Tarot of Claude BURDEL 1751 another FACSIMILE for 2015 !

Le Fanu

I'd love to see some images of the Burdel expressions.

I am going to get both the Heri and the Burdel but I wanted an extra copy of one of these to de-corner and use as a reading deck for others. Can't buy two of both but was leaning towards a 2nd copy of the Heri, but now I'm thinking maybe the Burdel...

delizt

WOW! I received my copy of the Burdel today, what a beauty!!!

Another superb addition by Yves!! I had thought nothing would "top" my lovely Madenié, but this one is close in beauty in my humble opinion and I am delighted!!

I've attached comparison pics of the Burdel next to my Madenié to view the differences in expressions

This is a lovely deck for anyone who is considering it, well worth it!!

EDIT** By the way, this deck is shuffles WITH EASE!!! I'm keeping the corners as it can be shuffled "riffle-style" as I like:)) I am assuming it is a "tad" thinner in stock than the Madenié?

see pics below

Yves Le Marseillais

Burdel versus Madenié

WOW! I received my copy of the Burdel today, what a beauty!!!

Another superb addition by Yves!! I had thought nothing would "top" my lovely Madenié, but this one is close in beauty in my humble opinion and I am delighted!!

I've attached comparison pics of the Burdel next to my Madenié to view the differences in expressions

This is a lovely deck for anyone who is considering it, well worth it!!

EDIT** By the way, this deck is shuffles WITH EASE!!! I'm keeping the corners as it can be shuffled "riffle-style" as I like:)) I am assuming it is a "tad" thinner in stock than the Madenié?

see pics below

Bonsoir Delizt and all,

You are right Burdel is slightly thinner than Madenié:
78 cards Madenié = 38 mm card sizes 65 mmx 122 mm
78 cards Burdel = 36 mm card sizes 63 mmx 117 mm
78 cards Heri = 36 mm card sizes 69 mmx 125 mm
78 cards Chosson = 33 mm card sizes 63 mmx 120 mm

Burdel is really easy to shuffle ha ha !! : I do confirms because I shuffle tenth of them right now as to check each card before wrapping them in their box.

Madenié and Burdel are result of delicate engravers (I am nearly sure that Madenié and Claude Burdel engraved with their own hands and not any "free lance" engraver as it was most of the time).
Chosson is another story because engraving was very good but the only original Chosson tarot is tired and so result is inferior for me.
Heri is more rough but still have his own charm and significant details.

I like them all in fact you understood and just want to share my passion for this Tarot of Marseille Pattern.

I appreciate your comments.

Thanks for them,

Best

Yves

3ill.yazi

Yves,

I've never really liked the look of the Burdel, based on the several reproductions that have been published in the past. But I can see that speaks to the reproductions, and not the original deck.

Gorgeous work.

Astraea

I've never really liked the look of the Burdel, based on the several reproductions that have been published in the past. But I can see that speaks to the reproductions, and not the original deck.
You've put that so well. The Burdel did not appeal to me, either, until I saw this deck from Yves. The colors, lines and proportions are elegant and eloquent. As you say, Yves has done gorgeous work.

Le Fanu

Were the pics removed? I must have missed them...

Emily

Were the pics removed? I must have missed them...

I can't find the pics either. I have the Burdel from the Lee Bursten set but I'd also like to see the comparison pics. :)

Emily

Ahh Thank you, yes I see them now. :)