A time-line spread?

Stormwitch

SarahRose said:
Yes, that's true - I didn't realize how general the relationship question was. I meant romantic.

As for the baby thing - I don't know. I mean, I will have to be married before I have children (or else be expelled from the family) and I just don't see marriage and conception within that time. I suppose we'll see, though, of course. It is a pleasant thought. :)

Thank you!

Try rephrasing that question too maybe? How about, how long from the time I am married, until I have my first child?

This is a spread that takes practice and time:)

Glass Owl

Here is a timeline spread that you may like. It is based on a spread from tarot.com.

1-2-3-4-5
-----6-----
-----7-----

1. Distant past
2. Recent past
3. The Present
4. Near Future
5. Distant Future
6. What is in your control
7. What is out of you hands

This version of the Celtic Cross is also great if you would like a time frame added to a spread.

Ravensong's Celtic Cross Variation Spread

....4.....1/2......6........8...................

1. The issue or question at hand. (Or you can use a Significator for this position.)
2. Helping or hindering factors.
3. Foundation of the matter.
4. Past event or influence that affected the question.
5. Possible future influences.
6. Events which will clarify or resolve the matter.
7. Questioner's attitude.
8. Opinion of friends and family.
9. Hopes or fears.
10. Final outcome.
11. Further information on the Outcome.
12. Timing - To give time frame to resolution of Question.

Wands = Days
Pentacles = Weeks
Cups = Months
Swords= Time indeterminate
King/Queen= Time indeterminate
Trumps= Now

Numbers
Ace - Ten = Corresponding Numbers
Page= Eleven
Knight = Twelve

13. Advice of the Cards - If card confirms outcome, then resolution will be permanent. If card does not confirm outcome, then, resolution may not be permanent.

This spread is from http://www3.sympatico.ca/terrir/spreads.html

Mathki

I tried the time-line spread to find out when I will get married, and it said 12 years, 9 months and 5-7 days! And since I am 28, I will be past 40 by then... (I have no boyfriend right now) :eek:/

Actually, it is quite discouraging though I know that nothing is cast in stone in the world of tarot. And unfortunately, I am no expert (yet), and am not able to interpret the layout as a whole...

But even if I don't like the results, the spread itself is fantastic! ;o)

I have also tried to ask when I will have my first child and the cards said in 4-7 months and 8 weeks (= 6-9 months?) but since there is no man in my life right now, I cannot see how it should be possible... Hmm, maybe I'm not allowed to know or maybe it isn't certain yet.

Also, I guess you have to be prepared for answers you won't like ;o)

The crowned one

My thoughts on time lines have changed. I think you can find a event to look for to give you an idea of when a another event will take place through the cards... but rarely if ever will the cards line up for you in a linear year month day. If they could when I ask my day and year of birth I should get the same cards every time. If I could do it I would be the worlds greatest fortune teller and if you can do it...you are.

fateworksalways

I was curious about this too! I can't wait to try to suggested spread out!

Zingara12

To Cut or Not to Cut...that is the questions ;)

Seems like a GREAT spread Storm Witch...The shuffling issue always confuses me. After you shuffle for this timeline reading, do you cut the deck?

lilacmoonbeam

Thanks for this spread!

I did this and phrased "from this day, how long until we move house"

Our current lease ends in Jan, although we could leave earlier if we like. We have applied to various housing associations and councils.. and I got in the first row.. 1 ace (7th along)

2nd row (13th along) and none in the 3rd row..

so 13 weeks and 7 days or 14 weeks lol.

27th of Oct to be exact.. day after my birthday.. I tend to have a lot of things happen on this date.. I started a job on this date.. now this lol.

I personally shuffled for a good while... repeating the question then cut the deck.. took the top 13 cards from the bottom cut.. then did the whole process again for each row.

Only got 1 ace per row and none in the 3rd so it seemed to work fo rme!

RAWRxRandy

Unconvinced...

Im not sure if this works or not, but I tried it the first time and got 3 aces in the Months line but I didn't focus on my question that much so i re-did and got NO Aces... Guess im single for this year.

Still not sure what to do when I get more than one Ace, and what happens if I do this on someone else and they 2 Aces? I don't know what to say.
DX
Confuzzling. but i'll practice it a little more and see if it works out with others.

starshine81

oh God, from now how long will pass till i have my first child..9 years,,0 months - weeks 0 days...i highly doubt it, i guess the answer is no children since the first 3 rows were 0 0 0no aces..
and i am 29 so i should conceive at 38..i dont think so..the proper answer would be ..no children..if the time lay out is right...so anyone tried it before? i it working? hopefully not lol

BridgetJones09

Confused

I liked this spread a lot, but, first time I tried it, no aces in days, no aces in weeks, an ace showing 12 months. Was a bit disappointed as you said it was very weird that aces didn't show up on a line! I thought I had not spoken the question out loud and did it again. AGAIN, no days, no weeks, 6 months.

Another question is, if you get an ace in 13th position for days, you must convert it into 1 week, 6 days, right? Same if you get an ace in 13th position for weeks, that would make 3 months, 1 week. And so on, so you have to convert the full time line to get a result! Am I right or just mixed up??? :p