Konraad's Past Life Spread pt. 1

Jewel

Hi Herluna and Royal Cat, I have printed out your spreads and will work on them to see what I can come up with. May take me a few days but I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible. I have the decks you used and will do a comparison using my Cosmic Tribe as it has a habit of just speaking up right away. Hope I can be of help ... no promises.

starfish66

Cat -

I'm going to print off your post and go over it and post in a bit.

Blessings -

:TDEAT Starfish

Moongold

Wow...

This looks very complicated. Is it your advice that this would be best done by an experienced reader?

I am quite new but I am very tempted. I guess I have nothing to lose.

Moongold

starfish66

Moongold said:
Wow...

This looks very complicated. Is it your advice that this would be best done by an experienced reader?

I am quite new but I am very tempted. I guess I have nothing to lose.

I've done this spread and I still consider myself a newbie. You can do it! Give it a shot and post them. If you're stumped, there's plenty of us to help out. ;)

:TDEAT Starfish

Moongold

Thanks Starfish

Your encouragement inspired me to go ahead and I can already see major issues. A couple just jumped out and and made me shake with recognition. Here is what I got:

Throne 1
Ace of Cups

Hermit Sun Death Fool
Emperor

Throne 2
Ace of Pentacles

Tower Hierophant Magician Justice

Throne 3
Ace of Rods

Star Temperance Hanged Man Strength
Empress

Throne 4
Ace of Swords

Devil Lovers Judgement Moon High Priestess
Charioteer World Wheel of Fortune

I've seen some posts about past life issues on this site in the last few weeks and not thought initially very much about them. The other day it just occurred to me that they might be quite significant for me. I've had a couple of readings from experienced people who said I needed to let go of the past. One of them was from a wise and caring person from World Tarot. My own readings were saying, on occasion, something similar. And I've done some Hanged Man readings (Greer) and some Celtic Cross readings but never seemed to get anything very clear about how I needed to change at a really deep level,

I couldn't work out what I had to let go of because I have done quite a lot of work on myself over the years. I had a very bad year just recently and could not quite understand the root of it. I know very definitely that I tend to repeat themes but I couldn't really stop doing this around significant issues and would be enmeshed in the negative cycle before I knew what was happening.

I have been quite defeated spiritually in recent months but moved to surrender and prayed for some insight. I think defeat might have been necessary before I could be ready to see. Someone I never met but used to write to in the US died at the beginning of the year and I have had a feeling of her spirit being close by. Perhaps this is her gift to me. I have had the sense of other friendly spirits as well, if you can understand this.

Some clarity about fear, rebellion, health and career issues have surfaced for me with just a preliminary look at these cards, accompanied by the shock of early understanding. Do you know what it feels like to be hot and then to dive into a deep, cool lagoon? That is what it feels like. I am cool and can breathe.

Obviously, I have a lot more work to do with this, and would appreciate some help if some of you are willing and I need you. I will reflect on this myself and trust that I will be guided through my intuition and the friendly spirits. Thank you so much for being here and making this available.

Moongold

Poetlove

Confused about decks

I read all about the Konraad Classice Past Life Spread. Probably bit off more then I can chew at this point in time, but I think I have an idea about it.

Someone mentioned that they were using a Mytical Deck, If you could tell me what spreads a beginner with the Celtic Dragon Deck should start with. I have done some three card spreads, and some of the spreads that come with the book and the deck.

Any help anyone wants to give me would be great.

Thanks

starfish66

Re: Confused about decks

Poetlove said:
I read all about the Konraad Classice Past Life Spread. Probably bit off more then I can chew at this point in time, but I think I have an idea about it.

Someone mentioned that they were using a Mythical Deck, If you could tell me what spreads a beginner with the Celtic Dragon Deck should start with. I have done some three card spreads, and some of the spreads that come with the book and the deck.

Any help anyone wants to give me would be great.

Are you interested in trying a past life spread? The Konraad looks more intimidating than it actually is. Once broken down into the 4 thrones, it's much easier to work with. The Celtic Dragon should work great - I would think that most decks could lend themselves to the Konraad spread, especially if this is your deck of choice. I personally used the Ancestral Path deck just because it felt past-lifey to me ;)

There are lots of great places that have spread ideas. I will PM you some of them. Also, a great book with LOTS of spreads in it to chose from is Power Tarot. I purchased from Amazon used (it was actually brand new) for $4.75 plus shipping. I love this book for the spreads it has and totally recommend it.

Blessings -

:THERM Starfish

Thirteen

Re: Thanks Starfish

Hey, Moongold, as per your request, let's have a look...

Moongold said:

Throne 1
Ace of Cups

Hermit Sun Death Fool
Emperor

This is childhood/youth. Cups indicates a love of pleasure. I see you in the "Fool" card here; a time when you were young, happy, enthuiastic--but also naive. Having seen what you wrote it's quite clear that this was the time when your brother (The Sun = siblings--especially a male sibling) came and "Killed" your sunshine. "Depletion" is also a possibility with the Ace of Cups, and it would seem that the "Sun" was taken away--The Emperor is also involved here--as you indicate he didn't quite favor you. This was the moment when you began to transform from naive, happy fool into hermit--more solitary, thoughtful, less trusting. The pleasure of life was deminished, depleated.

Throne 2
Ace of Pentacles

Tower Hierophant Magician Justice

This is your current career--what you're doing or trying to do with your life--your ambitions, your work. And it's highly favorable, being Ace of Pentacles. Interesting that here, as with childhood, you have a "father figure"/brother--the Hierophant--only this one is positive. A partner, advisor, friend, priest or co-worker--or perhaps those friendly spirits you've mentioned--who is giving you some very good advice--in fact, given the Tower, I'd say that whatever he (she or it) has said to you, it's torn down lies and false structure, shaken you up, and made you see your wants, needs and ambitions in a whole new light--as you mentioned, I believe. New insights.

I see you as the Magician in this part of the spread--no longer the naive fool or the cautious Hermit, but wise, adept, talented--able to see beneath the lies to a deeper truth--willing to speak your mind and say what you see as well. And, from the Justice card, your new goal is to bring balance and fairness to the world.

Throne 3
Ace of Rods

Star Temperance Hanged Man Strength
Empress

This is love, romance, partnerships. Rods indicate recent conflicts and difficulties in this area. As the Empress, you've been patient, creative, willing to wait and let love grow and develop. At first, you had a very hopeful view of love--the Star--and saw a positive future. But then you started to alter this view with a dose of reality--Temperance--now you're feeling like the Hanged Man--stalled, in limbo. You're wondering if you should draw on your inner strength and continue. It's a difficult time.

Throne 4
Ace of Swords

Devil Lovers Judgement Moon High Priestess
Charioteer World Wheel of Fortune

Your past life was a time of GREAT POWER.

The Devil indicates to me a person in power in this past life that caused a lot of people pain--enslaved them, tricked them, abused them. The High Priestess and the Charioteer are the Lovers. I'm not sure which you were in this life, but I *suspect* it was the Charioteer (more on that later). We have here a "holy woman" and a "Warrior". They met at night, by the moonlight, and it was their aim to change the situation--Judgement--they were going to renew and restore the right. Relating also to the Moon is that the High Priestess' deeper psychic powers or spirituality helped them--as much as their intincts, love, and willingness to just go with the madness of the moment. The World and Wheel of Fortune indictes to me that they succeeded, defeating the Devil and changing the both the world and the times in which they lived in.

No telling if this situation was very large (countries) or very small (a village or household).

Relating to Childhood--The Devil in this case is brother/father returned to removed that childhood light from your originally carefree, pleasure-loving youth. Thus, your old enemy returned from a past life to haunt you in childhood.

Relating to Career--that Hierophant, either physically there or spiritually, is your other half (Charioteer or High Priestess--you said someone you never meet but who'd died was still with you--High Priestess?)--helping you to succeed as she did in your past life, to get past the damage done by the Devil. Also, as in the past life, you're intent on making judgements, on fighting for fairness and change of the unbalanced status quo.

Relates back to the unfairness you saw done to you in childhood as well as in the past life--FAIRNESS is very important to you.

Relating to Love--the love of this past life, which allowed you to do incredible things, indicates why you're so hopeful and willing to "soldier on" in this life when it comes to love. It's why you were such an optimistic child, why you're intent on justice, etc, in this life.

Am I anywhere near on target with any of this? Or does any of this help you to see what it really might all be about?

Thirteen

Re: Help?

Royal Cat said:

Throne 1: Early Childhood/Destiny
*****Ace of Wands*****
World**Emperor**Hermit**Magician
**Tower**

Ace of Wands=work and responsibility
The only thing that makes any sense to me here is the Emperor - I had a very controlling, powerful father (a lawyer). However, I don't really see how the other cards come into play.

Think of this as a TIME in your childhood--not the ENTIRE childhood. It's a time of work and responsiblity for you--a time when you had to earn your allowance, or take a summer job or help around the house--or were given new responsibilties. The world could indicte a time of travel or learning--when you had extra homework. There's your dad, the Emperor, and you, The Hermit, working toward being "The Magician." It's a time when a lot of truths you held began to crumble. Likely a teenage time, when through reading, study and work you began to discern the truth about the world--to see it in ways you hadn't before.

Throne 3: Love and Marriage
*****Ace of Swords*****
Lovers**Judgement**Death**Sun
**Chariot**

Ace of Swords= Quarrels
This was confusing and a bit scary. I have a very happy marriage and we don't have fights (really!) We've been together for 11 years, married for 7 of those. I can only speculate that the Lovers card either stands for myself (a Scorpio) or us as a couple. :confused: The combination of Judgement, Death and Sun is very puzzling to me in regards to "Quarrels" in "Love." I really need help sorting this one out!

This indicates to me, again, not a whole marriage, but a time in the marriage--right now it's "quarrels" but they need not be nasty quarrels--they're disagreements over how to renew things--about changes. Judgement is an upheaval, tossing away something from the past. So, this "quarrel" is about getting rid of something, forgetting about something, laying it to rest and erasing it from your life. Death indicates that the two of you, together, will find a way to end the quarrel, to reach a decision about what needs to go or not go--the Quarrel ends with the Sun shining--renewal. So, positive in spite of our Ace of Swords. The Chariot indicates to me the power of your marriage to head forward, bringing disagreements into alignment no matter how much there's an urge to pull apart.

Throne 4: Past Life
*****Ace of Cups*****
**Hierophant**Wheel of Fortune**High Priestess**Temperance**Justice**Moon**Devil**Hanged Man

Ace of Cups = Beauty
Hmm... the pairing of Hierophant and High Priestess suggests to me that I must have been a powerful person in the church or at least a leader or teacher of some kind. This makes sense to me. I seem to have gone through quite a bit in this past life... confusion, addictions, wrong paths, etc.

The pairing of the two with Wheel of Fortune between indicates to me that there was a shift in power--Hierophant gave way to High Priestess. Possibly this situation was male exlusive--but finally a woman was brought in (Saint Francis comes to mind--insisting that there be a church with married couples, not just men or women exclusively). I don't know if you were Hierophant or High Priestess, but once the High Priestess was brought in, there was balance--Temperence, and a feeling of Fairness. The two were equal judges, and powerful figures.

There was also, it would seem, from the moon and the devil, a good deal of, well, temptation that was given into. Lust, craziness, sex and indugence. A powerful brew if you will. I wonder if the Hanged man indicates a child?

I don't know if that rings familiar, but perhaps this was Egyptian? Or Pagan--with a "Priest-King" and a "Priestess-Queen"? A spin of the wheel creating the union--the Priest-King was given a Priestess-Queen and neither had seen each other--it worked out well as they formed a good balance--but then turned into something even more. A powerful pair with powerful results?

Relating to childhood--this past life is about responsiblity--you may not have wanted the marriage, but you responsibly went along with it. Thus, in your present-life's childhood, you instinctively knew that work and responsibity are ways of developing from Hermit to Magician. You don't shirk from such things--

As is clear from Career--you dive into things--as you learned that diving in was the way to do things in your past life. You went with the wheel of fortune in this past life, and so now, you do so in the present--even when it's a bit foolish.

And in Love--you know, from your past life, how to balance things out, no matter how strong the difference of opinion. And so you do in this life. I suspect your current spouse is a reincarnation of this past one--did you feel you'd always known him? Do you know how to make a powerful team?

Does any of this help in interpeting the cards?

Royal Cat

Re: Re: Help?

Oh Thirteen, thank you! You are wonderful. This was just the nudge I needed to help it all fall into place.

Throne 1: Early Childhood/Destiny
*****Ace of Wands*****
World**Emperor**Hermit**Magician
**Tower**
Thirteen said:
Think of this as a TIME in your childhood--not the ENTIRE childhood.
Now I get it! :) I was trying to look at everything too broadly. Yes, it fits perfectly with my teenage years. My parents, father especially, were VERY big on the importance of having an after school job. Not so much for money, just for the responsibility. When I was 13 I began teaching a beginner's computer class on weekends at the library. (I was also a little "Hermit" at the library and, between classes, would hide away in the "new age" section reading about numerology!!! :D) By 16 I was working after school at one job, volunteering at another, doing sports and dance classes and trying to squeeze in friends, etc. From the age of 13 on I really never had a "free" summer. I was always working and taking extra classes to get ahead in school. I really did carry the World around on my little shoulders. The Tower came when I reached College at age 17. I realized that I was a lot more unique then I had thought previously. I had led a fairly sheltered, but fortunate life. It is at that point where I started to grow and begin to learn the lessons of the Magician - that I began to learn to use all the tools in front of me and bring that creative power potential into use.

Throne 3: Love and Marriage
*****Ace of Swords*****
Lovers**Judgement**Death**Sun
**Chariot**

Thirteen said:
This indicates to me, again, not a whole marriage, but a time in the marriage.
Judgement is an upheaval, tossing away something from the past. So, this "quarrel" is about getting rid of something, forgetting about something, laying it to rest and erasing it from your life.
Once again, I was reading this too broadly - as if it represented our entire marriage. This makes more sense now. There are certainly painful issues from our pasts (before meeting each other) that we both hang onto. We have a great relationship, but it could be better if we just let those issues go... I can see now how Judgement and Death go hand in hand for this Throne. If I would just accept the ending and release those past burdens, memories and mistakes I could be free to open up to a brighter future.

Throne 4: Past Life
*****Ace of Cups*****
**Hierophant**Wheel of Fortune**High Priestess**Temperance**Justice**Moon**Devil**Hanged Man

Thirteen said:
The pairing of the two with Wheel of Fortune between indicates to me that there was a shift in power--Hierophant gave way to High Priestess. I don't know if you were Hierophant or High Priestess, but once the High Priestess was brought in, there was balance--Temperance, and a feeling of Fairness. The two were equal judges, and powerful figures.
I don't know if that rings familiar, but perhaps this was Egyptian? Or Pagan--with a "Priest-King" and a "Priestess-Queen"?
When I read this part, I had a jolt of recognition *tingles* I was just about to start reading _The Mists of Avalon_! The change in power from Feminine to Masculine rule, Celtic and Pagan beliefs to Christianity - and all that violence and lust! If you read this throne in reverse it sounds a bit like the book! hmmm... interesting. For a past life, I think the Pagan Priest-King / Priestess-Queen really "feels" right. :)

Thirteen said:
I suspect your current spouse is a reincarnation of this past one--did you feel you'd always known him?

Yes, very much so!! And it was mutual, right from the beginning. :) I would love to know how I can expand upon the information provided in this spread and learn more. Do you have any suggestions?

Thirteen said:
Does any of this help in interpeting the cards?
THANK YOU! *gushing* THANK YOU! You have been a terrific help. :)

Cat