All Shall Be Well: a spread for Comfort

Thoughtful

What a beautiful little spread. l have just pulled cards on a matter that was troubling me, what joy and comfort l got from it.
Thank you for sharing with us all :heart:

cheimonette

An idea like this had really never occurred to me! I was dubious when I started reading through your thread (how can we make the cards give us something we want? I thought), but now it all makes sense, and fits into my vision of what tarot really is so beautifully.

Every card is a lesson, and every card is a little world from which we can derive deeper knowledge of ourselves and our environment- isn't that where true comfort comes from? Insecurity disappears when trust is built, and trust flowers only with knowledge and experience. Tarot can help us all with that.

Thanks for the wonderful spread. I'm looking forward to using it.

Chiriku

Chiriku - this is literally a heaven sent for me today.

Two friends of mine, a couple, were savagely assaulted at a fair last weekend, they are both traumatized. I know the woman is working with cards, and I have passed the spread and your introduction on to hear. I think this is just what they need right now.

That is very troubling. I hope something, whether this spread or meditations, prayers or other means, can help them arrive at some level of peace after such a traumatic event. Thank you for passing it on to them and please extend my best wishes for their mental and spiritual recovery.

I have just tried this spread and found it to be exceptional. I have been going through a horrid series of difficulties recently and the cards I drew for this beautiful spread were perfect for my situation and exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you so much for posting it.

I think I will be using it quite a bit. Even if one is not going through horrendous difficulties I imagine it would still be a very beneficial spread to use regularly.

Thank you for giving the spread a try, Alessi. You are quite right that it need not be used at times of great trauma or suffering. Perhaps some people could use a weekly or otherwise regular "pick-me up" to give them some positive food for thought.

Just want to say what a lovely spread.
It so reassuring to have such wonderful and positive spreads which bring comfort when needed most.

Please post more such spreads.

Loving vibes to all :)

Thank you, Noni. I do have a similar spread based on a fragment of Sufi poetry. I will see if I can post it sometime soon.

I just used the spread about something that has been bothering me for a while. I got good cards, and felt very comforted. I still have a smile on my face.

Thank you!

Ah, very glad to hear that, Cocobird55. It's of course helpful that you got "good cards" (whichever ones you perceive as good, that is). But I hope the spread can still be of use when the cards that come up are not as immediately comforting as one would expect. This is one of the many benefits of tarot--each card, in each position, can give us something useful and helpful to mentally "chew" upon.

What a beautiful little spread. l have just pulled cards on a matter that was troubling me, what joy and comfort l got from it.
Thank you for sharing with us all :heart:

That really gladdens me, Thoughtful, thank you. Everyone's testimony here gladdens me (and makes me think I should use this spread more often than I have done).

Every card is a lesson, and every card is a little world from which we can derive deeper knowledge of ourselves and our environment- isn't that where true comfort comes from? Insecurity disappears when trust is built, and trust flowers only with knowledge and experience. Tarot can help us all with that.

I agree completely with your thoughts; thank you for sharing them, and for trying out this spread.

Noni

Thank you, Noni. I do have a similar spread based on a fragment of Sufi poetry. I will see if I can post it sometime soon.

Hi Chiriku

Just wanted to say that I did some readings using your spread for FB on AT's reading exchange, and it worked very well :)
And I'm a BIG Rumi lover....so if you do post any Sufi poetry related spread I would love to read on it....looking forward to it :)

samantha

But I hope the spread can still be of use when the cards that come up are not as immediately comforting as one would expect. This is one of the many benefits of tarot--each card, in each position, can give us something useful and helpful to mentally "chew"

Very true. I tried this spread out a couple of weeks ago and was initially quite upset with one of the cards I drew : even at it's *best* how could I see it in a possitive light ?
It made me reconsider the card (and more importantly my relationship/reaction to the card) and that *comfort* is not synonymous with "cures all" ! I think the spread was asking me to take more responsibility, rather than expecting the clouds to open and be handed everything on a golden plate. (" Humankind cannot bear very much reality " ?!)

Thanks Chiriku :)

slsimms

Lovely

I just tried this spread and was both surprised and grateful at the results.

It's so easy to get bogged down when you do large spreads. They are either too open-ended or so specific (and often fear-rooted) that it doesn't really address the true need which is: comfort.

This was small. It was direct. It was peaceful.

Thank you for offering this.

Chiriku

Would you believe that I just logged in for the first time in a month and first thing that caught my eye on the front forum page was the most recent post to this thread. I'm glad you found this spread (I don't know what it's indexed under inthe Spreads forum) and especially glad you found it useful.

I just tried this spread and was both surprised and grateful at the results.

It's so easy to get bogged down when you do large spreads. They are either too open-ended or so specific (and often fear-rooted) that it doesn't really address the true need which is: comfort.

This was small. It was direct. It was peaceful.

Thank you for offering this.

nord_drache

Strangely I was looking around in this thread for other reasons . . .
I read your spread and it started to resonate with me until the light went on and the realization that maybe a positive affirmation was what I needed to get me out of this state of entropy / apathy.

I did the reading with my go to deck. The very positive 9 of pentacles came up as #1. This gave me a shake highlighting the positive and what I have. This was followed by 2 of the heavier cards but as you said "all will be well" - can be up for interpretation or a matter of perspective. It showed me that these 2 things will be sorted out as that will also generate the positive.

Thanks for posting this,
Jim

Mabel

This is a wonderful spread. This is the first comforting/healing kind of spread I have come across.
Thank you for sharing!