A good, daily spread?

Intyale

Hello, everyone. Tarot n00b here. =P

I've been roughly reading the cards for about a year. I have been doing daily Celtic Cross readings for myself in the mornings to hone my skills. My biggest problem with the Cross is I find it's extremely busy, I almost always leave the house confuzzled and discombobulated, only to later come home and have a ah-ha moment once I see how the cards are spread, AFTER my day is over. The most frustrating thing is that in the cards I see advice from higher up that I should have took heed, but could not read due to too many messages hitting me in the face at once.

So, in short, is there any daily spreads you guys use that are effective, yet not too busy? I used to drew just one card, but for one still learning the cards, I need something not so black and white.

Again, I'm a Tarot n00b, forgive me if the question has been asked before.

celticnoodle

personally, i like to pull 3 cards. you don't have to assign any special label to the position of each card, but for me, if I am doing a personal reading for the day, I would look at the first card as the major focus my day will take, card two as how i will handle/deal with it and the last card as how it will all turn out.

rwcarter

Intyale,

A three card spread is a good place to start. Since you're fairly new to tarot, I'd suggest assigning positions to the spreads to help with your interpretations though. You could use:
  • Body, Mind, Spirit
  • Past (what you may be carrying over from yesterday into today), Present, Future (what you may carry over from today into tomorrow)
  • Antithesis, Thesis, Synthesis (usually read from the center first)
  • Morning, Afternoon, Evening
  • You, your environment, the overall day

Or make up your own positions! That's completely allowed!

HTH,
Rodney

Prism

Hi Intyale,

You can also draw two cards. I too am new, and I like doing that. You can either assign meanings to them, like Situation/Challenge, or whatever, or you can just compare the cards, which is what seems to work best for me lately if I don't have a burning question. Or you can make up a little story with them, which also works well. Have fun with it. I think that's the most important thing.

Prism

Redstar

I sometimes mix it up :) but this is what I usually use:

1 5 2

1. Work (either a job or even anything that you do *physically*)
2. Home
3. Unexpected
4. Your Role
5. General Outcome (sometimes I'll replace 'outcome' with 'advice')

Seems to give just the right amount of information for me personally.

daniL

Hi there,

I am very new at all of this too and am still trying to learn the meanings of all the cards. I do this 3 card spread each day (that I have time!) and find it really helps me learning to interpret...

2------1-------3

1= The situation I will face today
2= The wrong course of action - don't do!
3= The right course of action - do!

I usually have a quick go at interpreting, but look at it more in depth at the end of the day. I find this reflection makes it easier to interpret, and therefore learn the meanings.

Have fun!

rwcarter

daniL,

The reflection part is key! When I've done daily readings the night before for the next day, I very rarely came anywhere near hitting the nail on the head. But pulling cards at night for the day that has passed has always worked for me and given me insights to the cards that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

Rodney