Incense

Elnor

If you can find it, Hem Dragon's Blood is very nice incense.

Hathor

I agree with Elnor, Dragons Blood by Hem is very good. I think I mentioned that in one of my earlier incense posts.

By the way, incense trading sounds intriquing !

HearthCricket

What does Dragon Blood smell like? I know of a store that sells an oil of it, but never bothered to smell it because the oils are so old...no turnover. I think I can get Hem's Dragon Blood incense from another store about 1/2 an hour away! I want to make a list of all the good Hems!! :D

Hathor

Dragon's Blood is a musky, sweet fragrance with scents of sandalwood, patchouli, notes of amber and hints of flowers and Vanilla. It sounds complicated but the afterscent is almost powdery.

Hathor

HearthCricket said:
What does Dragon Blood smell like? I know of a store that sells an oil of it, but never bothered to smell it because the oils are so old...no turnover. I think I can get Hem's Dragon Blood incense from another store about 1/2 an hour away! I want to make a list of all the good Hems!! :D

By the Way - Hem's Musk is also beautiful if you like musk. Good Luck !

HearthCricket

Hathor said:
Dragon's Blood is a musky, sweet fragrance with scents of sandalwood, patchouli, notes of amber and hints of flowers and Vanilla. It sounds complicated but the afterscent is almost powdery.

Drool.... :D Sounds like my favourite perfume; Shalimar.

Elnor

HearthCricket said:
What does Dragon Blood smell like? :D

Think Nag Champa... only a bit lighter- and earthier, but at the same time slightly sweet; a slight whiff of mysterious far-away places; trust me, it's gorgeous!

Smells better lit than when it's in its box... combine it when burning with a stick of Nag Champa and your house will be soooo aromatic. :laugh:

elnor

HearthCricket

Elnor said:
Think Nag Champa... only a bit lighter- and earthier, but at the same time slightly sweet; a slight whiff of mysterious far-away places; trust me, it's gorgeous!

Smells better lit than when it's in its box... combine it when burning with a stick of Nag Champa and your house will be soooo aromatic. :laugh:

elnor

This is exactly what I love about incense. I go out for a few hours, shopping, doing errands, or visiting with someone and I come home to such an exotic smell lingering in our house. Even in rooms where I have some incense stored and not being burnt, it smells great. And when people drop by they notice the smell and always love it. My father says it smells like a church in my home! My friend from China says it reminds her of temples. And having a different scent for different uses really gives the moment extra depth for me.

HearthCricket

OMG...I am burning the Precious Lavender, by Hem, and it is gorgeous. Just a very pure lavender smell, straight from the garden. Not that chemical soapy smell! I love it!

Hathor

HearthCricket said:
OMG...I am burning the Precious Lavender, by Hem, and it is gorgeous. Just a very pure lavender smell, straight from the garden. Not that chemical soapy smell! I love it!

Oh Hearth ! You are so into the lair now ! You have been initiated into the sweet corruption of incense. You have so many more to try ! I am sooo happy you're loving the Hem's.