About north nodes

SolSionnach

For a current take on the nodes, I recommend Jan Spillar's "Astrology for the Soul".

Her explanation of my nodal axis explained more about myself to me than anything I've ever read, bar none. I was gobsmacked.

Of course, YMMV and all that.

Minderwiz

Maggiemay said:
So, Minderwiz, what do you think about the whole ''South node & past life'' theory?

LOL.... I'm afraid that one day, you'll kick me out of the forum!!! (incessant questioning)

Maggie :)

OK You're booted out tomorrow LOL :)

As to past lives, it's one of those issues that you can never prove or disprove. Now I'm a believer in past lives, but I don't build that into my Astrology because I know of no way to establsih the link. Much as I might hope

Maggiemay

Minderwiz said:
OK You're booted out tomorrow LOL :)

LOL

Minderwiz said:
As to past lives, it's one of those issues that you can never prove or disprove. Now I'm a believer in past lives, but I don't build that into my Astrology because I know of no way to establsih the link. Much as I might hope

I understand.

Thank you,

Minderwiz

I think Vedic Astrology may offer a better approach to 'past lives' but I'm not at all well up in it and therefore wouldn't like to be other than speculative about it.

I'll have to investigate that branch one day, as it's closely related to the classical Greek approach (or vice versa, if you think that Hindu Astrology influenced the Greeks post Alexander the Great)

Maggiemay

Minderwiz said:
I think Vedic Astrology may offer a better approach to 'past lives' but I'm not at all well up in it and therefore wouldn't like to be other than speculative about it.

I'll have to investigate that branch one day, as it's closely related to the classical Greek approach (or vice versa, if you think that Hindu Astrology influenced the Greeks post Alexander the Great)

Ahhhh the Greeks!

You know, I studied Homer ( Odyssey) in High school (which should be illegal!)... Basically, reading that stuff was murder to the mind... AND I LIKE reading...

One day, when I won't be such a brat with you, I would love to discuss Greek Mythology. I am actually learning about the Greeks and their influence on the evolution of the Alphabet...very interesting.

Regards,

MCsea

Minderwiz said:
Conjunction with the South Node is an accidental debility - that is one based on the placement in the chart.

However, the conjunction must be partile - that is the planet and south node must be in the same degree. Lilly scores thia as -4 but does not score anything for conjunctions which are not partile. I suppose that you could weaken the debility score if it's 2 degrees but personally I'd keep to the partile degree requirement.

Clearly the opposite is the case with the North Node, a partile conjunction is an accidental fortitude of +4

Ok - mine is the next degree... hmm

thanks everyone for this thread and its information

balenciaga

I am utterly lost among this expert crowd, but I have the "exalted or not" pair: North Node Gemini (in the 8th house - is this possible? And sounds morbid.) and South Node Sagittarius.
So does this mean NN Gemini people have to work harder on relationships? For if one follows the fall-back position of Sag, one feels more comfortable being free and unencumbered.
Do I have this right?

Maggiemay

balenciaga said:
I am utterly lost among this expert crowd,
Me excluded. LOL!

balenciaga said:
So does this mean NN Gemini people have to work harder on relationships?
I wouldn't think so but since your SN is in the 8th house and your NN in the 2nd(?) house, I would say that within the realm of relationships, your challenge might be about....asset management?

balenciaga said:
For if one follows the fall-back position of Sag, one feels more comfortable being free and unencumbered.
Do I have this right?

Well, of course, Minderwiz will know better than me but I would say that you got the jist of it... Probably, you have this 'happy-go-lucky'', ''think well and all be well'' approach from your SN and you need to learn to be more 'discriminative' for a lack of better word.

Just my 2 cents...

Maggie :laugh:

balenciaga

MaggieM,
Thanks for taking the time to reply :love:- sounds like a case of "they all look equally good". HAH!:)
So you read the 8th house as more of a financial house. OK. I was looking at it as Death, or something more morbid (like taxes):)
Any time you want a reading over in the tarot section, give me a heads-up:)

Minderwiz

There are clear financial dimensions to the eighth. The most obvious is that it is the moveable property of your partner. In marriage horaries, the eighth is of real use beause it indicates the wealth or otherwise of the bride/groom.

However, partner can also be a business partner, so the eighth would indicate something about thier financial and (moveable) property standing.

At a more removed level, the eighth is somebody else's money/moveable property and this links to it's role as the house of inheritance and the house of taxes and indeed loans.

It is an unfortunate house, because it doesn't make a major aspect to the Ascendant (like the sixth, twelfth and second) and it is linked to death. However most readings of the eighth are concerned with moveable property.