Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 21 - #21

tink27

mooncat2 said:
As we move through life we all have our share of tough times............that is what life is about. We suffer blows and defeats , we pick ourselves up and live to fight another day but damage has been done and the affects live on in the Wounded Self. Each time we’re hurt and defeated both the hands and the heart close a little and we become wary of openly offering ourselves. Consciously we grow stronger and braver and feel more able to confront our challenges ............we can handle the queasy stomach and shaking knees as we prepare to step into the ring again. Facing the world and ready to give expression to our Self.

Wow! We've really been digging through the last few symbols. As I read what mooncat2 wrote I thought about the Will, Free Will and how we go about strengthening it....of making it more resilient, flexible, more balanced.

Alot of it is through exercise.....and each time we exert our Will, we gain something from it each day. And each day we learn a little more, we learn about self-control, we learn to stand on our own two feet.... and most importantly we discover we must have patience!

Many of us have found ourself attracted to a new lifestyle of a career we have even thought of.....at least not conscously. This symbol could also involve trying something new, and maybe risking everything in the process.

From the movie Million Dollar Baby
If there's magic in boxing, its the magic of fighting battles beyond endurance, beyond cracked ribs, ruptured kidneys and detached raetna's.
It's the magic of risking everything for a dream that nobody see's but you.

huredriel said:
Makes me think of the Fool setting off on a new journey and/or adventure ........ lots of adrenaline and excitement going on

absolutely!!!

Again, from Million Dollar Baby!
http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/M/Million_Dollar_Baby_CD1.html
People love violence, they'll slow down at a car wreck to check for bodies, same people claim to love boxing, they got no idea what it is.
Boxing is about respect, getting it for yourself, and taking it away from the other guy.

mooncat2 said:
If a person has been continually rejected......their offerings deemed not good enough.........not measuring up, there is likely to be a shadow Muhammed Ali self that says............Look at me....I am the best. A deep need to be recognised and applauded for who they are. Loved.

Unconsciously this can make the person , when stepping into the ring, see antagonism, criticism, competitiveness where there is none........will make them push too hard, try too hard.........and eventually defeat themselves.
None of this may even be apparent to anyone else............nor even themselves unless they learn to recognise it.

This is what the girl said to Mr. Dunn....again from the movie
I'm 32 mr dunn, and i'm here celebrating the fact that i spend another year scraping dishes and waitressing which is what I've been doing since 13,
and according to you i'll be 37 before i can even throw a decent punch
which i have to work on this speed bag for a month (...) god's simple truth.
other truth is, my brother's in prison, my sister cheats on welfare by pretending one of her babies is still alive, my daddies dead, and my momma weighs 312lbs. If i was thinking straight i'd go back home, find a used trailer, buy a deep fryer and some oreos, problem is this the only thing i ever felt good doing. If i'm too old for this then i got nothing.

Hmm, is this the same shadow you've been talking about mooncat2!

tink :love:

mooncat2

:) Near enough, I think, tink...........thank you. Sometimes I struggle to express in words what I'm feeling.
If there's magic in boxing, its the magic of fighting battles beyond endurance, beyond cracked ribs, ruptured kidneys and detached raetna's.
It's the magic of risking everything for a dream that nobody see's but you.
Yes.
This symbol could also involve trying something new
I think so.........a new challenge always arouses fears. Then if one's first efforts are received well there is the added pressure of having to keep the performance up.

huredriel raised the question this week of personalising a symbol too much. I faced that choice with this one because it would have been easy to generalise but I remembered the phrase that Lynda has at the bottom of every page in her book..."What does this symbol say to YOU'. That is what I've tried to express while realising that it is only one small part of the interpretation.

:love:

tink27

mooncat2 said:
:) huredriel raised the question this week of personalising a symbol too much. I faced that choice with this one because it would have been easy to generalise but I remembered the phrase that Lynda has at the bottom of every page in her book..."What does this symbol say to YOU'. That is what I've tried to express while realising that it is only one small part of the interpretation.

:love:

It’s very important to put your own energy into a symbol. I think it is tremendously significant! Sharing our thoughts with others connects us to our deeper unconscious feelings and urges, that can help lift the fog surrounding certain issues in our live’s, which allows each of us the ability rebuild and rebalance. But this requires effort and it requires action on our part. Our challenge is to ACT on the information we have, even if it may seem to be out of sync with our immediate needs. Effort helps us to shape and form the results we are striving to manifest….and if we choose well, we will, as seen in the next symbol, ‘reap the benefits’.

But if we have nurtured the feelings of hopelessness and despair, then we will find ourselves feeling victimized or stuck in resignation.

This symbol is potentially challenging.....its like it's working on us to put a signature on something!!

tink :love:

mooncat2

:) It is very challenging!

Let me be inside
Just like the tiny bird
With total trust that I am meant
To let my song be heard
Please don’t let me question
And fill myself with doubt
Help me find the courage
To pour my message out. ;)

tink27