Britta's Lenormand deck

Aster Breo

I just acquired Britta's Lenormand deck (thanks again, MoonGypsy!!!). I think the artwork is beautiful, and I like how most of the symbols are presented. And the size of the cards is great -- I like smaller decks. I'm not thrilled, though, with the card stock and how they shuffle.

What I'm most curious about is the clock and eye symbols that appear on some of the cards. According to her website: "a clock symbols a time-card and an eye symbols a future-card".

Does anyone know how to use this feature?

Thanks!

~ Aster

Tag_jorrit

When you are doing a reading that concerns when something may happen, you look to certain cards that can represent time elements. For example, when the Clover appears it's soon, and duration is short; when you get the Tree, it's a long time coming or persist for a long time. Her indications on the cards may be to alert you to what the traditional time periods may be.

Astraea

Yes, the clocks and eyes on cards refer to timeframes. These are specific to Britta's method, hence their appearance on her cards. Detailed information about what these symbols mean is only available through Britta's courses, which are available as downloads through her website.

I took all of Britta's courses several years ago and got a lot out of them, but ultimately resonated more with the Treppners' and Rana George's approaches. Britta's courses and books are packed away, so I can't do more than recommend you look into purchasing her material if you want to get into what the clocks and eyes mean in readings; if you don't want to do that, just use the cards as you would with any other Lenormand deck, and disregard the symbols.

Aster Breo

Thanks, Astraea! That's very helpful.

I'll stop trying to figure it out for now and maybe get her book at some point.