The Sorting Hat Spread (for personality readings)

kimtsan

Potter fans?? :)

I came up with this spread based on the idea of the Sorting Hat and the Four Houses in Hogwarts, and how each house represents certain things and how that interacts with the parts of one's personality.

The spread looks like this:

------1-------
--2--3--4--5--
------6-------

1-The Sorting Hat: Your core values and what represents the core of who you are

2-House of Griffindore (courage, chivalry, motivation; associated with the element of Fire and the suit of Wands): What motivates you? What are you passionate about? What will you passionately pursue? Are you adventurous? Are you active?

3-House of Ravenclaw (logic, intellect, rationality, analysis; associated with the element of Air and the suit of Swords: Are you a rational person? How is your logic? How does your mind operate? How do you organize the things (ideas, emotions, reflections, information, etc) in your life? What is your system of perception?

4-House of Slytherin (rebelliousness, resourcefulness, rogue; associated with the element of Water and the suit of Cups): How are you with rules? Systems? Surprises? How willing are you to do what needs to be done to fulfill your purposes? How far are you willing to go to accomplish your goals?

5-House of Hufflepuff (friendship, loyalty, groundedness; associated with the element of Earth and the suit of Pentacles): What do you seek to uphold? What roots you and grounds you as a person? What do you perceive as an "emotional haven"? How do you feel safe?

6-Summary/other information

Additional advice cards can be drawn depending on the nature of your question.

What are your thoughts?? :)

seedcake

I just came here from the other thread. I'm not so fond of Harry Potter names but it's just me, the idea is really nice, very simple. When I get time I'd love to check this one out.

misser_piggit

Tried this spread twice...it worked well. i don't think card 6 is really needed, it acts as a clarifier and to me it was the same as card 1. It did give my girlfriend & I accuracy to our individual personalities.

Oh used gaian tarot. unfortunately i don't have anything more fairytale magical type. i wish i did :( bet it'd. give beautiful picture stories. Thanks for sharing your spread!

EDIT: i had to try again, this time using mystic dreamer. of course i found similarities between my Gaia. one just done but this time fir card 1 i had 10 swords & card 6 was 9 of cups. which reminded me in the movie harry & ron are at trewlaneys divination class and ron says "you're gonna really suffer a lot...but you"ll be happy doing it?" Hehehe

kimtsan

Tried this spread twice...it worked well. i don't think card 6 is really needed, it acts as a clarifier and to me it was the same as card 1. It did give my girlfriend & I accuracy to our individual personalities.

Oh used gaian tarot. unfortunately i don't have anything more fairytale magical type. i wish i did :( bet it'd. give beautiful picture stories. Thanks for sharing your spread!

EDIT: i had to try again, this time using mystic dreamer. of course i found similarities between my Gaia. one just done but this time fir card 1 i had 10 swords & card 6 was 9 of cups. which reminded me in the movie harry & ron are at trewlaneys divination class and ron says "you're gonna really suffer a lot...but you"ll be happy doing it?" Hehehe

Glad it worked for you and that you enjoyed it. :D I was really excited when I came up with this spread (inspired by some of the fantasy-themed spreads in Barbara Moore's book of tarot spreads). I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter and I wanted to create a personality spread...and then the Sorting Hat came to mind, and I was like, WHY NOT??? Haha.

AppleSpice

Haha, this was a fun spread! Interesting way to divulge a person's personality