The Tree of Life Squared

Sauwelios

Kether is the first Sephira, but the number 1 pertains to Chokmah, not Kether. I have come to this conclusions after coming to the following series of numbers.

Let us start with the series

As 9 is the numerological 0, I will substitute the 0 with the 9. This makes

Now for the squares of these numbers.

The squares of the numbers 4 and 5 are both 7s, because 16 = 1 + 6 = 7 and 25 = 2 + 5 = 7. As you can see, this series is a palindrome. I will get back to this.

The next series is the third power of the numbers, x * x * x [square being x * x]. This makes

Interesting eh? The next series, the fourth power of the numbers, is

Compare this to the squares: another palindrome. The next is

This series stands out because it seems so random at first sight. One should note, however, that the sums of the numbers between the four 9s are 6, 9, and 3 respectively. And look what comes next:

No comment. Next up is

As you can see, except for the 3 and the 6, this series is identical with the first one. After this, the pattern will repeat.

As I have written at the start, this pattern has led me to a new Tree of Life. To wit:

_0_
2_1
_3_
5_4
_6_
8_7
_9_

There is no 10, as the 9 is the new 0.

As you will see, the middle of the palindromes shown above [the place where the imaginary mirror is located], is between the 4 and the 5 in the original series of 0 to 9. And the middle of my Tree of Life is in the exact same place.

Now the middle pillar consists of the numbers 0, 3, 6, and 9 - all 9s/numerological 0s, that is to say, there is zero electricity on the pillar of equilibrium: the number of "protons" and "electrons" is equal, so to say; the middle pillar is neutrally loaded. This can also be seen if we substitute the numbers of 0 to 9 for the third power of the numbers:

_0_
8_1
_9_
8_1
_9_
8_1
_9_

The [sephiroth on the] pillar of mercy plus [their counterparts on] the pillar of severity equal the [sephiroth on the] pillar of equilibrium.

And we can interpret the sixth power of the numbers,

_0_
1_1
_9_
1_1
_9_
1_1
_9_,

as meaning that the sephiroth on the left and right pillars are equally charged, though antithetical [the right ones carrying an equal number of "protons" to the "electrons" of their counterparts on the left pillar].

jmd

The beauty of mathematics :)

An additional step that can also be taken in order to reconcile the version of the Tree you present and the most popular versions is to allow for the fourth Sefirah (numbered 3) to 'simply' fall and become Malkut in its typical form.

This also allows for an explanation for the chasm of Da'at, and its lack of it being Sefirah.

The suggestion is of course not original, and occurs in some earlier manuscripts - but may work well with your own account and mathematical schema.

Sauwelios

Yes, thank you, jmd. How I'm going to reconcile this with my musical Qabalah kalender is still to be seen, though. By the way: haven't I seen you on xbc sometime?

hoomer

the problem with thsi is is AIN represents 0....as it is all things....and NO things......

and 10 is a useful number as it is a return to beginning again.... hence no new figures...a 1 and a 0....

thus we see in the number 10...a representation of the fact that all the spheres are within 10...just as they are in kether.....

we can see this also in the image of "jacobs" ladder where the 4 trees join..and malkuth becomes a kether......

also we see this if we use the underworld tree (the shells, klippoth).....

malkuth and kether are said to be closer to each other than chockmah is to binah........(mystical kabblah ...dion fortune).......

thus 10 is a very useful number .......

heh