans as a wise member of the community.

I love huge plants. Tree-height bamboo clumps are quite a sight too. And I love succulents in general. My windowsills hold a lot of desert plants - a bit optimistic on the wetter side of England, lol - and it's a sort of fascination. Plus they're more easy-care than rainforest plants! I have fewer cacti because they bite (when I'm clumsy). One day I'll travel to meet some wild ones. When I have been in deserts, long ago, I wasn't into plants.

Along that line, sometimes I think it might be a good idea to go back to school and train as a geologist. I spend so much time with stones anyway. But then I think of all the study time to complete an advanced degree, time in which I could be learning so much more directly from stones.

My ex couldn't be bothered with geology at all. Whereas my mother was very into geology, and thought crystals were just pretty. She'd have a piece of citrine in her purse (for prosperity) but it was just the kind of superstition that hears of something and thinks, never know, nothing to lose and it may help. I'm about halfway between the two of them.

Speaking of which, I hope you enjoy your window exploration!
Window, rather than windowsill (plants). :) This last couple of days, too busy + not well enough. But I'll get some alone time soon. Tomorrow's full moon feels as if it will be interesting....

CrystalDreamer

I could get in a real tangle trying to identify it, and I've decided not to. One day someone knowledgeable may see it "in person" and tell me. But for now I'm going to get to know it for itself, rather than for its family.

Sometimes it really is best way to get to know a stone ;-)

If it doesn't have those flashes, I would lean toward red aventurine. I have a green aventurine cut and polished point and some tiny green pieces and red pieces. Aventurine is a blind spot with me. I thought, "Aha!" when CrystalDreamer posted. I work with aventurine only occasionally, including yesterday! (THanks CrystalDreamer!) :) Aventurine comes in a number of colors, as do many stones we think of in a particular common variety.

Oh I'm happy to help or inspire. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm shy about talking about crystals (afraid to sound silly for some reason).

MandMaud

I'm shy about talking about crystals (afraid to sound silly for some reason).

It didn't show. :) The best remedy I know for that is to decide to go all out and say the things that make you sound as silly as you possibly can. The sillier, the more points you award yourself. You'll probably score zero points, and before long you'll be taking the new bold behaviour for granted - ie. it won't be bold any more, so then you need to find a new out-of-comfort-zone behaviour to try next!

CrystalDreamer

It didn't show. :) The best remedy I know for that is to decide to go all out and say the things that make you sound as silly as you possibly can. The sillier, the more points you award yourself. You'll probably score zero points, and before long you'll be taking the new bold behaviour for granted - ie. it won't be bold any more, so then you need to find a new out-of-comfort-zone behaviour to try next!

What great advice :)

MandMaud

a mini update

I now think it's sunstone; with strong light directly above, it does "flash", but I wasn't trying that angle and it doesn't often just happen like that. But as I think i said before, I'm not really interested in grouping it into a "species", more in getting to know it individually.

I wore it inside my waistband as suggested - balanced by my black tourmaline the other side, not in order to balance them per se but because I needed the tourmaline - which doesn't happen often these days but there must have been a reason that day.

I woke the next morning having had three fantastic dreams, and had another the next night. This is important! because my dreams left me years ago and I want them back. I can't ascribe it without doubt to the crystal, as I also got longer nights' sleep those nights than usual.

It was uncomfortable at my waist, so I tried wearing it in my bra but it leapt out - twice! - which no other stone has done, so I gather this one didn't like it in there! :laugh: ("Leapt" is an exaggeration; but twice I found it on the floor and this hasn't happened with others.) After giving up for a while, I realised I'd had a very productive few paperwork days while it had been on the same table as the paperwork ... then it settled on my laptop. It is now at the top of the keyboard, to the left, wiht something which I think is a jasper to the right (they didn't want to be the other way round). And it just so happens that in the last couple of weeks I'm far more focused, less getting stuck in front of mindless surfing or gaming, less getting stuck in front of the screen at all, more correspondence caught up with etc. It just happens to have happened. :neutral:

... of course having more sunshine could have helped, which means more physically active which means sleeping better which would lead to more focused ...

I'm still not really picking up anything, in the way I hoped, and got nothing at all when meditating on this crystal's window and asking.

The help I got in this thread kickstarted something, though - thank you.