The Fountain Tarot mass produced vs independently produced edition

staticfuzz

I love this deck so much, but I find it hard to shuffle at times, I think because of the gilded edges (I like the gilded edges though and don't think I'd trade them away). I'm really glad they got picked up by a company, hopefully it means more recognition for the artist like others have said, and more people using the deck. I'm considering getting it just because I don't want to scuff up my first edition at all. I wouldn't mind thinner cardstock as I like to riffle shuffle but have to be verrrry careful doing that with this deck.

G6

1st Edition

Just got the 1st edition, and I LOVE the cardstock, size, finish, box/booklet! Whole package is top notch! The matte finish with the subdued pallete is GREAT! The cards shuffle beautifully. I haven't had much time to judge it as a reader. In short though, quality deck all the way! I hope nothing changes in the mass produced version as this is a perfect deck.

barefootlife

I love my first edition deck - it has a weightiness to it that somehow grounds the airy nature of the illustrations, and the general production quality for everything included is amazing. I don't think I have a sturdier or more beautiful box. For everyone who hasn't had a chance or the funds to get at the 1st ed, fingers crossed that the mass-produced copy is of similar quality. Putting this deck onto something like Lewellyn cardstock would be a shame.

Cocobird55

I love my first edition too. I even like the LWB -- interesting take on the cards. Have been using it for daily readings for a while and finding it helpful.

tarotesoterica

I usually try to purchase the deck direct from the artist before it goes to mass production, that is what I did with the Wild Unknown. This is because I feel like cardstock quality is lost when it goes to market. It also feels much more like a collectors item purchasing it direct from the artist, its special.