Why am I much more like my Moon sign..

Hawthorne

than my Sun sign?

Sun at 0'10 Aquarius. (There is no question about my time of birth it's exact and precise)

Moon at 29' Cancer (Apparently it was a full moon the night I was born)

Ascendant 6' Leo

When I read about the traits of Aquarius Sun, I see a teeny glimmer of myself, but when I read about the traits of Cancer Moon, I am nodding and saying yes to everything. My whole character and personality seems much more like my moon sign than my sun sign. Not just how I deal with my emotions,which is what the moon is supposed to represent...
My Moon seems to overshadow my Sun. How can that be? Is it because I was born at full moon?

Minderwiz

Well accepting your placements as accurate (and for the Sun to have been in Capricorn would have required an error of around 4 hours) I'd start off by noting that you were born at night (Well about 40 minutes after Sunset) - so the Moon is Lord (Lady) of Sect - it's a nocturnal chart and your Moon is therefore stronger. Also the Moon was above the horizon at the time of your birth - even stronger and was also placed in a nocturnal sign - very dignified, (What the Arab Astrologers called Hayz)

Add to that the essential dignity of the Moon and the debility of the Sun in Aquarius and the Moon is a very strong planet in your chart - possibly the strongest in your chart.

Furthermore the Moon is Conjunct your Ascendant - though perhaps not quite strongly enough to make it a first House planet. It is however going to have a significant effect on your body, mind and spirit. The Sun is opposed to your Ascendant, so there's some conflict between Moon/Ascendant and Sun, with Moon/Ascendant winning. The Sun by Season is Cold and Wet in Aquarius, which adds to the phelgmatic nature, the Moon though is Hot and Dry by phase (and the same humour as your Ascendant).

Now it may well be that the other planetary placements might give a slightly better picture.

I've not taken the full Moon into consideration up to this point, you were actually born a little before the perfection of the opposition but not by much - as you don't give the minutes for the Moon's placement I can't give you an accurate timing. The Moon is growing in accidental dignity up to the point of the full Moon, when it's dignity begins to wane (as of course it does by phase).

I can give you a bit more if you can disclose your natal details, but I think the comments above are unlikely to change by much.

Hawthorne

This is really very helpful, thank you so much. The Moon seems to have a major effect on me, as you say, even to the extent that current moon phases affect me. Woke up today not feeling my best and I see it's a full moon tomorrow afternoon.....

Minderwiz

Thanks I've noted the details, so you can edit it any time you like.

A really interesting chart, everything in Aquarius and Capricorn, except the Moon (ignoring the outers, which have little relevance for this exercise).

I'll take a look in a little more detail and get back to you with any additional insights.

merissa_88

This conversation is interesting to me also. I feel the same way. I was born on the full moon in Cancer. It's conjunct my north node in the fifth house. I've always related to it more than my sun.

tigerlily

Yep, me three, and I also have Moon in Cancer. Perhaps it's because it is in its own sign?

Minderwiz

Well I can only speak to the chart I have, but I'm quite happy to look at other charts if anyone wishes to pm their natal details.

For Hawthorne, the full Moon occured about 1 hour and 16 minutes after birth. The Moon not only opposed the Sun but also Saturn and Venus as well. At the time of birth the opposition to Sun and Saturn was out of sign but in this case I'd still take it as being in true force.

In terms of the original question the conjunction with Saturn weakens the already debilitated Sun (although Saturn is also weakened). Given the relative difference in dignities, It's not surprising that the Moon is perceived as the stronger influence.

Hawthorne

Minderwiz said:
Well I can only speak to the chart I have, but I'm quite happy to look at other charts if anyone wishes to pm their natal details.

For Hawthorne, the full Moon occured about 1 hour and 16 minutes after birth. The Moon not only opposed the Sun but also Saturn and Venus as well. At the time of birth the opposition to Sun and Saturn was out of sign but in this case I'd still take it as being in true force.

In terms of the original question the conjunction with Saturn weakens the already debilitated Sun (although Saturn is also weakened). Given the relative difference in dignities, It's not surprising that the Moon is perceived as the stronger influence.

Thanks very much Minderwiz. This is very interesting - and I didn't know about all of those oppositions. It's no wonder I get emotional and, erm, lets say 'confused' at times!
It's been good to have my thoughts on this validated, I've encountered astrologers who've previously who've just tended to shrug off this question and insisted that the Sun sign is always strongest.
Much appreciated!

Kibeth

Me four!

And most interesting talk. I too find my Moon stronger than my Sun (am born in the daytime though, 11AM). Moon isn't conjunct Saturn, in fact, Moon is opposition Saturn and not Sun, so I can't figure why my Sun got overshadowed. lol! The chart was contradicting points brought up in this thread, I blame my Sun in Cancer for the contradictions!

Minderwiz

Thanks for sending me your details, Kibeth,

I'll take a look and get back to you. I'll post here because it's a common theme,

But remember the theme is a feeling more in tune with your Moon sign, which in your case is Gemini, not really feeling Cancerian at all.