Chokmah
Chesed
Geburah
Tipharet
Netzach
Yod
Yesod
Malkuth

TOL#2 (I've found mention that this is the Golden Dawne's correspondences which may have been based on Enochian correspondences) - but does the TOL have a formal name?
Kether
Chokmah
Binah
Chesed
Geburah
Tipharet
Netzach
Yod
Yesod
Malkuth

Namaste

fyreflye

-delete-

Baby Owl

fyreflye said:
Where did you see Tree #1?

I, too, was wondering this. I have not seen a Tree of Life like that anywhere.

witchywomyn

I can't be too sure about Tree 1 anymore - I was sure I first learned the TOL that Binah was Sephiroth 2 but now I can't find the source - maybe since it was all such new info I just got confused and there is not TOL with Binah as #2 -

sorry I think I'm a bit confused.

kwaw

witchywomyn said:
I can't be too sure about Tree 1 anymore - I was sure I first learned the TOL that Binah was Sephiroth 2 but now I can't find the source - maybe since it was all such new info I just got confused and there is not TOL with Binah as #2 -

There are variations in the order in some very old kabbalisitic texts, but even in those Binah is third sefiroth, and the order we know today has been pretty well standard since the 14th century. However there are two ways of representing the tree that often causes confusion. Most commonly the tree is represented as a mirror image, its left side is on your left. Sometimes however it is represented as if a person facing you, its left side on your right. In this case though of course three pair of sephiroth are apparently reversed, binah/chokmah, chesed/geburah and netzach/hod.

Kwaw

smleite

Witchywomyn, I also thought your question could be related to Kenji’s explanation about the two ways of representing the Tree. I’ve learned that the mirror image of the Tree is used to represent the Macrocosm, whereas in the other way it represents the Microcosm (Man). Still, in any case it is the direction of the Lightning Bolt that varies, not the order of the sefiroth: Chokmah is always “hit” first (?).

Azdaja

Although there are different versions of the path arrangement on the Tree of Life, this is not the case with the sephiroth.
Mathematically Binah is the plane, which of course requires 3 points.
Binah is the reconciler. "She" is the synthesis of Kether (Thesis) and Chokmah (antithesis), the Holy Ghost to the Father and Son, etc.
"She" is manifestation, of which the triangle (3 pointed figure) is the archetypal symbol. This is her role as "Mother" to Chokmah's "Father".
However, when discussing the 3 mother letters some attribute 1 (Kether) to Aleph, 2 (Chokmah) to Mem, and 3 (Binah) to Shin. So we see that the traditional attribution of fire to Chokmah is replaced with water (Mem). Chokmah is here viewed in its feminine role as "mother nature", whereas Binah is seen not as the mother but as the son or Holy Ghost, as Shin = Spirit.
That's about the closest I could come to figuring out where the idea that Binah is 2 could come from.

hoomer

Azdaja said:
Although there are different versions of the path arrangement on the Tree of Life, this is not the case with the sephiroth.
Mathematically Binah is the plane, which of course requires 3 points.
Binah is the reconciler. "She" is the synthesis of Kether (Thesis) and Chokmah (antithesis), the Holy Ghost to the Father and Son, etc.
"She" is manifestation, of which the triangle (3 pointed figure) is the archetypal symbol. This is her role as "Mother" to Chokmah's "Father".
However, when discussing the 3 mother letters some attribute 1 (Kether) to Aleph, 2 (Chokmah) to Mem, and 3 (Binah) to Shin. So we see that the traditional attribution of fire to Chokmah is replaced with water (Mem). Chokmah is here viewed in its feminine role as "mother nature", whereas Binah is seen not as the mother but as the son or Holy Ghost, as Shin = Spirit.
That's about the closest I could come to figuring out where the idea that Binah is 2 could come from.

DOes this figure in with Essenic and Sufic kabblah? lol?????